SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Vanilla milkshake on my SC430!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-03, 06:13 PM
JerseySC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Vanilla milkshake on my SC430!!!

I was at the Jersey shore this past weekend. I arrived at the beach at around 1400 hours. I left the beach at about 1730 hours only to find someone had thrown a vanilla milkshake on my passenger side window/door + top!!!! I was pissed at first but then I thought it could have been much worse. I guess you can't have anything nice anymore because jealous people who can never ever have what you work so hard for will destroy it! I had a 2nd gen Acura TL before my SC and some **********as stole the HID headlights causing $3,500 damage!!!! What's next?
Old 07-29-03, 06:14 PM
LexPro
Pole Position

SUX, i have always been fearful of someone doing that to me too.
Old 07-30-03, 01:18 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I firmly believe that it sould be legal for a person to kill anyone that messes with their personal property and damages or steals it.

I'm not joking. I had my SC430 stolen last year (it was recovered with no physical damage). My house was also broken into 10 years ago. I have a body bag in my basement that I brought home in 1971. I hope one day to put it to good use if either of these guys decide to come back.........

Sorry this happened to you.
Old 07-31-03, 02:39 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default better a shake

than something much worse such as actual paint or paint stripper.
Old 08-03-03, 01:27 AM
fulmitz
Driver

The TL headlights are a hot item. If you go to the Honda Accord forums people steal them for themselves or steal them to sell as they fit into the Accord for those who want HID lights at a "discount"

Fulmitz

p.s. at least your top was up! I had a bird crap on my S2000 with the top down, talk about messy, all over the red leather!

Last edited by fulmitz; 08-03-03 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-06-03, 02:42 PM
eldiablojo
Driver School Candidate

Default Sucks, but...

Sucks about the milkshake bro, but ummmm, maybe you deserved it?
Heard of Karma right? What goes around comes around?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=92002
I'm not monk or anything, but I firmly believe that we get from others what we give.
I hope things like this don't happen to you in the future, no one should have to tolerate vandalism.

Cheers,

eldiablojoe
Old 09-06-03, 03:05 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Why bring up this old post and try to connect two completely unrelated events?
Old 09-06-03, 07:30 PM
JerseySC
Rookie

Default Re: Sucks, but...

Originally posted by eldiablojo
Sucks about the milkshake bro, but ummmm, maybe you deserved it?
Heard of Karma right? What goes around comes around?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=92002
I'm not monk or anything, but I firmly believe that we get from others what we give.
I hope things like this don't happen to you in the future, no one should have to tolerate vandalism.

Cheers,

eldiablojoe
I don't think I ever vandalized someone's car or threw a milkshake on it, I respect others property. Isn't that what karma is? Something you did will now come back and happen to you? If you are talking about the MBWorld posts: THE TRUTH HURTS, DOESN'T IT?!?
Old 09-06-03, 09:11 PM
eldiablojo
Driver School Candidate

Default Nahhh

Nah, I'm not saying you've done that to someone else before, but I guess that would be the strictest sense of the Karma concept I was trying to convey, albeit poorly.

No, I don't wish what happened to your car on your or anyone else. I don't believe there should be any room for tolerance of vandalism. I miss the days when private property, especially someone else's, was respected.

And no, I don't wish to troll this into a flame war. I was actually just visiting your fine board on a ClubLexus member's invite. The board impresses me as a gathering of civilized and intelligent car afficionados. This board, as I believe are the boards to which I belong, a far cry from the idiots over at blueoval.com where every other thread is "Fords are better than Chevys" or "Dodges suck" or Fords rule, Chevys suck"

I was lurking here and enjoying the thoughful and interesting threads when I saw yours regarding the milkshake incident. And like I tried to say (Sorry if I wasn't clear), I don't think that kind of property damage should happen to anyone, not even you.

