IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Picked up a Ultrasonic Blue Mica w/black leather and blue stitching 02-15-08

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-08, 01:32 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Picked up a Ultrasonic Blue Mica w/black leather and blue stitching 02-15-08

First of all, I would like to thank Joe Z and Gloria from South Bay Lexus for giving me the opportunity to own this fine tuned machine. Joe Z saw my interest in the car and asked me if I was serious enough to get it. I said HELL YEAH! So then Gloria calls me to tell me that she has an ultrasonic blue mica with black leather interior sitting at the Long Beach Port. So she sends over all the documents like a week ago, and I was comtemplating on how I would pay for this monster! (lease, finance, or pay in full) I weighed the options that lease was not worth it for me because the down payments were 8k at least plus $900 a month, while finance was at 6% for 5 years (which would end up being 5k extra)...so I decided to pay in full for the amount of $67,068.15. heh...So I went on Friday (02-15-08) at 12pm to pick up the car, but the car still needed prep so it was basically done around 2pm. Then I "raced" to Aerotect to put on a full hood, full bumper, full panel, fog lights, headlights, trunk, and navi clear bra. Arrived there around 5pm due to the insane traffic everywhere. Didn't manage to leave Aerotect until 10pm.... So basically was tired and I still have to go back to Aerotect because they need to redo the hood...lol...since I was the first IS-F they did, they had to test for different ways to make the clear bra work for my car. Well enough about my day...on to the pics! oh and here is a link to my friends post on E90post.com because he came with me to pick up my car with his 335i coupe with procede chip version 2 and some new set of light weight iforged rims. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114436 (Oh the bmw posters are baggin on my car, but I don't mind...haha...just happy that I got a looker! lol )

Old 02-17-08, 01:33 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Old 02-17-08, 04:25 AM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on the new car! It's great to hear the responses from the BMW posters as it ranges from great to nice to oh hum to downright pathetic.

Nice pics too, so how much is your clear bra packaging costing you? I'm going to do the same thing, except without the full hood and panel (just partial).
Old 02-17-08, 06:44 AM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car... congrats...

Just read the BMW thread and i really Can't believe BMW guys are bashing lexus interior... BMW has the ugliest interior and was the deal breaker for me when i was checking out the 3 series when i bought the IS
Old 02-17-08, 06:59 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats...love that color so much! enjoy it and drive safe!

I dealt with Jimmy in parts from South Bay Lexus back in 2003 when I bought my L-tuned bodykit that I had shipped to the east coast!!

wow, had to mention too, that shop at your dealership looks just like our brand new one that is opening in 1 week!

Old 02-17-08, 08:15 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. She looks absolutely beautiful. I just finished reading over the posts in E90 and man, the only thing they seem fixated on is the fake exhaust tips and the the interior is ugly (??!!). Frankly I was considering getting a 335i or 135i but I'm instead going to go with a IS-F because not only do I feel the interior is much nicer, but also the overall reliability of the IS-F is going to be hands down better than the BMW. So the way I see it, they can keep talk about the IS-F's fake exhaust tips, and while their cars are at the dealership getting a overheating issues figured out or in limp mode going up a hill due to their oil temps going through the roof, you'll be enjoying your new IS-F!!...Darshana S...

Darshana S...
Stable Includes:
1997 Toyota Supra TT BPU+++ (Mine)
1998 RMM Lexus GS400 (Mom's)
1995 Toyota Supra TT BPU+ (Bro's)
2000 TRD Supercharged Toyota 4Runner
2003 Toyota Toyota 4Runner 4x4
Old 02-17-08, 08:23 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Very nice. My favorite color. Congratulations!!

I'll be looking forward to the video against your friends tuned 335i.
Old 02-17-08, 08:27 AM
sclx
Rookie

Congrats! Make sure to read the manual! Break in is 621 miles, not 1000. I already severly dusted off an M3 (not the new one...yet), but that was expected since they were a close race for my IS350.

Desi
Old 02-17-08, 09:02 AM
LexFather

Thanks for sharing the pics!! Great story, your bud in the 335 seems like a cool dude too and he has a nice car.

I cannot believe the comments some said on the BMW forum. How can ANY e90 owner say the IS interior looks bad/cheap. Have they SAT in their cars with their eyes open or do they drive blindfolded?? Uneducated hypocrits, the M3 interior changed even LESS than the IS to IS-F interior and is LAUGHABLE for its price.

You cannot even take people like that serious, may God bless their souls and PLEASE let them not be able to reproduce.
Old 02-17-08, 10:15 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

heh thanks for the complements! I should be going to that President's Day meet at the OC today at around 1:00pm? If any people are going, you can go ahead and meet up with me to take a look at the car...
Old 02-17-08, 10:18 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Originally Posted by Fa-suto
Congratulations on the new car! It's great to hear the responses from the BMW posters as it ranges from great to nice to oh hum to downright pathetic.

Nice pics too, so how much is your clear bra packaging costing you? I'm going to do the same thing, except without the full hood and panel (just partial).
well the clear bra cost me 1100k, Fransico charged me the same as the regular IS350 that came in earlier today to do the exact same thing. (full hood, full bumper, full panels, trunk, navi, side mirrors, and fogs) But man...the IS-F is a lot harder cuz it's new? lol...he found the bump in the front a pain to put on the clear bra, that is why I am going back on wednesday...
Old 02-17-08, 10:20 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks for sharing the pics!! Great story, your bud in the 335 seems like a cool dude too and he has a nice car.

I cannot believe the comments some said on the BMW forum. How can ANY e90 owner say the IS interior looks bad/cheap. Have they SAT in their cars with their eyes open or do they drive blindfolded?? Uneducated hypocrits, the M3 interior changed even LESS than the IS to IS-F interior and is LAUGHABLE for its price.

You cannot even take people like that serious, may God bless their souls and PLEASE let them not be able to reproduce.
haha my bud used to own a IS300 when it first came out...2000?....He used to frequent the IS300.net forums and has met up with a couple of people that are probalby on this forum...like Joe Z? haha His name is Thomas, so maybe you guys know him from the past. But we should have videos soon for the IS-F vs. the 335i (procede v.2)
Old 02-17-08, 10:47 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Can't believe BMW guys still think this is a Camry with a V8.

I guess these comments will never end.
Old 02-17-08, 12:44 PM
photomaker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful color combo. Ur a lucky bastard!

Still waiting for mine....
Old 02-17-08, 08:00 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 589 Likes on 407 Posts

Your car looked great today! Thanks for coming out to the meet so we could all gawk at it

Quick Reply: Picked up a Ultrasonic Blue Mica w/black leather and blue stitching 02-15-08