Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

We R DRAGON KILLERS! The Tail of the Dragon Aftermath! Video done, March 1st, pg 9

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-03, 04:34 PM
LexFather

Default We are DRAGON KILLERS! The Tail of the Dragon Aftermath!!

Please post summaries here. We had a BLAST!!! We are Dragon Slayers! Congrats to the vets and the newbs.
Old 08-24-03, 04:38 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

I've created a new meet section in the ClubLexus Gallery for our LexusDragon event to load pictures into!

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...at=571&thumb=1

Remember:
- Please edit out any license plates
- Please ask permission before posting pictures of other members (the people) via PM or email

Thanks to all who came for making this a very memorable and successful event. Can't wait until the 'Third annual' Dragon run already . I say we set the date in January and put a stake in the ground so others don't schedule on top of us.
Old 08-24-03, 04:41 PM
LexFather

Default Words from DaveGs4

Guys just got home after a slightly shorter drive than the way out . Hope everyone else makes it back safely and without law enforcement interaction.

I've created a new meet gallery for this event to load pictures into. I won't be able to do any until Tuesday at the earliest - got a plane to catch tonight and lots of work to catch up on.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...cat=571&thumb=1

Remember:
- Please edit out any license plates
- Please ask permission before posting pictures of other members (the people) via PM or email

Thanks to all for making this a very memorable and successful event. Can't wait until the 'Third annual' Dragon run already.
Old 08-24-03, 05:29 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It was a great blast and a lot of funs. I hope everybody make a safe trip home. Great to meet all of you, the vets and Hameed with his family, Freelance with his Miami crews, Overcloker from Michigan, John with his SC300 turbo from Frolida. These are just some of the die hard CL members who drove at least 800 miles to join us at the Dragon's. I'm sorry if I forget some of the names in here. After 2,000 turns or something at high speed..., I'm beated.
A big to Hameed, his wife and 2 young boys for joined us with 9 hours of driving on Thrusday and a long 12 hours on Friday. Finally, his family and Overcloker(from Michigan, 800 miles from the Dragon's) can joined us at midnight on Friday.
Another big to Freelance and his Miami's crews to joined with the Atl's crews at the meet spot right on time.
We got 20 cars at the Dragon's. Including, Carrera S4, M coupe, M3, NSX, 3 IS, 2 SC, 1 Supra, 1 RX and 9 GS's.
Special thanks to Dave, Daddy-o, Dex , 1Sick,Hameed( for the website) and Cdawg. Cdawg, you need to be a tour guide, man, you did a good job.
A big thanks for Ethan, Todd at TM engieering, Lexusparts.com, Hennessy Lexus and Steve Ganz.
Old 08-24-03, 08:53 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just spent a little time uploading about 5 pages worth of pics Mr. Pimp Daddy Mike took with my camera.

I appologize to everyone but I forgot to ask for permission before posting them, but I was just amazed I got it to load up all by myself. If anyone wants, I can erase any picture you don't want there. (I tried to keep all the nudy ones out!!!)

We had tons of fun. My car was totally different and therefore a total pleasure to push hard this time. I ran the dragon a total of 3 times. I still wanted atleast 1 more. Probably will always say that no matter how many times I go. Running it with a modded suspension is so much fun.

I want to be repeat the props to the "Iron Butt" people that came. Hameed and his beautiful family: Came down from Canada. CANADA, folks! That's a long way. The little ones hung in there like champs, even thru the Dragon. Wolf: Another long way from Michigan. Good job in just showing up, let alone running the Dragon 3 times. Freelance & the Fla. boys: Another long way to come to race hell. Awesome car. Even the stock IS that came hung like champ. Props to all the long rangers.

The organizers: Dave, Mike, Bit, Scott, and Hameed for building the site. Great job as always.

Sponsors: A ton of prizes. Big prizes too. (I won a new set of Daizen Sways). Great support.

Finally all the attendees in general. Great bunch. Had fun making my heart pound harder and putting finger grooves on the steering wheel.

The one's that missed this: What the hell were you thinking???? Next year you'll understand.....
Old 08-25-03, 06:39 AM
FREELANCE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I just got to the office and I must say my *** is still numb from those 13 hours of driving. But good God was the dragon AMAZING. I still have lingering effects of my adrenaline that was flowing soooo freely when we were running the dragon. But it wasn't just the dragon that was amazing, it was also the streets on the way to the dragon as well, and after the dragon for that matter.

But what made the trip so grand was all the really cool ppl that showed up for this amazing event. Not to mention the steal butt drivers that came from further distances than Josh and I. Mad props to you guys and girls.

