IS300 Short Antenna 4 Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-01, 11:36 PM
Lexus Luthor
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please see the IS300 4 Sale forum for the item.

Genuine toyota part from Japan.

See link

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/peteb...src=ph&.view=t

See for IS300 For Sale forum for more details.

Last edited by Lexus Luthor; 06-30-01 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-20-01, 01:05 AM
N10S1
Driver

Hey Lex, no offense, however that antenna looks exacty like the MDX antenna, which I can order from the Acura dealer for $20.

Also, how is the SRT holding up? Who was your installer guy at Longo? How much for labor? Am debating getting one, after being trounce by a whole bunch of WRX's at the Valencia WRX meet this past weekend.

Are you showing up for the Tustin Marketplace meet on Saturday? If not, can we arrange a time sometime, when I can test drive your ride to see how significant a difference the SRT will make? I will buy you dinner for all your troubles. Thanks.
Old 06-20-01, 01:20 AM
DtEW

N1, the SRT HFI makes a real noticeable difference in acceleration. I had one. If you're bent on increasing power, this is a sure-fire first step. You can also apply it to the being-readied-as-we-speak SRT supercharger, should you desire even more power.

I had one because it also made a noticeable difference in the degree of conspicuous noise.

Old 06-20-01, 02:34 AM
N10S1
Driver

Hey DteW what are you doing up so late? How much is Mo's supercharger gonna cost? I don't want to spend too much money on mods. I really like keeping my rides as close to stock as possible, however after being eaten alive by a bunch of WRX's this past weekend and then having a 02 altima (with manufacturer plates) on the 110 north blow me away, I am thinking, time to go back to the drawing board, I need something more powerful, and lighter weight. How come we never got an aluminum hood? Are you coming down this weekend now that the location has changed to the tustin marketplace?
Old 06-20-01, 08:20 AM
Lexus Luthor
Rookie

Originally posted by N10S1
Hey Lex, no offense, however that antenna looks exacty like the MDX antenna, which I can order from the Acura dealer for $20.

Also, how is the SRT holding up? Who was your installer guy at Longo? How much for labor? Am debating getting one, after being trounce by a whole bunch of WRX's at the Valencia WRX meet this past weekend.

Are you showing up for the Tustin Marketplace meet on Saturday? If not, can we arrange a time sometime, when I can test drive your ride to see how significant a difference the SRT will make? I will buy you dinner for all your troubles. Thanks.
Hey N1,

Well about the antenna, from what I have seen the MDX antenna does not mount up flush w/ the base of the IS antenna completely. Plus I am not sure that the MDX antenna is compatable w/ the IS antenna. The IS antenna is made by a company called Fuba who makes puts them on VW's and Audi's and other german cars. I don't think the MDX antenna is made by Fuba.

Regarding test drive...I am very busy right now at work and my weekends are shot so a test drive would be hard to do. I can tell you that what Dtew is saying is totally true regarding power. Sound wise, it is not bad but you can hear a bit of a growl at low throttle and wide open is when you here it the most. BUT it is not bad. Tust me. I am not sure what MO is charging for it right now. Give him a call. It is well worth the $$$$.
Old 06-20-01, 10:40 AM
eortiz
Rookie

N1, SRT HFI will cost you $625.00 including shipping. Mo has a special deal on it. Not sure if he brought the price back up again to $700+ As I was also told by Mo, the stage 1 supercharger will coast around $4,250 - $4,500. I think he said the stage 1 will give you +75 hp. Don't quote me on that though. Check his web site out www.swiftracing.com and give him a call.
Old 06-20-01, 11:55 AM
N10S1
Driver

Hey Lex, who installed the srt for you? I am a weekend warrior/shadetree type of mechanic and do not trust my abilities to correctly install the intake on the first run. How much does he charge? Anyone else here have it installed at a dealer or mechanic?
Old 06-20-01, 02:27 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

this thread is being moved to the CLassifieds area...
Old 06-20-01, 05:21 PM
Lexus Luthor
Rookie

I got it installed at Longo Lexus in El Monte. Perry Rhoeder installed it for me and did a super job as you saw at the Audi meet. I love the SRT.

Price wise, I got a deal and don't feel comfortable quoting him but should not be too much. Plus they warranty their work.
Old 07-01-01, 12:59 PM
Lexus Luthor
Rookie

Help? Please buy...