Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

07 Camry features and specifications

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-06 | 10:08 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Default 07 Camry features and specifications

This is what is expected in the new model. Its the canadian model, so somethings will be off. The car will be officially unveiled at the end of this week in Detroit.

Engine:
2.4 litre DOHC VVT-i, ULEV II, hood strut
158hp, 161lb-ft

3.5 litre V6 DOHC VVT-i (doesn't say dual), Variable Induction System, ULEV II, hood strut
268hp, 248lb-ft

VSC standard on SE V6 and XLE V6, optional on LE V6

5M on SE, opt. 5A. 5A standard on LE
6MM standard on all V6 models(that means 6 speed auto with sequential shift)
ABS, EBD, BA and 4-wheel disc brakes are standard.
P215/60R16 on LE/XLE models
P215/55R17 on SE models

FE:
V6 city/hwy L/100km (Imp. mpg)
10.7/7.0 (26/40)

4 cylinder auto
9.8/6.5 (29/43)

4 cylinder manual
9.6/6.4 (29/44)

Key standard features on all models:
Dual front knee airbags, side airbags, side curtain airbags, dual front airbags, engine immobiliser, auto headlights, CD/MP3/WMA, AUX Input, 6 speakers, steering wheel mounted audio controls (JBL with 8 speakers, 6-CD Changer, Bluetooth connectivity and diversity antenna on XLE V6), tilt/tele steering wheel.

Standard extras on XLE V6:
Dual-Zone auto climate control, plasma cluster, power heated front seats, rear sunshade, smart key system, push button start, bluetooth, auto dimming mirror w/compass, foglights, and reclining rear seats

Standard extras on SE models:
Front sport seats, sport design scuff plates, aluminium sport pedals, 17" alloys, sport style grille, side skirts, rear spoiler, chrome tail pipe, foglights

LE Pkg "B" - Alloys, wheel locks, auto dimming mirror w/compass, mudguards, power driver's seat, dual illuminated vanity mirrors
LE Pkg "C" - B + Power moonroof, integrated garage door opener

SE Pkg "B" - power passenger seat, leather seat surfaces, heated front seats, power moonroof, Homelink, dual illuminated vanity mirrors, auto dimming mirror w/compass

LE V6 Pkg "B" - VSC, auto dimming mirror w/compass, dual illuminated vanity mirrors, power moonroof, Homelink

SE V6 Pkg "B" -JBL Audio, 6-CD Changer, power passenger seat, leather seat surfaces, heated front seats, power moonroof, theft-deterrent system

Colours (as per chart) are as follows

Alpine White, Titanium Silver, Magnetic Grey Metallic, Black, Barcelona Red Metallic, Frosted Mink Pearl, Aloe Green Metallic, Blue Ribbon Metallic
Old 01-02-06 | 10:31 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

are those gas mileage estimates in gallons?
Old 01-02-06 | 10:33 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Imperial gallons, not US gallons . . .
Old 01-02-06 | 10:51 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks. I wonder if the Avalon's gonna get the 6-speed auto as well, now that even the Camry gets it.

BTW, here's the mileage converted to U.S gallons. 22/34 is awesome for a V6 midsize!

V6 city/hwy L/100km (U.S mpg)
10.7/7.0 (22/34)

4 cylinder auto
9.8/6.5 (24/36)

4 cylinder manual
9.6/6.4 (25/37)

Also, I wonder what that "plasma cluster" available on the XLE V6 is... Sure sounds cool..

