Sponsored by:

Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help! *Did Search*

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-04, 01:45 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help! *Did Search*

First off, this is for a 93 SC300 with the factory Pioneer stereo and could anyone tell me which 2 out of the 4 radio harness do i use? Also, for those people that had bought a radio adaptor harness from a 87+ toyota, could you tell me if you had any problems or had to rewire the harness? I was looking at the harness and stock clips, none of the color wires matches and there's extra ones on the adaptor harness. If could someone point me to the right direction to a 93 SC300 Pioneer radio wiring diagram, that would be great, i have this link that i found in the "search", but it's a little blurry and i cant make out the names... http://carstereohelp.net/wireharness_Lexus1.htm

Well here are the pics, please let me know which ones i will need to use and im trying to make sure i bought the right harness...
Attached Thumbnails Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help!  *Did Search*-scradio.jpg  

Last edited by TrboDANDEE; 02-16-04 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-15-04, 01:47 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

87+ toyota adaptor harness, are they plugged to the right clips?
Attached Thumbnails Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help!  *Did Search*-scradio-2.jpg  
Old 02-15-04, 01:48 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

back of the stock Pioneer Radio and here are where the adaptor harness plugs in to....
Attached Thumbnails Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help!  *Did Search*-scradio-3.jpg  

Last edited by TrboDANDEE; 02-16-04 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-16-04, 05:02 PM
X42
Driver School Candidate

The image on that link is not really blurry. It's just a very big image so if you expand your browser, you will see more details. Or you can save the image on your drive then use an image viewer.

Check out this link http://www.intellexual.net/faq/lexusstereo.swf
Old 02-17-04, 01:19 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

so im assuming those 2 plugs that are circled arent the right plugs? can anyone confirm this? Before i start hacking up my wire harness...

Last edited by TrboDANDEE; 02-17-04 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-17-04, 08:19 PM
rossman66
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont remember which 2 of the 4 plugs i used. But to mee it looks like the blue plug you are using is for the sub and mute function? So i dont think thats the correct plug. But again i dont quite remember, as it has been a while since i installed my radio. I do know however, that none of the wite colors will match. Lexus/toyota doesnt use standard wire colors like all aftermarket radios. Just FYI.

Mark
Old 02-17-04, 09:24 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

damn, i wonder which toyota adaptor harness that everyone's talking about then? can someone that has used the adaptor harness succesfully help me out? i dont feel like hacking up my factory harness, plus i dont even know which plug it is!
Old 02-18-04, 01:44 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, the middle connector on the bottom of your factory radio....you're right not to be using that one, it goes to the CD changer...

But, the one on the top, the connecter that goes in there runs to all of the speakers, so if you aren't connecting into that one that's one problem.

The blue one has something to do with "ac control switch and radio switch." I don't think you need that one but I'm not 100% sure.

I just downloaded the wiring diagram and I'm looking at it right now.
Old 02-18-04, 05:00 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

Originally posted by Pianoman72
Hey man, the middle connector on the bottom of your factory radio....you're right not to be using that one, it goes to the CD changer...

But, the one on the top, the connecter that goes in there runs to all of the speakers, so if you aren't connecting into that one that's one problem.

The blue one has something to do with "ac control switch and radio switch." I don't think you need that one but I'm not 100% sure.

I just downloaded the wiring diagram and I'm looking at it right now.
thank you for your help man, where did u DL the diagram, intellectual or carstereohelp? so let me get this straight, the clips goes like this....
Attached Thumbnails Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help!  *Did Search*-scradio-3-2.jpg  
Old 02-18-04, 08:15 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Looks like socket b, which only uses 6 pins. vol. c + and -, signal gnd, volume +. Socket a has alot of the signals you need a1-a15. You might have to do a hack job.

Last edited by Carbon J; 02-18-04 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-18-04, 08:30 PM
TrboDANDEE
Driver

damn, so which toyota harness is everyone talking about that will plug right in? im guessing the harness is for socket A?
Old 02-18-04, 09:38 PM
X42
Driver School Candidate

Maybe this will work.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...6&cat=0&page=2
Old 02-19-04, 12:51 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Ok this is way more confusing that the one in my GS. Damn.

Yeah I got the diag from intelluxual.net I think. Hold on I am going to print this thing and make some notes on there and probably scan it back in and post it here.
Old 02-19-04, 01:27 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Default Connecter C

Everthing except ANT, ACC, and MEMORY go straight to the factory amp. The ones that aren't labeled must not do anything because there is nothing on the diagram to suggest otherwise.

This is the one up top on your radio.
Attached Thumbnails Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help!  *Did Search*-connecterc.jpg  
Old 02-19-04, 01:38 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Default Connecter A

This is the one you labeled ???? in your pic. Rightfully so. Some random stuff on here - going mostly to the woofer amp.

You've got the woofer signal and you have ANTA and ANTB. They have something to do with how Lexus antennas go up and down depending on the frequency on the radio staion you are listening to. If you ignore ANTA & B there is a good chance your antenna will not go up at all. Somebody figured this out in the past so I suggest you do a little search on that.
Attached Thumbnails Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help!  *Did Search*-connectera.jpg  

Last edited by Pianoman72; 02-19-04 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Trying to Install AfterMarket Radio... Wiring Help! *Did Search*