IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-05, 09:28 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have IS250 and 350

the IS250 feels lighter than the 350 even though they weigh about the same.

i haven't step hard on both cars yet cuz i'm still breaking them in. but the main thing that i

notice the most is the gear ratio and the throttle response. by stepping on the throttle with

everyday slow driving the 250 feels for sporty than the 350. i haven't full throttle yet so i don't

know what the different between both of them.
Old 12-29-05, 09:33 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaolin
i have IS250 and 350

the IS250 feels lighter than the 350 even though they weigh about the same.

i haven't step hard on both cars yet cuz i'm still breaking them in. but the main thing that i

notice the most is the gear ratio and the throttle response. by stepping on the throttle with

everyday slow driving the 250 feels for sporty than the 350. i haven't full throttle yet so i don't

know what the different between both of them.
You haven't driven an IS 250 AWD yet. (Not that I'm complaining at all).

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 12-29-05, 09:36 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kermee
You haven't driven an IS 250 AWD yet. (Not that I'm complaining at all).

Cheers,
Kermee
ok Kermee... jk

i test drove the awd when i was at the dealer but i can't remember how it feels now.

but since my girl and i have the 250 and 350 we switch around sometime just for fun..
Old 12-29-05, 10:03 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Originally Posted by shaolin
ok Kermee... jk

i test drove the awd when i was at the dealer but i can't remember how it feels now.

but since my girl and i have the 250 and 350 we switch around sometime just for fun..
I'm just teasing 'ya

My IS 250 AWD is a much heavier car than the IS 250/350 RWD's. Trade-off for having AWD and the extra weight. But still, a joy to drive. Plus, I think I would get myself into a LOT of trouble in the 350.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 12-29-05, 10:16 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

I'm just teasing 'ya

My IS 250 AWD is a much heavier car than the IS 250/350 RWD's. Trade-off for having AWD and the extra weight. But still, a joy to drive. Plus, I think I would get myself into a LOT of trouble in the 350.

Cheers,
Kermee
i only get trouble when i'm out on my S2000
Old 12-29-05, 12:03 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 350 is trouble for me. The only time I drive the speed limit or under is when i'm accelerating past the speedlimit.
No tickets yet.
Old 12-29-05, 05:52 PM
stangd1909
Lead Lap

I am not getting the IS 350 for the power, I drove the 250 and didn't like the power it had! So I drove the 350 and it fell pretty good....... My Cobras has over 600RWHP so the Lexus will be for the family and long trips! As for the DVD I wanted to put some TV screens in the headrests for the kids to watch. I was just going to tap them in to the stock DVD player ( if I can).....so when I am driving they can watch. I might just take it to a audio store and have them take care of it for me..

Thanks for everybodys help!
Old 12-29-05, 07:11 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

I second what Bichon said.

It's one-thing to bypass the speed sensor for some of the other features which are disabled when the vehicle is in-motion (e.g. phonebook, Caller ID display, etc.) but to bypass the speed sensor for playing DVD's on a screen which is visible to the driver is highly advised against. But yes, the side-effect of disabling the speed sensor on the NAV to get at other features while the car is in-motion, you'll be able to play DVD's without the car having to be parked assuming you have a vehicle with the Mark Levinson package.

Cheers,
Kermee
in the eyes of the law, bypassing the speed sensor to go through your phonebook is no different than watching a movie, or shaving, eating cereal, reading the paper, etc. It only takes a few seconds to get into an accident.
Old 12-29-05, 08:26 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Originally Posted by jlin101
in the eyes of the law, bypassing the speed sensor to go through your phonebook is no different than watching a movie, or shaving, eating cereal, reading the paper, etc. It only takes a few seconds to get into an accident.
...or talking on a mobile phone. And of course we all know that it only takes a few seconds to get into an accident. I'm sure none of us really obey the speed limit which is against the law too. We're talking about common-sense here. Not laws. That was the purpose of my response to the previous question.

My gripe dealt with the fact that Caller ID does not appear on the NAV screen when the car is in motion. The average driver will now actually have to FUMBLE for the phone and look at the phone's screen to see who's calling rather than simply displaying it on the NAV screen when an incoming call is received.

My points here are:

#1. Yes, you can disable the speed-sensor into the NAV system.
#2. Enabled features as a result of disabling the speed-sensor into the NAV system is at your own risk, physical, legal or otherwise.
#3. Use common-sense if you decide to disable the speed-sensor in the NAV system.
#4. Using the DVD player while the car is in motion is NOT a good primary reason to disable the speed-sensor into NAV system.

I'm sure the fine members of CL know what they are doing when they disable the speed-sensor on the NAV. I know there has been a lot of complaints that the NAV locks out many of the features which European cars with NAV do not (Audi comes instantly to mind). That's why people are looking to disable the speed-sensor.

Cheers,
Kermee