Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Pontiac to bring back the GTO Judge

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-05, 08:39 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Pontiac to bring back the GTO Judge

hey guys any truth about that? I saw articles about the orange beast coming back possibly with the new 505 horse ZO6 motor. I am getting a GTO should I wait for this monster? Here she is
Attached Thumbnails Pontiac to bring back the GTO Judge-judge.jpg  

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 12-07-05 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-07-05, 08:56 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Should you wait? Yes and no.....depends on what your priorities are. If you want a sleeper, then buy a GTO now in a more subdued color. If you wait and get a Judge, that bright orange color will look like a circus rolling down the street. I myself don't believe it, but a lot of people think that cops are attracted by bright colors.
Also keep another thing in mind: I notice you are from NY state. I don't know if you live in the Snow Belt part of that state near Lakes Erie and Ontario where they routinely get buried in the winter, but a GTO with factory tires is almost completely worthless on slippery roads, and only slightly less so with winter tires. If you live in the Snow Belt areas I strongly recommend an AWD winter beater for November-March.

Now, Chrysler: Where is that retro Road Runner with the bird graphics and Beep-Beep horn?
Me and my checkbook are STILL waiting.

BTW, that is some signature you have there. You look like you run an auto parts shop.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-07-05 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-07-05, 09:29 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Should you wait? Yes and no.....depends on what your priorities are. If you want a sleeper, then buy a GTO now in a more subdued color. If you wait and get a Judge, that bright orange color will look like a circus rolling down the street. I myself don't believe it, but a lot of people think that cops are attracted by bright colors.
Also keep another thing in mind: I notice you are from NY state. I don't know if you live in the Snow Belt part of that state near Lakes Erie and Ontario where they routinely get buried in the winter, but a GTO with factory tires is almost completely worthless on slippery roads, and only slightly less so with winter tires. If you live in the Snow Belt areas I strongly recommend an AWD winter beater for November-March.

Now, Chrysler: Where is that retro Road Runner with the bird graphics and Beep-Beep horn?
Me and my checkbook are STILL waiting.

BTW, that is some signature you have there. You look like you run an auto parts shop.
Your right. orange especially in NYC is like a orange icing donut to the cops. I really want black, but the 69 judge only came in orange. 400 horses for the stock 06 is pretty darn good. 4.5 0-60. The Judge with 505 will probaly be a 3.7 second car like its zo6 cousin. Damnnnnn I have to sleep on it
Old 12-07-05, 09:34 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Your right. orange especially in NYC is like a orange icing donut to the cops. t
Well...in NYC the orange paint will just blend in with all the taxis.......and you will really have fun using all of its 400-500 HP between traffic lights every block.
Old 12-07-05, 09:51 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Well...in NYC the orange paint will just blend in with all the taxis.......and you will really have fun using all of its 400-500 HP between traffic lights every block.
lol I didn't see your comments about my sig.. Yeah Im in NYC. We get some heavy snow, I do use the rav4 as my daily and winter vehicle. It is newer than my GS, but the GS is just getting dressed for the spring. Just waiting for her new skirts and new pair of shoes to put on her, then i will take her out on a hot date.
Old 12-07-05, 10:15 AM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I myself don't believe it, but a lot of people think that cops are attracted by bright colors.
I think it may vary between cops. While I was at work, i asked one of the cops, since they are always in and out of the ER, and he told me yea, bright ones, generally the red and white cars, stand out more to them and attract more attention.

But about the GTO, if the Judge is just rumored, there's a chance they may decide not to produce it. Therefor, if you wait around a year, you still may not get it. And I agree, do you want a bright orange car? If your financial situation allows it, I say get a normal one, and drop some cash into tuning it, both engine and also exterior. Good look either way, I'm a fan of the GTO!
Old 12-07-05, 10:39 AM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That picture up there is signifigantly better looking than the regular GTO,

get the judge
Old 12-07-05, 12:21 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

505 horsepower my GOD If it was under 40 grand hell yeah. I got a quote from a local dealer for an 06 for 31,500 with the 18's. I might bite. If i were to let Lingenfelter mod it out to 600 horses, that would cost me an additional $25,000 bucks
Old 12-07-05, 01:44 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

The GTO concept has a 6.3 L V8 engine with 500 hp at 5200 rpm and 500 lb-ft of torque at 5000 rpm, matching early rumors about the LS7 for the C6 Corvette Z06. It also has a six-speed manual transmission, modified brakes, bigger wheels and tires and new exhaust. The bright orange exterior features a new hood, fender, quarter panel, spoiler, front and rear fascia and rockers.

Penned and sculpted by a team led by Performance Division design director Kip Wasenko, this Goat began life as a 2004 production model. By replacing most of the stock car’s steel body panels with custom fiberglass, Wasenko’s crew transformed the GTO’s look from—how to say this politely—Ally McBeal to Pamela Anderson. The doors, greenhouse, decklid, headlights and taillights are the only production exterior parts that carry over to the concept car, which fuses road-racer chic to old-school cool without incorporating stale retro cues.

“Certainly, we wanted to tie in with the heritage of GTO,” Wasenko says. “The hood is an all-new design, but it’s still Ram Air. We chose a 389-cubic-inch engine because that was kind of the main engine for old GTOs (though The Judge commonly used a 400-cid engine), [but] as opposed to old GTOs, which were drag racers, this one was inspired more by road racing.”

more pics
Attached Thumbnails Pontiac to bring back the GTO Judge-101120.jpg  
Old 12-07-05, 01:48 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
The GTO concept has a 6.3 L V8 engine with 500 hp at 5200 rpm and 500 lb-ft of torque at 5000 rpm, matching early rumors about the LS7 for the C6 Corvette Z06. It also has a six-speed manual transmission, modified brakes, bigger wheels and tires and new exhaust. The bright orange exterior features a new hood, fender, quarter panel, spoiler, front and rear fascia and rockers.

Penned and sculpted by a team led by Performance Division design director Kip Wasenko, this Goat began life as a 2004 production model. By replacing most of the stock car’s steel body panels with custom fiberglass, Wasenko’s crew transformed the GTO’s look from—how to say this politely—Ally McBeal to Pamela Anderson. The doors, greenhouse, decklid, headlights and taillights are the only production exterior parts that carry over to the concept car, which fuses road-racer chic to old-school cool without incorporating stale retro cues.

“Certainly, we wanted to tie in with the heritage of GTO,” Wasenko says. “The hood is an all-new design, but it’s still Ram Air. We chose a 389-cubic-inch engine because that was kind of the main engine for old GTOs (though The Judge commonly used a 400-cid engine), [but] as opposed to old GTOs, which were drag racers, this one was inspired more by road racing.”

more pics
here is a side view of the beast
Attached Thumbnails Pontiac to bring back the GTO Judge-gto_rear.jpg