IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

how fast is IS350 really?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-09, 09:47 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carLx
Haha I found out who IS 350 King is. He doesn't post here, he posts on my.is forums.
who is he? he is giving the IS350 a bad name. He talks like he is 10 yrs old..
Old 09-17-09, 10:51 PM
9relude8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gs400998
http://www.zeroto60times.com/

2006 Lexus IS 350 0-60 mph 5.0 Quarter mile 13.5

2007 Lexus IS 350 0-60 mph 4.8 Quarter mile 13.3

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport (Manual) 0-60 mph 5.0 Quarter mile 13.5

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport Coupe 0-60 mph 5.2 Quarter mile 13.7
is it me or does this sound seriously wrong... 06 is slower than 07 by .2 seconds? lol ... and the G35 is faster than the G37? ... hmmm
Old 09-17-09, 10:53 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 9relude8
is it me or does this sound seriously wrong... 06 is slower than 07 by .2 seconds? lol ... and the G35 is faster than the G37? ... hmmm
may be different driver, elevation, weather, etc. Too many things to consider unless it was both done at the same day same place.

The G37 is slower from 0 compared to the G35. When I was about to buy a G37, I did thorough research on it and many drivers on the forums said that they confirmed that the G37 is slower from 0. But when on a roll, it a whole different monster.
Old 09-17-09, 10:56 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Just the other day, I was taunted by the new G37c w/ an aftermarket exhaust and probably intake. He thought he was a bad **** taking off on my at the first light when I wasn't even trying and I took him with ease on the second. I was actually pretty suprise since it has 330ponies and modded but I kept pulling away from him.
Old 09-17-09, 11:55 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phiber
who is he? he is giving the IS350 a bad name. He talks like he is 10 yrs old..
His main youtube account is noobiecheez: http://www.youtube.com/user/noobiecheez

on my.is his screen name is "cheez"

http://my.is/forums/members/77658.html

completely different demeanor on my.is, although even on noobiecheez the way he presents himself (see recent comments) sort of gives it away also. I think these days he really does post more on IS350King than noobiecheez
Old 09-17-09, 11:58 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, technically he has at least 10 alternate youtube accounts (a lot of them variations of the name "cheez", some of them just random).

He uses these to mute people sometimes. He'll log onto account 1 and downvote, log out, log into account 2 and downvote, repeat. Once a comment gets i think 6 or 7 downvotes, it is automatically censored.

Cheap trick, I know.
Old 09-18-09, 12:48 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so let me get this straight, when you race at the track, you don't worry about hitting other drivers????or any kind of accident? since you are going significantly faster and racing other fast cars. i think as long as your a good driver, and not too crazy about racing and going fast, its okay. yes i am young and have lesser worries.

just look at the plenty IS F racing videos on youtube, i see racing as a time of relaxation from all the problems and issues we have to deal with, it's a time to have fun, enjoy the thrill of your life and worry free. call me mess up, dumb, irresponsible but hey plenty of other drivers are doing it, i am not the only one. i remember one of the quotes from top gear " M3 is for a family man who has a life", in this case it's a 2is. please have some life?

i do agree street racing is unhealthy, illegal and dangerous. but if you seriously think this is extremely wrong, then you haven't seen all the mess up things happened in this world, i seen some and they really redefined my definition of what is "wrong", some pretty mess up and sick ****....

wanna know whats funny though, if you are actually friends with a cool highway patrol cop. you can step on it, and he will pretend to chase you for a bit, have a nice race with him and he will let you go ! sounds pretty ridiculous right?

there is a member on my.is that goes by the name of "knightshade", i thought he was the KING haha

Last edited by someboy; 09-18-09 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-18-09, 01:04 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by someboy
call me mess up, dumb, irresponsible...
ok, you said it...

but hey plenty of other drivers are doing it...
love your logic... you are mess up, dumb, irresponsible

*no warning from mods about 'attacking other members' he said it himself right?*

look someboy, just cuz you're young isn't an excuse, got plenty of young guys who are 'not mess up, smart, responsible' and still enjoy life...
Old 09-18-09, 01:33 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

i see this just as the same as drug taking. for example, no offense, part of the american culture is going clubbing, who can say that they have never abused alcohol, or taken other drugs at a club? ( yes maybe a few haven't ), but isn't that just as dangerous as street racing? ( people do get killed and harmed after the usage of drugs). but isn't drugs still widely abused? even the celeberties on medias are setting a bad example and has a negative affect on our population. yet, a good percentage of our population are drug users and are or have abused drugs. aren't those people mess up? another example would be, i walk into a college, i see plenty of people smoking weed regardless of their age. i inhaled it, and it endangerous my health !! it gets me thinking, isn't part of growing up is all about trying out new things? learn from mistakes? sometimes forget about all the rules, and just enjoy life and have some fun? i am mess up, and there are plenty other mess up people in this world then.

lmao this feel like a debate essay

i think we should just drop this topic and move on, obviously everybody has different views in life. if i have offended anybody i apologize right here.

