1998 Lexus GS400 forsale, new info, new details

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-04, 11:57 AM
TerryTCL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1998 Lexus GS400 forsale, new info, new details

the car is currently on ebay (Item number: 2483458622), but i'm also willing to sell the car outside the auction.

Looking to get $15,000 as it sits.

here's the details, there are more in the actual auction.
1998 Lexus GS400 Diamond Pearl White
Clean Title – ask me for a carfax report
VIN Number = JT8BH68X5W0010469
Current Miles = 147,200
- DOHC VVTi 4.0L V8 Engine 300hp
- 5 Speed Automatic Transmission with E-Shift Feature – Power, Normal, and Snow Mode
- Driver and Passenger side Front and Side Airbags
- Telescoping and Tilt Steering Wheel
- High Intensity Discharge HID XENON Headlights with Self Leveling System
- Yellow Fog Lights
- Lexus Optitron Gauge Illumination
- Power Moonroof
- Cruise Control
- 8 Way Power Seats with 2 Memory Functions
- Power Windows with One Touch Up/Down
- Power Door Locks
- Vehicle Skid Control System – VSC
- Keyless Entry System with Panic Alarm
- Homelink System
- Air Conditioning
- Antilock Brakes
- Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Automatic Stability Control
- Leather Bucket Seats
- Center Console
- Digital Clock
- Power Heated Rearview Mirrors
- Intermittent Wipers
- Trip A and B Calculators
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Lighted Entry System
- Power Brakes
- Power Steering
- Rear Window Defroster
- Remote Trunk Release
- Wood Interior Trim
- Automatic On/Off Headlights
- Automatic Climate Control (2 Zone) - Driver and Passenger Controllable
- Leather Gear Shift ****
- Tinted Windows
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This vehicle was purchased from a dealership in Dallas, Texas in November of 2002. It had 142,100 miles on the odometer at that time. This vehicle is a southern vehicle from TX. This can be verified on the VIN history. The vehicle came from the factory fully loaded with every option except for navigation and heated seats. This vehicle has NEVER seen snow & salt.

The interior of this vehicle was originally TAN. I did not like the TAN interior and had it changed to BLACK with BURNT ORANGE accents. The two tone interior adds an extra sportiness to the vehicle. The roof liner was wrapped with a single sheet of carbon fiber. The addition of this also enhanced the sportiness of the interior.

In addition, several trim pieces of the interior were wrapped with black leather. They were originally tan felt. The items that have been covered are the front A pillar covers, the middle B pillar covers, and the rear C pillar covers. The rear deck area was also covered in black leather.

The leather is far easier to clean than felt and gives the interior a smoother feel.
This entire work cost $2500 and was done by a local upholstery shop. I have a receipt to prove the amount of money I spend on it as well as the items that were done there.

As you can see by the mileage history, I don’t drive this vehicle enough to justify keeping it. Hopefully this vehicle will go to someone that will enjoy every bit of it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a list of modifications that will come on the vehicle:
- L-Sportline Urethane Front Bumper
- L-Sportline Urethane Side Skirts
- L-Sportline Urethane Rear Bumper ($2000 painted and installed)
- Brand New Lexus Factory Foglights ($100)
- Brand New Lexus GS430 Headlights ($1000)
- TRD Japan Imported Carbon Fiber Rear License Plate Garnish ($150)
- TRD Japan Imported Carbon Fiber Rear Quarter Pillar Garnish ($200)
- TRD Japan Imported Carbon Fiber Center Pillar Garnish
- TRD Japan Imported Smoked Window Visors ($200)
- Smoked Moonroof Deflector Shield ($50)
- TRD Japan Imported Sport Leather Shift **** ($100)
- Front and Rear Cross Drilled and Slotted Performance Brake Rotors ($175)
- Rear Strut Tower Brace ($65)
- Rear Spoiler with Integrated LED Brake Light ($175)
- Aristo Stitched Floormats ($75)
- TOM’s Japan Imported Door Sill Plates ($100)
- Carbon Fiber Roof Wrapped Liner
- Black Leather Wrapped A Pillar
- Black Leather Wrapped B Pillar
- Black Leather Wrapped C Pillar
- Black Leather Wrapped Rear Deck Cover
- Two Tone Front Seats (Burnt Orange and Black)
- Two Tone Rear Seats (Burnt Orange and Black)
- Two Tone Center Armrest (Burnt Orange and Black) ($2500 including labor)
- Sony 5.8” Widescreen LCD Monitors Mounted Into Front Seat Headrests ($400 each)
- Power Acoustik AM/FM CD/ DVD/MP3/VCD Deck Player with Remote ($150)
- Optima Yellow Top Deep Cycle Battery ($150)
- Custom Fitted Front Windshield Sunshield
- Lexus GS300/400 Parts Catalog
- 17" by 8” Mille Migilia MM11-2 Alloy Wheels with 245/45/17 BRIDGESTONE SO-3 TIRES

