For Sell: Turbocharged 2002 IS 300

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-03 | 09:27 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Ethan, since we can't post ebay links, could you please PM me your ebaymotors link????

lol

DD
Old 10-12-03 | 08:33 PM
Static911

Bump.
Old 10-13-03 | 09:31 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by lexusnexus
...you'll be lucky if someone pays you thirty grand for it...........highly unlikely you'll find an extremely unique buyer for a car that has been 'raced' numerous times.....

...let this be a lesson to the people that pour money into...'mods' as the actual value of the car slides ever downward...
Dude, you are absolutely crazy. This car has not been raced numerous times. The car has a new shortblock in it too, so the engine is essentially brand new. This car is in very good shape and is worth every penny. As for the mods making the car worth less money???? What about the Supra's that are heavily modded? People buy those things all day long for well over book value. Nexus, nothing personal, but your comments are off here.
Old 10-13-03 | 12:09 PM
lexusnexus
Pole Position

....I could be wrong, but the proof is in the actual sale of the vehicle, countless times I have seen cars heavily modded, forget trading in at the dealer, and the used car market............who would ever spend $50,000 for car with no warranty....it's not me being crazy, it's simply the used car market.....the car would only be of interest to less than 1% of serious used car market buyers, adn they would be collectors or persons who simply can 'dispose' of fifty grand at whim....

when the car sells, post the honest selling price........again I could be wrong (although unlikely)
Old 10-13-03 | 01:46 PM
Static911

lexusnexus,

You definately have valid points. However, you can say I am sort of the odd ball. I had the cash to spend to buy it, destroy it, fix it, ship it back and forth to and from Texas and 10 other things in a matter of 3 months and less than 1400 miles. During my ownership of the vehicle, I have never held back in terms of spending...that is why some people called me crazy.

I think I am offering a fair price; however, I am open to suggestions. Please do note, this is my first car I ever bought (as used and new), and my first time I am ever selling a car. So, please excuse if I am not an expert at this process.

As for racing it, I think I can find multiple of people who can vouch for my driving style. To sum it up, I drive like a granny. Even when I drove on the highway, I drove on the right side of the freeway doing speed limit or under. I thought I was into speed, until I had a car that could go fast.
Old 10-13-03 | 01:47 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Wxman made a good point. Ethan, you should advertise your car over at Supraforums
Old 10-22-03 | 07:48 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Static911
lexusnexus,

You definately have valid points. However, you can say I am sort of the odd ball. I had the cash to spend to buy it, destroy it, fix it, ship it back and forth to and from Texas and 10 other things in a matter of 3 months and less than 1400 miles. During my ownership of the vehicle, I have never held back in terms of spending...that is why some people called me crazy.

I think I am offering a fair price; however, I am open to suggestions. Please do note, this is my first car I ever bought (as used and new), and my first time I am ever selling a car. So, please excuse if I am not an expert at this process.

As for racing it, I think I can find multiple of people who can vouch for my driving style. To sum it up, I drive like a granny. Even when I drove on the highway, I drove on the right side of the freeway doing speed limit or under. I thought I was into speed, until I had a car that could go fast.
Just how exactly how old are you Ethan?
Old 10-22-03 | 08:28 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

My guess is Ethan's 24....
Old 10-22-03 | 11:20 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

No need to guess his age. His car was the featured car of the month in Sept. Just read his bio on the home page.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-22-03 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-23-03 | 04:32 PM
cjnmel
Driver

Smile

g'luck on selling your car.
Old 10-30-03 | 04:36 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Ethan is just barely 18........heheheeeeee
Old 10-30-03 | 09:42 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RMMGS4
No need to guess his age. His car was the featured car of the month in Sept. Just read his bio on the home page.

What the #$#%#? I'm the same age and all I have is a lousy 93 coupe!
Arghhh......
Old 11-26-03 | 12:38 PM
igakilla
Driver School Candidate

I know this might come off as a lowball but I'll give you 33k for the car(its all i have). I live in Orange County so there won't be any long distance communication. If you're interested at all AIMrohaberdasher email: dirtymxcniga@aol.com phone: 714-482-8407. Either way if you're unable to sell the car in the time you want to drop me an email/IM/call and perhaps we can work something out either way. I know you've put a ton of money into the car but some things(such as $5,000 for shipping) just can't be passed on to the next buyer. Again, sorry if you think I'm lowballing you but its just an honest offer.
Old 02-14-04 | 12:26 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

ethan good for you - that you sold the car
good for my customer/friend - its a nice car
bad for me ---- its broke again & i get to fix it
some cars can be beaten all day everyday &
never break
others are doomed @ the moment of conception
bad genes (you know that kid whos always sick)
Old 02-15-04 | 10:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by supra dr
ethan good for you - that you sold the car
good for my customer/friend - its a nice car
bad for me ---- its broke again & i get to fix it
some cars can be beaten all day everyday &
never break
others are doomed @ the moment of conception
bad genes (you know that kid whos always sick)
oh god, what broke this time? @_@

Quick Reply: For Sell: Turbocharged 2002 IS 300