GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My new Starfire Pearl GS 450h

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-07 | 06:37 AM
Marylander
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new Starfire Pearl GS 450h

Had to buy it out in California to get the active vehicle stabilizer option (other options -- pre-collision radar, XM, nav, lexus link, levinson, etc.). I just love the way this car handles, and I honestly don't miss my Corvette C6 (my only regret is that the GS doesn't have the Vette's heads-up display). Here is a pic taken at our home -- the car doesn't yet have the painted brake calipers, but I have purchased the G2 paint (black) and it won't be long....
Attached Thumbnails My new Starfire Pearl GS 450h-imgp1386.jpg  
Old 08-28-07 | 06:41 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks great
Old 08-28-07 | 06:42 AM
Marylander
Driver School Candidate

Default Second pic

I've only figured out how to attach one picture at a time. Here's one that's a bit closer-up.

I might add that the California dealer sold me the car so much more cheaply that even after shipping and all the options the car was much cheaper than the non-stabilizer, non-radar car available hereabouts.
Attached Thumbnails My new Starfire Pearl GS 450h-imgp1391.jpg  
Old 08-28-07 | 07:16 AM
rkb43
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with your new ride!
Old 08-28-07 | 07:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Congrats on the new car and welcome to ClubLexus!

Car looks great! How is the handling with those Active Stablizers? Have you driven a 450h without the active stablizers? How does it compare? Big difference, just a gimmick?
Old 08-28-07 | 07:26 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Congrats and welcome as well!

Great choice
Old 08-28-07 | 07:30 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Congrats on the new car!! Sounds like a killer deal.
Old 08-28-07 | 08:04 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Car looks good.. Looks like you got a heck of a deal.. Congrats..
Old 08-28-07 | 08:11 AM
Marylander
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hameed

Car looks great! How is the handling with those Active Stablizers? Have you driven a 450h without the active stablizers? How does it compare? Big difference, just a gimmick?
Hameed,

I did drive a car (demo from a local MD dealer) without the active vehicle stabilizer, but only for about 25 miles, and only about 5 miles on twisty roads. I believe there is a noticeable difference now that I am driving my own car. This seems corroborated by a few car reviews I have read, and also by a long discussion with a Cincinnati car salesman (I scoured the country searching for the perfect car) who had been invited by Lexus to a racetrack to preview the GS 450h. He told me that the car with the stabilizer handled much better in near-extreme situations. My Corvette had the F55 suspension, which is the Vette's most sophisticated suspension and a somewhat primitive version of the active vehicle stabilizer.

The downside, I guess, is that the AVS takes up the spot taken by the mini-spare (thus, I must use run-flats or risk being left high and dry). I don't find the summer run-flats nearly as noisy as I feared I would.
Old 08-28-07 | 08:40 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Marylander
Hameed,

I did drive a car (demo from a local MD dealer) without the active vehicle stabilizer, but only for about 25 miles, and only about 5 miles on twisty roads. I believe there is a noticeable difference now that I am driving my own car. This seems corroborated by a few car reviews I have read, and also by a long discussion with a Cincinnati car salesman (I scoured the country searching for the perfect car) who had been invited by Lexus to a racetrack to preview the GS 450h. He told me that the car with the stabilizer handled much better in near-extreme situations. My Corvette had the F55 suspension, which is the Vette's most sophisticated suspension and a somewhat primitive version of the active vehicle stabilizer.

The downside, I guess, is that the AVS takes up the spot taken by the mini-spare (thus, I must use run-flats or risk being left high and dry). I don't find the summer run-flats nearly as noisy as I feared I would.
Thanks for the feedback?
Old 08-28-07 | 09:02 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Very nice ride, congratulations
Old 08-28-07 | 09:30 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Had to buy it out in California to get the active vehicle stabilizer option (other options -- pre-collision radar, XM, nav, lexus link, levinson, etc.). I just love the way this car handles, and I honestly don't miss my Corvette C6 (my only regret is that the GS doesn't have the Vette's heads-up display). Here is a pic taken at our home -- the car doesn't yet have the painted brake calipers, but I have purchased the G2 paint (black) and it won't be long....
Did you get the AAAS?
or is that standard with the pre colission radar?...
I don't remember.

Great lookin car. Congrats.

I've considered the new vette (the 08 larger engine one), but I don't think you will miss your C6, you have a great car.
Old 08-28-07 | 09:31 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hameed

HUGE difference, NOT A GIMMICK.
WORTH EVERY PENNY.

More stable and flat in corners, and tighter handeling.
perfect for what it claims and it delivers.
Old 08-28-07 | 10:15 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

I've only figured out how to attach one picture at a time. Here's one that's a bit closer-up.

I might add that the California dealer sold me the car so much more cheaply that even after shipping and all the options the car was much cheaper than the non-stabilizer, non-radar car available hereabouts.
Congratulations on the car! Just curious: what did you pay relative to the invoice and MSRP (before shipping charges)?

I live in Northern Virginia, and had to buy from New York dealer to get a great deal, which was a couple hundred under invoice.
Old 08-28-07 | 10:22 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats!

I LOVE IT!!

Quick Reply: My new Starfire Pearl GS 450h