Air Intake pipe GS300 98-01

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-05, 10:46 AM
Kaukau
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Air Intake pipe GS300 98-00 early 01

This is a Brand new condition (0 miles) Funnel Ram Type Intake for Lexus GS300 3.0L 98-00
This intake is High Polished Aluminum with 3" I.D. Exactly same size with an INJEN intake. (cost around $200?) This is custom-made intake at the local auto shop. Guarantee fits and works your GS300 98-00.

Tested on my friends GS300 98 before his sold. MAF bolts on an intake correctly and worked. Silicon horses, Silicon tubes, necessary brackets, clamps, are not included, but you can buy those materials anywhere in auto vendors.

Always nice to have a polished metal made items under the hood.
This intake + air filer gives you 5-8HP gain in HP. Gas mileage increase 5%-12%, depending on how you drive (I changed mine almost same as this intake on SC300 NA)

$25 + shipping (I will check, please let me know your zip code).
Prefer paypal to have a payment, Money order is OK as well. (allow me to have a time to cash it first, please) I ship this item with USPS Priority mail with a trucking number.

On sale because he is going to have a full rebuilt 2JZ-GTE + 6MT on his vehicle.
Selling a item for my friend. A Local pick up is available as well.

Thank you

Last edited by Kaukau; 01-07-06 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-21-05, 12:32 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is only for years 98-2000 GS300.

2001+ GS300 got new MAF sensors.

Pete
Old 11-21-05, 12:37 PM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Strange...There are plenty of pipes like this on e-bay. They have full kits with air filters, hoses and clamps for just around $30 shipped. I actually bought one of those kits long time ago, and now it's sitting in my garage since I installed SRT instead of it.
Old 11-21-05, 05:36 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by PHML
This is only for years 98-2000 GS300.

2001+ GS300 got new MAF sensors.

Pete
Yup, 98-00 GS then. If I am not wrong, they made GS300 till 2001 Feb. I do not know anything about GS model, sorry...all what I know about GS is a good looking car.

Thank you for correcting my wrong info.

Last edited by Kaukau; 11-21-05 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-21-05, 05:47 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Originally Posted by lalexusgs
Strange...There are plenty of pipes like this on e-bay. They have full kits with air filters, hoses and clamps for just around $30 shipped. I actually bought one of those kits long time ago, and now it's sitting in my garage since I installed SRT instead of it.
Thank you for a post. But you are not interested in this item anyway.
If you have extra $$ to spend to it, go with name. I do not care.
My friend made an order at the local shop here in Oklahoma, thank for reading my post correctly.
Buyers choice. Even I do not see air system kit $30 shipped at eBay, if you have a bad intension to kill my post, please go ahead. I do not care. I am here honest. I am selling this item for my friend...And you can paste the link which sells the same pipe then please go ahead. You will be just looked down. I hope not that you are a vendor of SRT or something.
Old 11-21-05, 09:17 PM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kaukau
Thank you for a post. But you are not interested in this item anyway.
If you have extra $$ to spend to it, go with name. I do not care.
My friend made an order at the local shop here in Oklahoma, thank for reading my post correctly.
Buyers choice. Even I do not see air system kit $30 shipped at eBay, if you have a bad intension to kill my post, please go ahead. I do not care. I am here honest. I am selling this item for my friend...And you can paste the link which sells the same pipe then please go ahead. You will be just looked down. I hope not that you are a vendor of SRT or something.

Sorry, I didn't mean to kill your post. I am not an SRT vendor, or any other vendor... I just try to learn here on this forum, and I was just curious how the pipe you are selling is different from the one here
Lexus GS300 Air Intake

Is it different type of steel, shape, or anything else? Or pipe is a pipe after all?
Old 11-21-05, 09:36 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Thumbs down

Thanks for ruined my post here.

