GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-04, 04:07 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

I definitely will post some pics after install. Now the problem is that I am waiting for my GX, it should be here either today or tomorrow :-) Just can not wait. Hopefully that I will post the pics by this weekend.
Old 02-06-04, 03:01 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just left a message. They were supposed to call me when the new bulbs came in but I guess never did. For investing money in their bank for over a year, you think a 20cent phone call letting me know wouldn't have been too much to ask.
Old 02-14-04, 08:53 AM
hzhao
Racer

I finally got some time to get them installed since I was out of town for a week. Here are some pictures to share. Couple of things that I enconter: a) This kit was missing the right connetors, I had to use some tapes for now, they supposed to send me some connectors, but have not see it yet; b) the xenon bulb base is very deligate, so, be care for during the install. Other than that, everything went fine.
Attached Thumbnails Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost-lexus-01.jpg  
Old 02-14-04, 08:57 AM
hzhao
Racer

more photos.
Attached Thumbnails Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost-lexus-04.jpg  
Old 02-14-04, 09:00 AM
hzhao
Racer

Closer photo.....
Attached Thumbnails Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost-lexus-02.jpg  
Old 02-14-04, 09:01 AM
hzhao
Racer

....othr side....
Attached Thumbnails Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost-lexus-03.jpg  
Old 02-14-04, 09:02 AM
hzhao
Racer

Left side insider.....
Attached Thumbnails Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost-lexus-05.jpg  
Old 02-14-04, 09:03 AM
hzhao
Racer

right side inside.....
Attached Thumbnails Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost-lexus-06.jpg  
Old 02-16-04, 03:00 AM
proxenon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H11 Issues

Originally posted by hzhao
right side inside.....
My Name is Alex Hopkin, who is in charge of sales department for Proxenon.com.

One of our customer ask us to browse this forum, and help many people with their H11 issues.

Regarding about this H11 issues, both Joe and I had tried our best to resolve with Bohmen Manufacture for almost 6 weeks now. Finally, the Fixed or Corrected H11 retrofit 6500K bulb are in stock now!

Who ever have purchased previous bad or incorrect size bulb from us, please contact Joe or Alex righ away for exchange. The replacement bulb stock is very limited, up to now, we only have 8 pair correct H11 in stock.

Our Number is
Toll Free: 866-776-4437
Office: 626-331-6320

Sorry for all those lack of responses. we are trying our best to impove our services, as moving to a large ficility and upgrade better phone systems. Also We are currently redesign the brand new website, with more Catagories and Items. (Etc..New German Hella's X5 series HID system will first appear in the market...)

P.S. Also, 5000K H11 bulb will be in stock in next 2 week. Please call us for ordering information.

Any further questions, please contact us Mon-Fri (9am-6pm PST)

Thank you all!!!
Old 02-16-04, 06:28 PM
lyxxsx1
Driver

Originally posted by looknow12
I just left a message. They were supposed to call me when the new bulbs came in but I guess never did. For investing money in their bank for over a year, you think a 20cent phone call letting me know wouldn't have been too much to ask.
Hello Looknow12,

Looks like Proxenon is trying to salvage their reputation in here. Have they taken care your problems? I am also in the market for the HID kit, and wonder if I should take my chance with them?

Thanks in advacne,
Old 02-17-04, 06:05 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by lyxxsx1
Hello Looknow12,

Looks like Proxenon is trying to salvage their reputation in here. Have they taken care your problems? I am also in the market for the HID kit, and wonder if I should take my chance with them?

Thanks in advacne,
They are sending me new bulbs and a call tag to send back the old ones. So far they have been quite courteous and I am hoping the new bulbs will work has expected.
Old 02-18-04, 04:52 PM
lexusnc
Driver

I am in the same boat as Looknow12, Alex said that my new correct bulbs should be in by Friday of this week via Fedex 2nd day air with a call tag to return the defective bulbs. We will wait and see what actually hapens. Reguardless, proxenon says we are just out of luck with the connectors that are suposed to plug into you wireing harness with no modification. You have to plug the blades at the end of the wires directly into the harness and use tape or hot glue or something like it to secure the connection. I will let all know about what showes up in the mail by Friday.
Old 02-18-04, 06:37 PM
hzhao
Racer

I had to used tape (see my previously posted pictures) since there was no connector within the kit. But I have been told they have the connector and supposed to ship them to me. I have not received yet.
Old 02-23-04, 12:08 PM
lexusnc
Driver

Well here is the next chapter in the Proxenon saga. Now they say that they did have the new H11 in stock last week, but they failed the in house quality control check so they shipped them back to the manufacturer. They are expecting in the new shippment tomorow, and I should have the new bulbs by the end of the week, again. This is the fourth time they told me I should have the bulbs by the end of the week. I am by nature a patient person but this is getting crazy. Would you think me pesemistic if I said I might be getting the run around? So again I say I will let all know when, or more exactly IF I ever get the correct bulbs in. I wonder if anyone has had a positive experience with Proxenon?
Old 02-23-04, 04:03 PM
hzhao
Racer

As far as the sales part of experiences that I had with them, I have to say that has been good with me so far. But the kit I received, deos have some quality issues. For instance, one of the bulb base came lose during the install. Now, after several times of email try to have them replace my bulb, I just getting no where so far. My action to dissatified service: Call the credit card company and dispute the payments on grounds of poor services and unable to resolve the damage/defect goods. I have been leaving more then 10 voice mails and 3 to 4 emails on the issue. Let's see what happens next.

Quick Reply: Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost