GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Extremely hard to find a GX with Lane Departure

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-20, 01:25 PM
wtd03
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extremely hard to find a GX with Lane Departure

and Pre- collision warning system in the US. It seems these things are like unicorns. I was looking for the newer body style 2014+ with the entire Driver Support Package with these safety features and cannot find one used at all near me in Dallas Texas. Why are these cars so difficult to find?

Can this be added aftermarket?

Last edited by wtd03; 01-10-20 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-10-20, 01:28 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 194 Likes on 128 Posts

@clearmysix was able to complete the radar cruise control mod.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ar-cruise.html
Old 01-10-20, 04:19 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,567 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Visually look for the camera on the grill.. that will tell you '14-19 had Driver Support Package

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...t-package.html

Originally Posted by wtd03
and Pre- collision warning system in the US. It seems these things are like unicorns. I was looking for the newer body style 2014+ with the entire Driver Support Package with these safety features and cannot find one used at all near me in Dallas Texas. Why are these cars so difficult to find?

Can this be added aftermarket?
The following users liked this post:
wtd03 (01-10-20)
Old 01-10-20, 04:29 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Not sure years or price range but here is a '19 in TX

https://cargur.us/ybLMc
Old 01-10-20, 04:56 PM
Magnumpi
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in California and was searching the entire country on auto trader, iseecars and carmax, very few out there. It took about 8 months and one appeared about 30 miles from where I live. I don't think carmax realized it had the driver support package. it was not listed on their spec sheet. It was about $6k less than any others out there, it was priced the same a a luxury package one. I could tell by the lexus emblem on the grill and camera when looking at pictures. Also the pictures of the steering wheel has the lane assist button on it. I feel I lucked out on it. I just did a quick search on auto trader and found a few. I will send to you.
wtd03 (01-10-20)
Old 01-10-20, 05:00 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

One has to be in tune with the small external details of the options to see them in ads which may not be accurately described. It may come down to looking more at pictures than text searches.

Old 01-10-20, 06:11 PM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 583 Likes on 353 Posts

pretty sure you'll need to seaching for a Luxury trim with Driver support package. easy way to tell if a car has DSP is it will have all 4 switches next to the shift lever (since it comes with crawl control also...)

try cars.com

and definitely search in DFW area... tons of lightly used pavement princesses down here for sale that drive around...if you find one you want me to check out, let me know, happy to go view in person for you.-nate
The following 2 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
tbrasuell (02-05-20), wtd03 (01-10-20)
Old 01-10-20, 08:26 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Lux with driver support is unicorn territory for sure, not many were sold. If your budget allows for it, try to wait till the first MY20s demos are being sold or leftover MY20s in dec. The MY20 refresh has made it standard on every single grade so a MY18-19 luxury edition with driver support which probably will be the same price as a basic My20

Have you tried the driver support package out though is the really question?
This is definitely not Tesla Autopilot, and certainly not even close to Toyota Safety Sense v1.0 or Lexus safety sense V1.0 that launched with the 2016-19 MY RX lineup.

Old 01-10-20, 08:39 PM
wtd03
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Lux with driver support is unicorn territory for sure, not many were sold. If your budget allows for it, try to wait till the first MY20s demos are being sold or leftover MY20s in dec. The MY20 refresh has made it standard on every single grade so a MY18-19 luxury edition with driver support which probably will be the same price as a basic My20

Have you tried the driver support package out though is the really question?
This is definitely not Tesla Autopilot, and certainly not even close to Toyota Safety Sense v1.0 or Lexus safety sense V1.0 that launched with the 2016-19 MY RX lineup.
No i haven't tried it as I can't find it.

I figured it would be like the safety package on my wife's 2016 es 350.

I had no idea it would be different
Old 01-10-20, 08:51 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wtd03
No i haven't tried it as I can't find it.

I figured it would be like the safety package on my wife's 2016 es 350.

I had no idea it would be different
This is what you have direct from the 16 press release:
Bringing to bear a series of advanced technologies, Lexus Safety System+ is designed to help the driver avoid collisions, or mitigate their impacts. High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control works at speeds over 25 mph. It tracks the speed of the vehicle traveling ahead and can adjust the speed setting accordingly to help maintain a preset distance.