Last edited by someboy; 09-18-09 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-18-09, 01:58 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wanna know whats funny though, if you are actually friends with a cool highway patrol cop. you can step on it, and he will pretend to chase you for a bit, have a nice race with him and he will let you go ! sounds pretty ridiculous right?
So not only are you a uber cool street-RaCeR but you have a highway patrol buddy who is as well? Just another reason to not like cops/highway patrols I guess. Wait, was he the one who raced a Porsche for money too?

And WTF is "XDDDD?"
Old 09-18-09, 02:32 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

if you really want to find out how fast your is350 is, just compare stats from car magazines and call it a day. if someone else says they've got a faster car, so be it. at least you drive a lexus.

proving who's car is faster by racing out on the streets is probably the dumbest and worst way to do it.

just because there are worse things in the world than street racing doesn't make it better or justify it. if anything, the consequences are just as bad.

btw, you realize "the fast and the furious" is fictional, right?
Old 09-18-09, 04:16 AM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The nice thing about a Lexus is, it offers SO much more than just going fast.
Old 09-18-09, 04:40 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

i see this just as the same as drug taking. for example, no offense, part of the american culture is going clubbing, who can say that they have never abused alcohol, or taken other drugs at a club? ( yes maybe a few haven't ), but isn't that just as dangerous as street racing? ( people do get killed and harmed after the usage of drugs). but isn't drugs still widely abused? even the celeberties on medias are setting a bad example and has a negative affect on our population. yet, a good percentage of our population are drug users and are or have abused drugs. aren't those people mess up? another example would be, i walk into a college, i see plenty of people smoking weed regardless of their age. i inhaled it, and it endangerous my health !! it gets me thinking, isn't part of growing up is all about trying out new things? learn from mistakes? sometimes forget about all the rules, and just enjoy life and have some fun? i am mess up, and there are plenty other mess up people in this world then.

lmao this feel like a debate essay

i think we should just drop this topic and move on, obviously everybody has different views in life. if i have offended anybody i apologize right here.

Generally speaking the only person that dies when someone abuses drugs is the idiot taking them. (drunk driving excluded, which is even dumber than street racing).

But when you're trying to take that BMW and didn't realize there's another car with a family of 4 just over that hill you took at 130 and slammed into and killed, it's another story.

(or the poor guy coming home from work who entered an intersection right before you tore through it around a curve, or the single mom with her kid next to her that just pulled out of a parking lot into the street you're tearing down beyond her vision when she pulled out, or a hundred other situations where people were killed and families destroyed due to some idiot they didn't even know street racing)
Old 09-18-09, 05:54 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
whats wrong with you? how old are you? what about OTHER PEOPLE'S safety??? were not talking about 'safe cars'... whats the matter with you...

about this, 'afraid of death'... again... what about OTHER PEOPLE who happen to be on the same road as you? what about THEIR DEATH'S???

seriously, how old are you? *your not that is350king from youtube are you?*
Ture, this kid sounds straight idiot barley out of highschool...

Yo kid, you kill someme single mother of two struggling to make it in life and her kids wind up in foster care because they have no other family, then you come post about how 'safe' your Lexus is.

This thread is FAIL.
The OP is FAIL

Last edited by mdgrwl; 09-18-09 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-18-09, 07:01 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Generally speaking the only person that dies when someone abuses drugs is the idiot taking them. (drunk driving excluded, which is even dumber than street racing).

But when you're trying to take that BMW and didn't realize there's another car with a family of 4 just over that hill you took at 130 and slammed into and killed, it's another story.

(or the poor guy coming home from work who entered an intersection right before you tore through it around a curve, or the single mom with her kid next to her that just pulled out of a parking lot into the street you're tearing down beyond her vision when she pulled out, or a hundred other situations where people were killed and families destroyed due to some idiot they didn't even know street racing)

Thank YOU! Being a father of 3 kids, this is where I'm coming from! I used to street race like nobody's business, but now I see how dumb it is. How if I were killed by someone my family would lose everything, or be battling the insurance companies for years. The the person that hit me would get away with a few days in jail, the next week their parents would buy them an even faster car.
So go take some drugs and kill yourself, leave my family out of it!

Quick Reply: how fast is IS350 really?