Last edited by XeroK00L; 01-02-06 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-02-06 | 11:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

yeah, 22/34 is pretty darn good for a v6!!!

and damn, it's really funny when the car is most likely going to be a lot more luxurious and has more features than my gs400
Old 01-02-06 | 11:41 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

The HP rating gives a lot more credibility to the GS and RX getting an engine upgrade very soon. We all know the GS/RX350s are coming, but it seemed like many questioned exactly when. If the camry gets this upgraded engine, it only makes sense that the 07 models of the GS and RX will have them as well. At least I hope so. This also makes you wonder if the IS300 really will be coming out next year as well to replace the IS250. It would be kind of tough to know the V6 Camry would have that much more power over an IS250.
Old 01-03-06 | 12:25 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Just to add, it has a flat rear floor just like the Avalon, so even better room and comfort in the rear.
Old 01-03-06 | 05:25 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

really sucks to be competition. Cant wait to hear the pricing - all of our new models so far have had only small increases in base price ($200 for Rav4) but if you check standard equipment vs old, all of them got actually cheaper pricing.

They will sell crazy amounts of new Camry's...
Old 01-03-06 | 06:42 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Good. All airbags standard and push button on XLE. But it looks like power driver seat is no longer standard on the LE 4 cylinder, which would have been nice.

The Avalon is 26/39 Canadian and 22/31 in the US, so it looks like the 2007 V6 Camry will be 22/31 or 22/32 in the US.

Fuel economy for the 2006 Camry 4 cylinder is 28/44 Canadian and 24/34 US, so that would mean the 2007 Camry 4 cylinder auto will be 24/33 in the US.

So... nothing really special about the bread and butter LE 4 cyl. in terms of power, mpg, and features compared to the competition (except the knee airbags), while the V6 XLE is sounding more and more like a Lexus.

Last edited by jrock65; 01-03-06 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-03-06 | 06:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jrock65
Good. All airbags standard and push button on XLE. But it looks like power driver seat is no longer standard on the LE 4 cylinder, which would have been nice.

The Avalon is 26/39 Canadian and 22/31 in the US, so it looks like the 2007 V6 Camry will be 22/31 or 22/32 in the US.

Fuel economy for the 2006 Camry 4 cylinder is 28/44 Canadian and 24/34 US, so that would mean the 2007 Camry 4 cylinder auto will be 24/33 in the US.

So... nothing really special about the bread and butter LE 4 cyl. in terms of power, mpg, and features compared to the competition (except the knee airbags), while the V6 XLE is sounding more and more like a Lexus.
5 speed auto, standard steering wheel controls, tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustiment, plus dual knee airbags, not bad for an difference actually.

Then SE and XLE V6 models with 6 speed auto, and lots of lots of features, some not available in competition.

All wrapped in a lot more attractive package than before...
Old 01-03-06 | 07:57 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
5 speed auto, standard steering wheel controls, tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustiment, plus dual knee airbags, not bad for an difference actually.
5 speed auto and tilt/telescope wheel are standard on the Accord LX. Steering wheel controls are standard on the Sonata GL.

Power is slightly lower than the competitors, and the 5 speed auto doesn't really seem to give it mpg advantage over the Sonata 4 speed auto. And unlike the Sonata, stability control is not standard.

Other than the knee airbags, not much of a difference.

The XLE V6, on the other hand, is another story. It looks a step above the competition.
Old 01-03-06 | 10:07 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Don't forget flat rear floor (standard on all Camrys) and reclining rear seats on the XLE V6.

Also it's not fair to compare the Canadian mileage figures like that; Canada uses Imperial gallons, and one Imp. gallon is 4.54 litres, as opposed to a US gallon which is about 3.78 litres. Furthermore there are differences in testing procedures between the Ministry of Transportation in Canada and the EPA in the US. As hard as it is to believe, some say the Canadian testing procedures are even less accurate than the EPA testing.

22/31 will be the very minimum EPA rating the V6 Camry would receive, but likely could be at 22/32 or higher as it's probably lighter than the Avalon, and will have a 6 speed manumatic. The V6 Camry is seriously poised to have best in class V6 economy, better than the Malibu possibly. That's also not mentioning the obvious fact of best in class power.

Rav 4 V6 2WD was initially estimated to have 20/28 EPA mileage, but turned out having 22/29.

Lastly, do not forget this is Canadian model specs, so US specs could be slightly different. For example, Yaris in Canada does not offer side airbags, while in the US side airbags will be optional.