Pre-Collision System can detect vehicles – and in certain conditions, pedestrians – by using a
combination of millimeter-wave radar and a front-facing camera. The system can warn the driver of a possible collision and can initiate automatic braking with Brake Assist if necessary.

Using a camera to detect visible lane markings, Lane Departure Alert is designed to convey audio-visual alerts and vibrate the steering wheel if it determines that the driver unintentionally deviated from the lane. Lane Departure Alert, with Steering Assist enabled, can help the vehicle stay in the center of its lane by smoothly increasing steering torque by a small amount.

Intelligent High Beam technology senses headlights from oncoming traffic, and also the taillights of the vehicle traveling in front, and automatically adjusts high- and low-beam illumination. The available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) helps detect vehicles in side blind spots and alert the driver to rear cross traffic when backing out of a parking space.
GX460 My14-19 (MY20 is adds Pedestrian detection only)
The Driver Support Package, available in the Luxury model, includes the Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Driver Attention Monitor. It is designed to help reduce collision damage, and includes Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, which uses millimeter-wave radar to measure and help maintain a pre-set following distance from a vehicle traveling ahead.

Sometimes, a driver can be inattentive at the worst time, and the GX 460 can help do something about that. The available Driver Attention Monitor uses a camera to monitor the orientation of the driver’s face. If it determines that the driver is not facing forward when an obstacle is detected by PCS, alerts are conveyed with a warning chime and a warning display. If the driver doesn’t respond as the vehicle gets closer to the obstacle, the next level of warning is for PCS to gently apply the brakes.

At the same time, the system automatically retracts the front seatbelts and prepares the brake system to respond with increased force when the driver presses the pedal.

The Driver Support Package also includes Lane Departure Alert (LDA) and Intelligent High Beam headlamps. LDA uses certain lane markings to help alert the driver of a perceived unintentional lane departure by sounding a warning buzzer and displaying an alert. Intelligent High Beam headlamps automatically switch the high beams to low beams when encountering oncoming vehicles or approaching vehicles from the rear.
Lane deperature is passive in the GX, while active in the ES. To be honest, if LDA with active steer is important, I`d be looking for a Lexus that offers their Lexus Safety Suite V2.0 (must say that it includes Lane Tracing Assist) or Toyota Safety Sense 2.0.

Only vehicles that do not offer them, is GX, LX, 4R, Sequoia, and Land Cruiser

Last edited by coolsaber; 01-10-20 at 08:54 PM.
tbrasuell (02-05-20)
Old 01-11-20, 01:11 PM
csrpenfab
Pit Crew

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

Having come from a 2018 Honda Ridgeline with lane departure, lane keeping, and auto braking, I’m glad me 2019 GX does not have these features. Blind spot and parking sensors are all I wanted. The lane departure was annoying about 99% of the time.
Old 01-11-20, 02:08 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Having ordered a 2014 and waited four months for it with Driver's Support and Rear Entertainment System, I can tell you they are rare. Dealer told me flat out, the MSRP was too high for them to have as a stocking unit in 2014. Seems around 2016 & 2017 they changed their mind on at least the Driver's Support package. 2014 & 2015 will be hard to find. I sold mine at a premium because of the packages and the condition. My MSRP in 2014 was $68K. That was almost a 2014 Landcruiser which we cross shopped prior to ordering the GX.

Randy B
Old 01-11-20, 05:22 PM
srpuywa
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by csrpenfab
Having come from a 2018 Honda Ridgeline with lane departure, lane keeping, and auto braking, I’m glad me 2019 GX does not have these features. Blind spot and parking sensors are all I wanted. The lane departure was annoying about 99% of the time.
I agree, my 19 Premium doesn't have those 'dumbing down' drivers options, however my daughter's 19 Crosstrek has Eyesight and she likes it.
I've also been driving 40+ years longer than her.
csrpenfab (01-11-20)
Old 01-11-20, 08:31 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I`m in the camp of the more features the better. I`m not looking for something to replace my driver skill set, I`m looking for features to aid in the 1% of time where I forget.

It would have been nice Lexus got with the times and introduced 2020 features in a 2020 model
Old 02-01-20, 02:06 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Here is a '15 with Driver Support Package for $28.9 w/73K miles

https://www.cosmomotorsonline.com/de...7f5091427.html

Last edited by Acrad; 04-10-20 at 11:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Extremely hard to find a GX with Lane Departure