Fs: Tein Ra

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-05, 08:18 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fs: Tein Ra

i may have a set of tein RA's for sale from our 1999 gs400

they are currently still on the car. i'm guessing less than 5k mi on them because the last time the dealership saw this car for service was at ~60k mi/late 2004 and it was still on the stock suspension, and the car now has 64k mi. i like them very much but the parental units think the ride is too stiff so they have to go

so i'm posting to see if it generates enough interest because i need the $$$ from the sale of the RA's to get something else softer.

retail price is listed at $1410usd on http://www.tein.com .

specs can be found on http://tein.com/ti/y98.html .

[EDIT] i have wrenches now!

asking $950usd + shipping (UPS standard ground). payment via USPS or western union INTERNATIONAL money order only... if paypal please add 3% to cover for their service charges .

thanks

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-21-05 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-24-05, 07:43 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

bump... will come out of car when buyer is found.
Old 08-24-05, 10:18 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not looking to buy but just wanted to make sure for other members. Do you know if these RAs are the new ones? When did the previous owner install these? There was a previous version of the RA which was discontinued. The ones on the website just got re-introduced earlier this year.

The pricing is pretty nice if this is the newer version.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the USPS/WU MO and a cashier's check in terms of wait time? I understand your reasoning for the conditions but I would have lumped these MOs and CCs together since $ is taken upfront by the organization issuing the MO/check in both cases.
Old 08-24-05, 10:26 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
I'm not looking to buy but just wanted to make sure for other members. Do you know if these RAs are the new ones? When did the previous owner install these? There was a previous version of the RA which was discontinued. The ones on the website just got re-introduced earlier this year.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the USPS/WU MO and a cashier's check in terms of wait time? I understand your reasoning for the conditions but I would have lumped these MOs and CCs together since $ is taken upfront by the organization issuing the MO/check in both cases.
btw... what is the difference between the 2 versions?

are there any identifying marks on it to indicate which version it was? i have no packaging or paperwork (or wrenches for that matter ) for the coilovers. what i see on the car looks like what is shown on the website. all i know is that it was installed within the last 6-12 months because the lexus dealership it went to for it's last service back then says it still had a stock suspension at that time.

my bank takes almost 15-30 days to clear a cashier's cheque issued outside of canada. i have been scammed before with bogus foreign cashier's cheques and i don't want a repeat. western union or usps money orders are immediate.
Old 08-24-05, 10:53 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
are there any identifying marks on it to indicate which version it was?
Sorry, this I don't know. But if it was bought new this year, it should be the new set.

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
my bank takes almost 15-30 days to clear a cashier's cheque issued outside of canada.
Wow. I did not know that. That sucks for both sides. The buyer's $ is already gone from their account to issue the check and the seller still has to wait. The $ is sitting in some limbo in between.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.
Old 08-24-05, 11:00 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
Sorry, this I don't know. But if it was bought new this year, it should be the new set.
i'm kind of worried now... i don't want to be a scammer

i really like these RA's, but on 20's the impact over some of the crap we call roads here is too harsh for mom and dad. it was briefly on 17's and the problem went away... but i *need* 20's... gotta have bling

Wow. I did not know that. That sucks for both sides. The buyer's $ is already gone from their account to issue the check and the seller still has to wait. The $ is sitting in some limbo in between.
i'm guessing u never had to deal with out of country issues when dealing with payment... it's brutat up here. so many fees, higher shipping costs, duties and taxes, exchange rate... many US sellers don't even want to ship to canada anymore because after 9/11 us customs created a huge pile of paperwork for shipping stuff across the border and it's not worth the hassle for many

Anyway, good luck with the sale.
thanks for keeping an eye out for me neo... i promise to stay out of trouble

Last edited by Benjamin T; 08-24-05 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-24-05, 08:45 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you think that your ride is too stuff, try to get other less stiff springs.

Your existing springs are 18K/12K, i heard that putting 12K/8K will give a decent ride.
Old 08-24-05, 09:18 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

really? hm... do i order from tein?
Old 08-24-05, 09:52 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you can order from Tein ... The Tein RA are not that uncomfy, i guess better than the HA.

Give Tein a call and perhaps they can advise and/or tell you what version you have.
Old 08-25-05, 09:43 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

couldn't find any listings for optional springs... gave them an email.
Old 09-21-05, 12:33 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

looks like i'm buying another set of coilovers.... if all goes as planned, the tein RA's will be out of the car by early october.

i have a set of wrenches for them as well now...
Old 09-21-05, 12:39 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo

well i've been snooping a bit and found out the last time the dealership saw this car in for service was late 2004 at 60k mi or so and it was still on it's stock suspension. so unless he bought the early ones and kept them in a box for several years, i'm going to hazard a guess and say that these were the later release versions.