WTB: OEM GS400 center caps for the 17x8 aluminum wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-05, 08:05 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB: OEM GS400 center caps for the 17x8 aluminum wheels

as the title says. i have a set of oem gs400 17x8s i just got from mylexrx but i need a new set of center caps. i already have a set but they are hurt, so im not looking for a beat up set i need mint or new. if youve got a set please PM me or post here, im enclosing a pic of the exact caps that are for these wheels to avoid confusion because there are many similar lexus oem caps that wont fit.

thanks
Old 09-02-05, 08:18 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

got em thanks.
Old 09-02-05, 08:33 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Where did you get them? How much were they?
Old 09-03-05, 09:41 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by e-man
Where did you get them? How much were they?

actually lol, i found an exact paint match to the aluminum color of the oem lex wheels after i found out these things are $22 a piece new. i knew if i sanded them just a little bit after i popped off the emblems that i could make these things look better than they started off new so i did. ended up spending 4 bucks for a rattle can of wheel paint to refinish these caps instead of spending over $80 bucks for a new set...they can be had elsewhere on ebay, used, for cheaper, but whats the point if you can fix them yourself.... if you have a set and want the paint info/code ill give it to you just let me know and ill tell you how to pop the emblems off and reattach them as well without having to use any glue or anything like that on the front of the cap which would make it look sloppy. i finished mine yesturday and they came out perfect, ill throw a pic on later.
Old 09-03-05, 09:55 AM
e-man
Lead Lap

Hey thanks. That would be great. Yeah, my center caps are looking a little worn and could use a good refinishing. I didn't know you could pop the caps off without actually taking the wheel off. Also, when you say that you painted them, I assume you covered up the "L" logo and just painted the plastic around it, right? Let me know.

e
Old 09-03-05, 09:58 AM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
actually lol, i found an exact paint match to the aluminum color of the oem lex wheels after i found out these things are $22 a piece new. i knew if i sanded them just a little bit after i popped off the emblems that i could make these things look better than they started off new so i did. ended up spending 4 bucks for a rattle can of wheel paint to refinish these caps instead of spending over $80 bucks for a new set...they can be had elsewhere on ebay, used, for cheaper, but whats the point if you can fix them yourself.... if you have a set and want the paint info/code ill give it to you just let me know and ill tell you how to pop the emblems off and reattach them as well without having to use any glue or anything like that on the front of the cap which would make it look sloppy. i finished mine yesturday and they came out perfect, ill throw a pic on later.

The paint code would be great, How well odes the color match the wheel? Are the emblems glued on and do you have to glue them back on?
Old 09-03-05, 10:13 AM
e-man
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
Now I understand. You popped the "L" off the cap before you painted them. Pictures would be great. Thanks.

e-man
Old 09-03-05, 02:21 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by e-man
Now I understand. You popped the "L" off the cap before you painted them. Pictures would be great. Thanks.

e-man

i got a lot goin on tonight and tomorrow but i did take pics of them before i refinished, after i popped off the L and after the paint..so you can get a good idea. again this is just for the silver finish 17x8 lex oem silver wheels, not sure if itll work with any others... ill be back in a day or so to post up pics