Also, I believe the I4 Camry will have the same power as the I4 in the Rav, which has 166HP and 165 lb-ft torque.

Even if mileage for I4 does not change, it will still be about the same as a Sonata, and the Accord would only beat it in manual mileage. Honestly though, who even buys manual base model family sedans anymore?
Old 01-03-06 | 10:39 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

To add, while the Sonata may have standard VSC on all models, the Camry I4 has a 5 speed auto as opposed to 4 speed. Camry also has standard knee airbags, not to mention standard ABS with EBD and BA on all models.

Accord does not have CD/MP3/WMA, AUX Input, and steering wheel audio controls are not on the lowest model Accord. Also EBD is not standard on Accord, and BA is only available starting at the LX V6 trim.

As for the Sonata, base model only offers tilt (not telescoping wheel), and only has ABS. EBD and BA are not standard. Telescoping steering wheel is only offered on the highest trim LX! EBD and BA are not even available on the Sonata. Ditto for the knee airbags as well.
Old 01-03-06 | 11:21 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
To add, while the Sonata may have standard VSC on all models, the Camry I4 has a 5 speed auto as opposed to 4 speed. Camry also has standard knee airbags, not to mention standard ABS with EBD and BA on all models.

Accord does not have CD/MP3/WMA, AUX Input, and steering wheel audio controls are not on the lowest model Accord. Also EBD is not standard on Accord, and BA is only available starting at the LX V6 trim.

As for the Sonata, base model only offers tilt (not telescoping wheel), and only has ABS. EBD and BA are not standard. Telescoping steering wheel is only offered on the highest trim LX! EBD and BA are not even available on the Sonata. Ditto for the knee airbags as well.
I was talking about options that no other competitors offer in the standard in the LE/LX/GLS class. For the Camry, it seems to be the knee airbags and as you just mentioned, EBD. I'm personally interested in this comparison because I'm going to buy my mom a $20,000 car in a few months.

The 2007 Camry LE, Accord LX and Sonata GLS are what I'm looking at right now. The Accord LX might be out if only because it is near the end of its model run, and I don't like to buy old models.

Camry LE 4 cyl.:

Knee airbags
EBD
BA
Telescopic wheel
It's a Toyota

Sonata GLS 4 cyl.:

Alloy rims
Trip computer
Heated mirrors
Wood trim
Leather wheel and shifter
Better warranty
Stability control
Traction control
Fog lights

I don't really see the benefit of a 5 speed v. 4 speed if it doesn't give me better mpg.

Hm, decisions, decisions...

One thing for sure though, in the $30,000 loaded midsize class, the XLE V6 seems to be the car to get.

Last edited by jrock65; 01-03-06 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-03-06 | 11:41 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I was talking about options that no other competitors offer in the standard in the LE/LX/GLS class. For the Camry, it seems to be the knee airbags and as you just mentioned, EBD. I'm personally interested in this comparison because I'm going to buy my mom a $20,000 car in a few months.

The 2007 Camry LE, Accord LX and Sonata GLS are what I'm looking at right now. The Accord LX might be out if only because it is near the end of its model run, and I don't like to buy old models.

Camry LE 4 cyl.:

Knee airbags
EBD
Telescopic wheel
It's a Toyota

Sonata GLS 4 cyl.:

Alloy rims
Auto on/off headlights
Trip computer
Heated mirrors
Wood trim
Leather wheel and shifter
Better warranty
Stability control
Traction control
Fog lights

I don't really see the benefit of a 5 speed v. 4 speed if it doesn't give me better mpg.

Hm, decisions, decisions...

One thing for sure though, in the $30,000 loaded midsize class, the XLE V6 seems to be the car to get.
The way I understand the original post, you can also add BA onto the list of standard features for the Camry LE, not to mention auto headlights as well.

We don't know what mileage will be for the Camry LE until we see the EPA figures, and Canadian figures aren't an exactly accurate prediction.

Quick Reply: 07 Camry features and specifications