Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Another F-Sport Swaybar thread. new on an '07 430 (Fsport Sway Bar Noise Problems)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-09, 06:49 PM
sprintz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Another F-Sport Swaybar thread. new on an '07 430 (Fsport Sway Bar Noise Problems)

Just got mine back from Park Place Lexus in Dallas (part from Sewell).
I worried a little about loosing comfort on what is mostly a highway commuter car, but hot DAMN I love this mod. I have ~4 country road curves on my daily 20 mile commute that I hit hard (now ~60mph) and what a difference they make! Tizight! And I Honestly can't tell difference on the highway. I8ABMR, thanks for trustworthy review.

However, turning into my driveway I did notice a knock at slow speed over a bump. Backed up and did it 3 times, all the same. Is this what others have been observing? Perhaps static friction release on the bushings? Park Place Lexus did the install. I'll ask tomorrow if they greased the new bushings.
Old 07-17-09, 08:14 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sprintz
Just got mine back from Park Place Lexus in Dallas (part from Sewell).
I worried a little about loosing comfort on what is mostly a highway commuter car, but hot DAMN I love this mod. I have ~4 country road curves on my daily 20 mile commute that I hit hard (now ~60mph) and what a difference they make! Tizight! And I Honestly can't tell difference on the highway. I8ABMR, thanks for trustworthy review.

However, turning into my driveway I did notice a knock at slow speed over a bump. Backed up and did it 3 times, all the same. Is this what others have been observing? Perhaps static friction release on the bushings? Park Place Lexus did the install. I'll ask tomorrow if they greased the new bushings.
I get the same knock on my 350 AWD. The bushings are supposed to be oil impregnated, do they still need grease? Keep me posted on what the remedy is.
Thanks
Old 07-17-09, 08:18 PM
LexFather

Congrats.....seems a lot of people are having noise issues with the sways ....
Old 07-17-09, 08:58 PM
sprintz
Rookie

Originally Posted by bokmeipai
I get the same knock on my 350 AWD. The bushings are supposed to be oil impregnated, do they still need grease? Keep me posted on what the remedy is.
Thanks
I'll attempt to talk to 'em, but I have a feeling Lexus will say "It's not a 430 part"... I'm wondering for those are NOT hearing clunking, can you please ask your installer if they greased the sh&$ out of the bushings or what?
Old 07-17-09, 09:23 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have these on my 460 now, and I have a terrible knock. In the other thread, I have posted that the dealer cannot rectify my problem and claim it isn't a 460 part and LEXUS corporate has said the same thing... this leads me to believe that the warranty is actually void if anything should go wrong. My dealer doesn't want to spend any more time troubleshooting the issue, and I cannot blame them, however, I too would like to know if those WITHOUT noise installed with extra grease in the bushings!!!

MODS: Can you rename this thread to delineate it from the other sway thread - "Fsport Sway Bar Noise Problems!" Should we turn this into a POLL???

Everyone - if you have noise, please post the year of your GS and the Model (350/430/450/460) so that we can track a pattern.... Two dealers have now recommended I remove these from the vehicle and return to stock but I would prefer NOT TO!!!!! Anyone with success without noise, please let us know if you had to use extra grease in the bushings....
Old 07-17-09, 10:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am wondering what's up. I have no issues or noises, but I have coilovers . I don't think that makes a big difference though. I had my install done by a service tech at my local dealership. I wish you guys the best . I am sure they will be able to get it resolved
Old 07-18-09, 01:00 AM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

for the people that are having knock issues... let us know if you have the AVS or not(the sport suspension switch)
Old 07-18-09, 06:26 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
MODS: Can you rename this thread to delineate it from the other sway thread - "Fsport Sway Bar Noise Problems!" Should we turn this into a POLL???

Everyone - if you have noise, please post the year of your GS and the Model (350/430/450/460) so that we can track a pattern.... Two dealers have now recommended I remove these from the vehicle and return to stock but I would prefer NOT TO!!!!! Anyone with success without noise, please let us know if you had to use extra grease in the bushings....
Done...........
Old 07-18-09, 10:06 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree one thread will help.
Has anyone replaced the end links? Seems the dealer is using the old part? I suggest to replace.

I will have pics later. The bars are similar in weight. Its the shape that is different.

I must say the rear took me 15 min to remove in my garage. Haven't touched the front.
Old 07-18-09, 10:57 AM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike keep us posted. I am looking forward to hearing your review once they are installed.
Thanks
Old 07-18-09, 11:17 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Going to be next weekend. I ordered new links. I will post a install thread for those that want install yourself.
Old 07-18-09, 12:07 PM
sprintz
Rookie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am wondering what's up. I have no issues or noises, but I have coilovers . I don't think that makes a big difference though. I had my install done by a service tech at my local dealership. I wish you guys the best . I am sure they will be able to get it resolved
Please ask that service tech if he greased the bushings and/or did anything else not discussed in the Lexus install instructions. He may secretly be the swaybar jedi master.
Old 07-18-09, 01:03 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

the bushings are sealed so I dont thing its that. My opinion is its the links, they should be replaced when you replace the sway bar. Look in the other thread to see the pics I took. I was looking for aftermarket ones but no one makes them for our car. I just got a set on order with my local dealer. I will install them and report back if there is any noise or issue.

another thing I see is the rubber needs to go in a specific direction. I am not sure if this has something to do with the noise. I will have more info to post back since I am doing it myself. When you want it done right....DIY
Old 07-19-09, 02:15 AM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a rwd 350 installed sways today everything is fine.... local shop for 40 he said if ur ganna hit alot of corners check your front sways screws b/c over time they might come loose screw at each end where the link is
Old 07-19-09, 04:39 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ interesting.

Quick Reply: Another F-Sport Swaybar thread. new on an '07 430 (Fsport Sway Bar Noise Problems)