LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Accessing CBEST settings on 460

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-07, 07:34 AM
srcada
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessing CBEST settings on 460

Does anyone know how to access the CBest settings on the new 460. I have asked my dealer to disable the seatbelt chime (which is listed as a setting that can be turned on or off) but they refuse to do so stating liabililty as the reason. I can't stand listening to this ding and on long trips it's no big deal to put on the belt, but my commute to and from work takes 3 minutes and I never drive on a road with a speed limit over 25 mph so I typically don't wear the belt on that trip. Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-05-07, 07:39 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately, that's a standardized thing because of safety laws.

Even if your commute is only 3 minutes and you drive less than 25 mph, it's best to put it on. You never know what might happen; "ounce of prevention > pound of cure."

Or you can go for a walk. 3 minutes at 25 mph is 1.25 miles. You can burn an extra 300 calories a day just walking that...
Old 06-05-07, 07:45 AM
clambros
Driver

My dealer disabled my seatbelt chime. It is only done thru the TIS portable computer, from the customer settings menu. Its a personal setting and the dealership should change the setting for you.
Old 06-05-07, 08:11 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by clambros
My dealer disabled my seatbelt chime. It is only done thru the TIS portable computer, from the customer settings menu. Its a personal setting and the dealership should change the setting for you.

I agree with this. It is an LPS per the manual and my dealer made this and a few other LPS adjustments for me with no questions asked. If the dealer won't do it and you don't have another convenient dealer available then call Lexus Customer Relations and have them intercede in your behalf with the dealer.

Another option is to look here at CL in the GS forum for the Tricks and Shortcuts (or something like that) thread, as I recall that there is a sequence of button pushing there for the GSs that the user can do to accomplish the same thing. However, no idea if it will work in the LS.
Old 06-05-07, 11:36 AM
clambros
Driver

Originally Posted by hendjaz
...Another option is to look here at CL in the GS forum for the Tricks and Shortcuts (or something like that) thread, as I recall that there is a sequence of button pushing there for the GSs that the user can do to accomplish the same thing. However, no idea if it will work in the LS.....
Unfortunately, the GS sequence does not work on the LS. My dealer tried that procedure for over an hour, then called Lexus support, to find out the setting had to be changed with the portable TIS computer.
Old 06-05-07, 02:04 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I just had my LS in for the 8,000Kms (5,000mi) service yesterday. The chime had been annoying me and anybody who sat in the car since delivery. The Seat Belt Reminder is the last function listed on the Lexus Personalized Settings list. So I anxiously and patiently looked forward to this service appointment. I could have gone in sooner, but the dealer is not close to my home. When I asked that the "speed linked" chime be turned off, the adviser spoke with the service manager and he refused to change it for the same reason. I then told them that according to Lexus' list they were wrong and to change it immediately. The adviser then showed a copy of said list to him, and they turned it off right away.

What I eventually learned from this is the chime is really a two-stage process. The initial chime is a slow five note reminder; I didn't have a problem with that and as it turned out, this is the reminder that can't be changed anyway (or so I thought) - unless you disconnect it in some way or other. The service department probably think you want to silence it altogether. The rapid (read annoying) chime that follows is the one that can be turned off. I presume that this may suit families with small children, but is a pain in the you know where for normal adults...

My car sounds much better now (oxymoron?). So take it back and don't take no for an answer.

Last edited by Johnny; 08-16-07 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-05-07, 09:13 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I'm a little confused...for those of you that have had the change made to the seatbelt reminder...were you able to have it totally silenced or just that second set of double-time dings that drive you nuts??
Old 06-05-07, 09:51 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by acecert
So, I'm a little confused...for those of you that have had the change made to the seatbelt reminder...were you able to have it totally silenced or just that second set of double-time dings that drive you nuts??
Evidently, you can silence the first "slow" reminder - it's very brief anyway. This sequence is the same, more or less as most if not all cars made today. The second "rapid" sequence is optional, and is the last item on the second page of Lexus' Personalization Settings list.

Last edited by Johnny; 08-16-07 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-06-07, 05:55 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

I'll have to get another copy of that personalized list...mine was left with the dealer when I initially had things programmed and didn't see that item (seatbelt ding) on the list! Dangit. :-)
Old 06-06-07, 06:30 AM
Dlau
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I had my chime disabled by my dealer recently completely. Both chime slow and fast is now silent. Only the red seat belt light blink next to the navi screen if you don't wear your seatbelt. My dealer at first told me about the liability thing, but then I show them the page at the owner's manuel that say it is customizable, they did it right away. My dealer is Longo in El Monte, CA.

Dlau
Old 06-06-07, 06:44 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dlau
Hi, I had my chime disabled by my dealer recently completely. Both chime slow and fast is now silent. Only the red seat belt light blink next to the navi screen if you don't wear your seatbelt. My dealer at first told me about the liability thing, but then I show them the page at the owner's manuel that say it is customizable, they did it right away. My dealer is Longo in El Monte, CA.

Dlau
Same here. Both have been silenced by the dealer.
Old 06-06-07, 12:26 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by acecert
I'll have to get another copy of that personalized list...mine was left with the dealer when I initially had things programmed and didn't see that item (seatbelt ding) on the list! Dangit. :-)
I'll post an image of that list here soon, so others can anticipate the features that can be personalized.

I thought of insisting that the initial chime also be silenced, but since it didn't bother me, and it was so brief, I let it go. Good that they did it for you.
Old 06-06-07, 08:57 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Old 06-08-07, 06:35 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Dlau

Dlau
This is good news! I bought mine at Long as well and I'm going to ask to have mine disabled. I wear my seatbelt regularly...I just usually do it just as I pull out and would rather not have to hear a ding to remind me...especially that double-time ding!

Thanks for the post, Burnaby (the personalized settings pages)
Old 06-08-07, 10:53 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

If you've lost or misplaced the list above, it's also part of the Quick Guide that comes with the car, at the back of the book.