*** Sportdesign Grille Group Purchase ***

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-02 | 05:40 PM
Neo
The One

Default Orders

Hi guys,

For those who commited to the GP, please get your orders in soon. Steve says he has 4 confirmed orders. I did not ask him specifically who they were but I think I can guess from the people who responded. For those who have not ordered, please do so soon. We are all in this together.

For those who did not originally commited but would like one, now is the time to order.

Also when you put in the order, please post here so the rest of us will know that we are on our way.

Thanks.
Old 06-04-02 | 08:59 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Neo,

Do you know if I can get the 'L' emblem in gold trim? I have a 99 GS400 and will need to get a new emblem, but I have the gold package and want to match it with the rest of the trim. If so, then you can count me in for sure on an order, let me know what I have to do to request it when placing an order.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-05-02 | 04:43 AM
elcue824
Rookie

I just placed my order. Two weeks is a long time to wait for any thing? Are any optional shipping methods available? Are we waiting for the grilles to be shipped to the dealership?
Old 06-05-02 | 09:43 AM
Neo
The One

Johnny,

Steve is doing restocking at the moment. That is why he needs a full count for the order. This is also why he did not want to drag out the GP. He is planning to put a big order through on Friday. As for shipping, if you want to pay more for "faster" shipping, you can call him and ask that he changes it for your order. We just worked out the least expensive way to get this grille out.

Fa-suto,

I will check about the gold emblem and get back tou you ASAP.
Old 06-05-02 | 01:32 PM
Neo
The One

Fa-suto,

I talked to Gordon @Carson (Steve was @ lunch) and he said the gold emblem would be $37. I updated the instructions in the first post on how to order.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-05-02 | 08:09 PM
eppan
Pole Position

Neo,

Are we going to receive a confirmation for our order? I haven't received anything that indicates that they have received my order.
Old 06-05-02 | 08:11 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Eppan,

Steve Ganz usually doesn't charge your credit card untill he gets the part shipped off to you.. From my understanding the grills still aren't in at Carson Toyota so you should get confirmation when Steve ships them.. Hope that helps!
Old 06-05-02 | 08:15 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Neo,

Thanks for checking. I just placed my order and eagerly awaiting for delivery like everyone else! Not that I'm not a handyman and I haven't checked but does anyone know if its pretty straightforward replacement without any major instructions or procedures on replacing the old grille with the new one? Last thing I want to do is screw up my hood or bend the new grille.

Thanks.

Fa-suto
Old 06-05-02 | 09:23 PM
gs300
Driver

for a $150 you guys are getting a hell off a deal cost price for those grills are like a $140 retail is like $260
Old 06-05-02 | 09:57 PM
Neo
The One

Since the deadline is tomorrow, I've asked Steve for a list of people who have put in an order. He told me that there are 6 orders confirmed. We had 10 grills in the original interest thread. After the emblem issue, we had 8 but Steve said let's do it.

I don't know if the 6 confirmed are all from the original 8 or not. This is what I want to make sure. I'll try to contact the others via PM (or email if available) to see if they are still interested. With Fa-suto's order it should be now 7 confirmed orders.

Just going by this thread, I would guess the orders are:

elcue824
enginyr - I'm assuming your paycheck cleared.
eppan
Fa-suto
M1Lexu5
Neo
tbrex

I have not heard from the following:

lexasgs400
jdoolan

If you guys already ordered, then great. If not, I will try to contact you to make sure that you do not miss out on the GP if you are still interested.

Fa-suto,

According to Steve Ganz, the grill is very easy to install and exact fit. If you go to enginyr's great site http://www.lexusgrill.com, there is a pic in the FAQ section showing where the 7 10mm nuts are. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Neo; 06-05-02 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-05-02 | 11:28 PM
enginyr
Banned

Since I just got my job....I will place my order tomorrow. I have an interview for ANOTHER JOB ALREADY at 2:00 so.....Might have to wait till the next day if thats cool. I think I'm going to order 2 grills.
Old 06-06-02 | 12:21 AM
Neo
The One

enginyr,

Make sure you coordinate with Steve Ganz. I think he wanted to put in our order for the grills on Friday. If you need until Friday, let Steve know that. I know that Steve is anxious to put in the order to minimize the wait time for the guys who ordered.

Glad to hear that you are among the employed again.
Old 06-06-02 | 07:11 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Originally posted by Neo

Fa-suto,

According to Steve Ganz, the grill is very easy to install and exact fit. If you go to enginyr's great site http://www.lexusgrill.com, there is a pic in the FAQ section showing where the 7 10mm nuts are. Hope this helps.

Thanks Neo.
Yup, looks like even for a part time moonlighting handyman like myself it shouldn't be a problem. I know this is offtopic but did you guys check out the 3rd pic in the gallery at www.lexusgrill.com. Sheeez, I wish my car came with one of those!

Fa-suto
Old 06-07-02 | 07:31 AM
jdoolan
Driver School Candidate

just put in my order for the grill & emblem
Old 06-07-02 | 04:48 PM
Neo
The One

Default GP closed

This is the list of names of people Steve has down for the grille. Thanks everyone for participating.

Troy Tanji
Jeff Doolan
Robert Nunez
Chris Nguyen
Christopher Wilson
Eric Pan
John Hsieh
Johnny Quezada
Anthony Yulo

The GP is now closed.

Quick Reply: *** Sportdesign Grille Group Purchase ***