I am here to help my friend to sell his item.
You got your item and whats matter with you? You can call the auto shop where he got his intake to know the detail of it, if you want...however you are not buying this item. Contact me, I give the phone number of the autoshop. I dont know about this product. I got mine at the same auto shop. Mine is made of 321 steel for SC. His, I do not know. His, GS.
Honestly I think you are very mean... I may do the same if you make a post in the future, thanks.
Old 11-21-05, 09:53 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Sorry, I didn't mean to kill your post. I am not an SRT vendor, or any other vendor... I just try to learn here on this forum, and I was just curious how the pipe you are selling is different from the one here
Lexus GS300 Air Intake

Is it different type of steel, shape, or anything else? Or pipe is a pipe after all?
Why dont you stick with the brand name stuff. Thats better for you. Why you need another air intake? You got 2 GS or something? If you think the item you found is better, just stick with it. Why do you need to bother someone telling "I always look for the best quality stuff" ...
Then just go get the best quality car for yourself. Please do not buy an item from my friend, thanks. period.
Old 11-21-05, 09:55 PM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kaukau
Thanks for ruined my post here.

I am here to help my friend to sell his item.
You got your item and whats matter with you? You can call the auto shop where he got his intake to know the detail of it, if you want...however you are not buying this item. Contact me, I give the phone number of the autoshop. I dont know about this product. I got mine at the same auto shop. Mine is made of 321 steel for SC. His, I do not know. His, GS.
Honestly I think you are very mean... I may do the same if you make a post in the future, thanks.

Listen, you probably know better than me that most of CL members know what e-bay is, and check out the stuff for GS there regularly. And most probably some of them before buying the stuff will also be curious if there is difference in price, what is the difference in quality. So, I am not really ruining your post, just trying to figure out some facts...
Old 11-21-05, 10:15 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Thumbs down

Listen, you probably know better than me that most of CL members know what e-bay is, and check out the stuff for GS there regularly. And most probably some of them before buying the stuff will also be curious if there is difference in price, what is the difference in quality. So, I am not really ruining your post, just trying to figure out some facts...
Bottom line; you are not buying this item. Help yourself to find some other stuff.
If you are willing to share your info or help people to have a better stuff with others, why dont you use PM or email to let the person know you have a better info than my friends product. You do not need to make a post to ruin my post.....a big sigh...

Again, You are implying or saying something behind the post. Hope you know what you are doing here by leaving your message on this thread. Your post almost says that close this post. You started from "strange..." How do you explain that?? You doubt first before you trust. I do not care. I rather trust people first and hope not betrayed but even it happens on me, I will be saved, thanks. I am not trying to fish or rip-off people or anything here. I posted this item here to help my friend's item. Thats all.... Why am I having a bad in the end of the day...

Last edited by Kaukau; 11-21-05 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-03-05, 06:33 PM
Kaukau
Driver

bump. Please just ignore the person above says. He is mad because his car needs a paint job. green lol

Last edited by Kaukau; 12-03-05 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-19-05, 09:20 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Red face

bump. Anyone? I thought that this could be a good deal. My friend will take an offer for this item so please send me a reasonable offer, thank you. We ship out the item in a same day.

Last edited by Kaukau; 12-19-05 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-20-05, 07:30 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Exclamation .02

I think the issue with the ram type intakes on e-bay is that they are cheap paper or some other materials on the filters. There is a reason they are only $15 to $30 shipped or not. Cpm[pare that to the Injen, RMM, SRT, and K&N types. Those are the real quality ones because the filters are reusable. I believe you can just wash it, and trat it with a special oil. No need to replace it. As for the pipes, they might be the same I suppose but you would have consider the material and how the chrome or polish will hold up being the engine compartment. Also with the workmanship and how accurate it will fit. Just my .02 so i hope it clears things up a bit.

Rock
Old 01-08-06, 06:27 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Default Bump/

bump. Anyone? I thought that this could be a good deal. My friend will take an offer for this item so please send me a reasonable offer, thank you. We ship out the item in a same day.
Old 01-10-06, 05:52 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i think the people on CL like buying more brand named stuff, popular stuff.. u know