As you can total from above, there’s close to $8000 of aftermarket parts into this vehicle.
This doesn’t even include the amount of money spent for maintenance.
Maintenance performed on the vehicle:
- Engine Oil and Filter changed at 146,000 miles with Castrol Synthetic Blend Oil
- Brake Fluid Flushed and Replaced at 146,000 miles with Castrol Synthetic Brake Fluid
- Power Steering System Flushed and Replaced at 146,000 miles with Castrol Synthetic PS Fluid
- Cooling System Checked and Filled, added NEO Performance Additive at 146,000 miles
- Differential Flushed and Fluid Changed at 146,000 miles with Redline Synthetic Gear Oil
- Transmission Flushed and Fluid Replaced at 146,000 miles with Toyota Genuine Transmission Oil
- Brake Rotors Replaced with Slotted and Drilled Rotors at 146,000 miles
- Spark Plugs Replaced at 145,612 miles with Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
- Timing Belt and Water Pump Replaced at 90,100 miles
- Air Filter was Replaced at 146,000 miles
Exterior Condition:
There are small chips in the front bumper and other places from road debris and from being stored in the garage. These can be easily repaired. There are no door dings or any major scrapes / scratches throughout the car. All imperfections are minor. I will supply the winning bidder with a can of color matched touch up paint can and paint pens so that you can touch up the paint or be ready for later chips and scratches. The car was repainted due to paint fade, chips, and scratches. I was told it was done by the previous owner, but have no records of it. This was relayed to me by the salesman at the dealer, which the car was purchased at. The paint is very good, it pearls very well, and there is no visible problem with it. There are some areas where you can see paint edges due to masking. You would need to get up to the car very closely to see this.
I will have the vehicle professionally detailed soon.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interior Condition:
The interior is very clean, which is in part due to the major upholstery work that was done. As far as I know, there are no blemishes or problems with the interior. Everything is clean and it looks brand new.
Trunk Condition:
The trunk area is also very clean. The jack and tools are all there. A full size spare is also there with a great condition tire. The mat and the carpeting in the trunk are all clean.
Engine Bay Condition:
There are no blemishes or problems under the hood. Everything is perfect and the car definitely does not look like it has 140k+ miles on it. I’ve seen some vehicles with less miles than mine where the engine bay looks like it went through hell. Very clean! Remember, no salt caused corrosion under the hood.
Suspension Condition:
Everything works perfect. Ride is excellent. No shakes, no rattles. The shocks were replaced not that long ago. Brake rotors are brand new with the brake pads having more than adequate life left. As this was a Texas vehicle, there is practically no rust. It looks like it rolled off the showroom a year or two ago.
Wheels / Tires Condition:
They are in excellent condition. Tread on the tires are plenty.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This vehicle does not run like it has 140k+ miles. It does not look like it has 140k+ miles. I have been told many times that this vehicle looks and drives like a new GS400. This vehicle can surely go for more than 300k miles with proper maintenance.
Pictures: (please contact me for additional pictures)
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u.../GS400forsale/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR $17,000, I will include the following items:

1) Included will be a complete used set of front and rear OEM Black Leather Door Panels ($3000 from dealer new)
2) Included will be a complete set of used front and rear OEM Black Leather Seats ($3000 from dealer new)
3) Included will be an OEM used Black Leather Center Armrest ($300 from dealer new)
4) Included will be an OEM used Black Gauge Cluster Trim ($100 from dealer)
5) Included will be the Original Tan Rear Seat Belts
6) Included will be brand new OEM Tan Front and Rear Lexus Floormats ($100 from dealer)
7) Included will be the Original Tan Center Console with Rear Vent
8) Included will be the Original Tan Center Vent and Clock Assembly
9) Brand new set of Italian made TOORA wheels, 18” x 8” wide, no tires, wheels only, they are in their original boxes, worth $400+

The parts above would be for the final conversion of the interior to black and then some more.
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02904.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02905.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02908.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02909.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02910.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02911.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02912.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02913.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02915.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02916.JPG
http://tclracing.phpwebhosting.com/u...e/DSC02917.JPG
Old 06-30-04, 12:57 PM