And an even bigger to the passenger in the Carrera 4S, she hung on and stuck w/ it, and that says a lot right there, as a matter of fact I have to give a to all passangers that were brave enough to ride in the car while everyone was pushing the limits of their car, that takes some serious ***** to ride shotgun.

A HUGE thanks to all of those who put on this event, I can't thank you enough. This is one event that I will make an annual appearence to, yes it was that good.

I am going to create a video of all the great footage everyone got, if you could please PM me and I can work out a way for ppl to get me the images/video, so I can start putting it together. I can have you mail me a copy of the tape or if you want I can provide you w/ my FTP info and you can upload it straight to my server.

Once again, it was really great meeting all of you and I soo look forward to next year.

BTW Chris, I need my Mischeif Destroy DVD back
Old 08-25-03, 07:13 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally posted by FREELANCE
BTW Chris, I need my Mischeif Destroy DVD back
I have the case (without the main DVD in it, but it does have a spiderman one in there). Chris, let me know what you want to do.
Old 08-25-03, 10:30 AM
cdawg
Rookie

How did you end up with the case?

Randy, just PM or e-mail me (chrisshaw1@yahoo.com) your address and I'll ship it down to you. I meant to give it to you when we stopped to get on GA400 and forgot. Hope the rest of the trip down was uneventful.

Also, include in the e-mail where you want the video, I have about 3GB of raw video from the camera.
Old 08-25-03, 10:48 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

Simply put, I've never had this much fun in a car and most definitely made my personal 'Top 5 Best Experiences Of All Time' list!

Thanks to Dave, Scott, and Hameed (and others not mentioned) for organizing and hosting the website for this event.

I'll list a few impressionable moments from this event:

1. Hameed's hardcore journey with wife and kids from Canada. Someone said he had a beautiful wife but I never looked.
2. Turbo IS - another hardcore journey and a passenger with much faith. What a rocket
3. Hardcore passenger award goes to Lynne in the Porshce - that had to hurt, 'nuff said.
4. The NSX and I blast past the hotel Friday night for an extra 40 miles of fun.
5. Following DaveGS4, Kaygee, with Mumbles behind me on the last portion of the HOT HOT drive Saturday...wondering how we made it through those corners that fast.
6. The handling performance of my car. This is a first time driving experience (of that nature) for me in any make/model of vehicle. I was surprised how relatively easy the car was to drive fast, how predictable and stable it felt, and the comparable performance with other GS's that had superior brake and suspension componentry.
7. The cannonball run home Saturday night with the Porsche. It may have taken us 8 hours to get there, but it only took 3 to get back. Yet another jacked-up full size Chevy Tahoe decides to pace us through traffic for dozens of miles.
8. My new OEM Lexus brakes did not warp
9. My Borla exhaust tips were centered perfectly with new hangers but managed to 'slide' close enough to the outer edges of the bumper cover cutouts (on both tips) during hard cornering that they melted the plastic.

One thing is for sure, I'll be back for the next Dragon event
Old 08-25-03, 12:12 PM
FREELANCE
Driver

I FINISHED THE TEASER VIDEO

it is a .WMV file and it is 13.9 mbs.

I just threw this together in a few hours so I hope it comes out good.

anyways here it is: RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE TARGET AS

TAIL OF THE DRAGON TEASER VIDEO
Old 08-25-03, 12:27 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

I FINISHED THE TEASER VIDEO

it is a .WMV file and it is 13.9 mbs.

I just threw this together in a few hours so I hope it comes out good.

anyways here it is: RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE TARGET AS

TAIL OF THE DRAGON TEASER VIDEO
Trying to see it thru media player and it just shows the title. I can hear the music and even the car exhausts, but no video. Whats up with that?
Old 08-25-03, 12:32 PM
FREELANCE
Driver

Ok let me convert it to an mpg format, give me a few minutes.

The reason that is happening is cause I am on a Macintosh not a PC.
Old 08-25-03, 12:33 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

bad a$$ video!!!!! cant wait for the whole thing!!! oh my god my heart was racing just from the freakin video!!! when is the next one!?!?!?! i wanna go i wanna go i wanna go!!!!!!! lol

Last edited by amy011079; 08-25-03 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-25-03, 12:41 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Originally posted by jmecbr900
Trying to see it thru media player and it just shows the title. I can hear the music and even the car exhausts, but no video. Whats up with that?
i can see it fine. nice video. looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Old 08-25-03, 12:45 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Ok let me convert it to an mpg format, give me a few minutes.

The reason that is happening is cause I am on a Macintosh not a PC.
Ok, thanks. I can hear it, but all I see is either the avitar from the meet site or the pic of the Dragon itself from their website. Then it just sits there, but with the music/sounds in the background.

Quick Reply: We R DRAGON KILLERS! The Tail of the Dragon Aftermath! Video done, March 1st, pg 9