RMM Grill Will Trade for 01 Grill

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-02, 09:59 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RMM Grill Will Trade for 01 Grill

This is a RMM Grill painted White (perl). I had the grill on my car for about a year. It has a small rock chip on the bottom which you cant even see unless you look for it (i fixed it with touch up paint and you can even notice it). One of the screw holes that holds the grill in place is damaged. The grill otherwise is perfect and fits and looks really well. Look at the image above. You can paint it any color for about $50-$100. I am looking to trade for a 2001+ lexus gs430 grill. If you are intrested drop me an email denis@isprime.com I will pay for shipping one way.
Old 01-20-02, 10:36 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Ok, I have a few questions even though I currently do not have an 01 grill on me...

1) 2000 GS's came in Crystal White, not Diamond White Pearl, so I'm wondering what color this grill is actually painted?

2) Regarding the damaged screw hole, how is it damaged? Are the threads messed up or what? Is it fixable?

3) How is the fit and finish of the grill? RMM Grills are definitely not known for their quality so you may have to elaborate some more on that. From the pic however, I can tell that the grill isn't THAT messed up, as some RMM grill's can be seen to be horribly contorted at certain edges even from a pic of that distance...

4) Have you noticed any strange marked on the front bumper (directly under the grill) that may indicate that when the hood is closed, it is pushing down on the bumper unevenly?

Thanks for answering all the questions, if you decide to be willing to accept a different form of payment besides the trade, I may be interested.

clk-gtr@home.com
Old 01-20-02, 10:48 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Oh yea, got any more pics of it?
Old 01-20-02, 11:28 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

I'll buy it off of you....email me

WS4LIF@aol.com
Old 01-21-02, 01:26 AM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

1) 2000 GS's came in Crystal White, not Diamond White Pearl, so I'm wondering what color this grill is actually painted?

The car is painted Crystal White from what I know the Crystal White was unchanged from the pre 01 models and is still in production on current cars.

2) Regarding the damaged screw hole, how is it damaged? Are the threads messed up or what? Is it fixable?

The grill is held on by 6 screws. The base for one of the screws needs to be replaced. Yes its fixible. The grill fits firm on the car by the other screws.

3) How is the fit and finish of the grill? RMM Grills are definitely not known for their quality so you may have to elaborate some more on that. From the pic however, I can tell that the grill isn't THAT messed up, as some RMM grill's can be seen to be horribly contorted at certain edges even from a pic of that distance...

I think RMM quality was discussed by a few members. Its a good quaility product but yes it can be better. The grill does look great on the car. Big improvment over stock.

4) Have you noticed any strange marked on the front bumper (directly under the grill) that may indicate that when the hood is closed, it is pushing down on the bumper unevenly?

Yes I think this is the case with all RMM grills.
Old 01-21-02, 01:30 AM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Default pics

I will post better pics if anyone is still intrested.
Old 01-21-02, 01:33 AM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Thanks for answering my questions.

Heres a few more follow up questions:

1) I asked if the grill was painted Crystal White or Diamond White Pearl because I am sure that your car is painted Crystal White, but you mentioned in the original post that grill is painted White (pearl). So I was wondering if you got the grill used and it was already painted DWP (pre-00 White GS color) and so just left it as is.

2) You say one of the screw's based needs to be replaced, so is this on the Grill itself or just separate? If its just the screw thats damaged and not any part of the grill, I'm sure it would not be too difficult for the buyer to find a replacement screw. Hopefully this is the case.

3) You say its held on by 6 screws. Are these 6 screws in exactly the stock locations? I haven ever removed my stock grill so I would not know but this should be a pretty easy question to answer.

Thanks!

send me an email if you are interested in selling as well, I am still interested.

clk-gtr@home.com