I just found it kind of serendipitous that you came over to one my forums trolling a flame war to rub our noses in someone's survery of some car being better than another (I'm sure I can find surveys to support my various vehicle choices as well), got the flames you sought, and then disappeared (usually the accepted common definition of troll-like activity). I found it a bit karma-like that you would come over there, cause problems for us, and then suffer some indignity of your own. That's all I was trying to say.

We're all car buffs. Some of us are detailing freaks, some are not. Some like German cars, some like Japanese cars. Some think Toyotas rule, some prefer Honda/Acuras. Some like BMWs, others Mercedes. Some like sedans, or SUVs, while others prefer coupes. It's not that big a deal to get into a "My model/brand/color/etc. is better than your model/brand/color/etc." type argument. May as well argue whether ranch-style homes are better than contemporary style homes or victorian style homes.

Not that it matters much, but just for the record, prior to my Mercedes Benzes, I owned a series of Hondas, Acuras, and Toyotas. My favorite of the bunch was the Toyota Tundra. And, yes, while I frequent and enjoy many automotive boards, I actually moderate the largest forum on a Toyota board. In fact, I considered a Lexus (for about a second) until my Mrs. rejected the taillight patterns as "ugly." Whether I disagree or not, I have to live with her, so unless I wanted to hear griping and *****ing about how ugly she thinks her car is, I had to rule out Lexus. I don't for a minute regret my Mercedes decision. My car is everything I expected of it, and I'm very pleased. That's not to say I wouldn't be pleased with one of your Lexii. But there's no need for CL members to visit us and flame us.

Anyhow, sorry for taking up so much of your time and bandwidth.

Joe
Old 09-06-03, 09:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

EDJ,

Please enjoy your stay on our forum- you're welcome to hang out and maybe learn a thing or two.

However, please don't ressurrect old posts like this even with the purpose of pointing out 'bad karma'. As much as you give lip service to not trolling both here and on MBWorld - personally doing something like this is certainly borderline offensive. To say you were "lurking here and enjoying the thoughful and interesting threads when I saw yours regarding the milkshake incident" is not quite accurate, is it? Face it, you looked for posts of the member who trolled on MBWorld a while back (sorry about that, we definitely don't condone that kind of childish activity either) and searched for all his posts. You were specifically researching JerseySC, you didn't just 'stumble across' this two month old thread and you joined the forum with the purpose of making a personal attack, even if you did soften it a bit with your second post.

I would ask that you please follow your own advise from your post on MBWorld and not continue this type of activity on ClubLexus.:
However, repeated drive bys as illustrated in the first example are why we are so quick to be on the defensive, as we are in this current thread.

Hope this clears things up. While I don't speak for anyone else, I believe you are very welcome here as an MB owner of not, as is everyone else, as long as posts are not trolling or flames. Even disagreement is welcome, as long as it is intelligent and reasoned.
The same type of welcome applies to you on ClubLexus - auto enthusiasts of all types are welcome here, but please be productive members and follow the forum rules. Please do not join just to troll post (which in fact you just did even if you didn't come here to slam Lexus cars; you went after a person instead). You'll find most of us are quite open minded about Mercedes. I for one am a fan and might consider an E AMG at some point in the future. Mercedes are certainly breaking new territory in performance, if they could just improve the quality and reliability I'd seriously consider one.

Originally posted by JerseySC
...and some **********as stole ....
JerseySC - please do NOT try to work your way around the forum language edits. You aren't exactly coming out smelling clean here yourself with the trolling on the MB site and foul language. Please do not continue to post about either one (your trolling escapades or cursing) in the future or your access will be suspended. Maybe there is such a thing as karma. .

I'm closing this thread because it serves no purpose other than to continue the cross-forum flaming and personal arguments. Best wishes to members on both forums - both makes are great cars, let's appreciate their merits instead of arguing about them. Discussion and disagreements are fine and expected, but let's not make it personal like the discussion here.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-07-03 at 11:04 AM.