2009 IS facelift (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-08, 08:18 PM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
still has the amber tails
I was hoping not to need the red outs anymore but then r-vinyl and aerotect has to make a new set for the amber 09 tail lights
Old 08-13-08, 08:31 PM
SplyTek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the changes, nothing too crazy, just enough to differentiate it from one model year to another.

Since I ordered an '09, I'm kinda anxious to see some better pics of the whole car together.
Old 08-14-08, 12:41 AM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

This pics are so ambiguous and lacking of detail clarity... makes me question their authenticity.

But,

My thoughts:

1. The new front bumper: Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks okay. Old one, new one... I don't prefer one over the other.

2. The new front grill: Not much of a change, is it? In fact, this definitely looks Photochopped to me in the pics. But again, it's whatever. I don't prefer it over the old one, or vice-versa.

3. The new center console: One again, it looks totally Photochopped, especially the chrome trim. The flat buttons on the Nav look fine. But the chrome trim? Are you kidding me? SO ugly. What would the chrome be matching, other than the emblem on the steering wheel? It seems so out of place and tacky.

4. The wood-grain steering wheel: Looks totally fake. Anybody with a day's experience with Photoshop could make that. But even if it isn't fake, it's ugly as sin. The ISx is supposed to be a sport sedan. The wood grain makes it look like it's trying too hard to be something it's not. Very tacky. I would atually be embarrassed if I had it in my car.

5. The new wood grain color: I prefer the old color better. But I thought I read somewhere that there would be a dark, possibly black wood grain option? My point is that I'd prefer the old/current wood grain color, or a dark/black color, but not that walnut-looking crap in the pictures. It looks nasty.

6. The tail lights: Wow. So, so ugly. Yes, they look like Photochops. But if Lexus, for some ridiculous reason, decided to actually produce that crap, I'd be stunned. As someone already said, it looks like a complete afterthought. In fact, they look like some aftermarket tails you'd buy from a shopping mall kiosk for $150. I'm surprised there aren't chrome accents or something. The current/old tails look JUST FINE, if not perfect as they are. If there would be any change to them, the ISF-inspired cleared turn signal lenses would be about as drastic as sensibly possible without compromising the entire rear's design.

7. Turn signal side mirrors: Looks good. Also, did anyone notice that the mirrors look smaller in the pics? They look to be about the same size as the ISF side mirrors. If they're not Photochopped images, then they are a plus as far as I'm concerned.

Some final comments:

I thought there was supposed to be a redesigned guage cluster? The pics have it looking the exact same. Again, this makes me doubt the authenticity of the pics. But really, what really makes me doubt these pics are legit is the sketchy angles of the photos. Nothing is very clear, particularly the front bumper. It's a tactic Photochoppers use... using pics that have ambiguous angles to hide their inability to fully render a complete photo. But we'll see. You'd think we'd have official pics by now, so maybe these are legit. I'm hoping they're not, though.

Last edited by Reyngel; 08-14-08 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-14-08, 02:35 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-14-08, 02:41 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 160 Likes on 94 Posts

If this is it, it's not half bad. Taillights look a little more subtle in this pic. Rims look interesting, if not a rip from the Audi A5 S-Line. Tailpipes also look thicker and the sideview mirrors are a huge improvement. However, it looks like they lowered the car, which always makes it look better than it really is. Dang, this story is taking forever to undwind!
Old 08-14-08, 03:19 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yaa its not that bad with black
that picture is lowered with gfx kit tho ... that will always make the IS look better
but since i ordered a black 09 ... i guess its acceptable
Old 08-14-08, 04:25 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Vik could you take that front photo and mirror the one side and make it a full picture?
Old 08-14-08, 05:26 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The '09 looks great.
Nice mirrors and wheels etc.
The '09 will look like a 'freshened' IS over previous years.
A plus for a '09 owner.
Old 08-14-08, 06:19 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BounceNY
Hey Vik could you take that front photo and mirror the one side and make it a full picture?
These 2?

Old 08-14-08, 07:11 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation 2009 IS MMC Leaked

Leaked: 2009 Lexus IS Facelift?

The current-generation Lexus IS sedan first went on sale in 2005 and in keeping with the carmaker’s practice of refreshing its models every three to four years the popular sedan is due for a facelift anytime now. A leaked Japanese brochure that’s purported to be the real deal gives us an early look at the design for the updated model, which is expected to make its world debut towards the end of the year.

According to the brochure, the changes will consist of new side mirrors, a revised front grille, new-style 17 and 18in alloys, an expanded color palette, and a new Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) stability control system for the IS250 model. The images, which showed up on the my.IS forum, also reveal that the 2009 IS will receive slightly revised head and taillights, as well as some minor revisions to the interior such as a new steering wheel design.

Lexus is also readying new coupe and cabrio variants of the IS for launch next year. The cars have been sighted in prototype form in the U.S., and more recently trademarks for the names IS250C, IS300C and IS350C have been registered with U.S. and Canadian patent and trademark offices.

Last edited by GS69; 08-14-08 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-14-08, 07:16 AM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

repost

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...367390&page=12
Old 08-14-08, 07:20 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Sorry

I saw the other thread right after I submitted this 1 & I been trying to edit/delete it but the site has been going really really really slow ....
Old 08-14-08, 07:21 AM
andyboy
Lead Lap

That's Japan's version, this could be WAY different than the US version.
Old 08-14-08, 07:40 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VikH
These 2?

Yes, I suck at photoshop, I was wondering if someone could take the front pic, and make a duplicate of it, (reverse/mirror the img) and create a full front pic. Just so we can get a better idea what the front looks like. I hope that makes sense. Thanks.
Old 08-14-08, 07:41 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Boy do I feel relieved....

Quick Reply: 2009 IS facelift (merged threads)