VA FS: Tein CS V.1 w/ EDFC

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-10, 05:26 PM
ceelo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Tein CS V.1 w/ EDFC

Another piece up for sale off my car. These are the Tein CS version 1 coil overs with the EDFC controller, which can control the damping force from inside the car with the touch of a button. There is double sided tape on the top of the unit from being mounted in the glove box.

The coil overs have roughly 30K miles on them and are in great condition, except for the right rear. When I removed these it appears as though it was leaking oil which would lead me to believe it needs repair. I'm not 100% that is the case because it still rode well and didn't bottom out..... but I'm assuming so and the price reflects that.

Tein services all their coil overs and I've included a link below. Your looking at roughly 100-125 to have the coil over rebuilt. Unfortunately the CS Version1 have to been returned to Japan for service which adds roughly an additional $100-150 to the cost of the rebuild.

I've also found a company Stateside that is willing to rebuild the coil over, FEAL suspension. If your interested I can provide you their contact information and what information I received when I spoke with them today.

http://www.rallyracingsuspension.com/

These do not go super low for those of you looking to tuck your wheels and scrape the ground. These do provide a great drop when the perches are set to the lowest setting while still provide a very quality ride. I ran these with some 20" Mayas and it was lowered to about 1 finger gap and it was perfect for me.

$750 for both, plus shipping
$550 for the coilovers, plus shipping
$250 for the EDFC, plus shipping.

Any questions? Just ask

Last edited by ceelo; 04-13-10 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-12-10, 05:50 PM
koeovo1on
Driver School Candidate

hey...i'm interested in this. I'm from Richmond. When you push down on the leaking shocks, does it rebound normal?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 04-12-10, 05:54 PM
ceelo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by koeovo1on
hey...i'm interested in this. I'm from Richmond. When you push down on the leaking shocks, does it rebound normal?

Thanks,
Kevin
Yes it does. I never had any issues while it was on the car, in terms of the ride quality and they just came off this weekend.

I don't want to sell something that may need repair for what would typically be "full re-sale price". If it turns out it does not need any work then someone got themselves a good deal.
Old 04-12-10, 06:25 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

From my understanding the version 1s cannot be repaired stateside they need to be shipped to Japan. You should verify this with Tein as it would make the cost of repair much greater.
Old 04-12-10, 06:33 PM
LS430NYC
Rookie

interested but need to find out about the repair
Old 04-12-10, 06:34 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that rear is blown...and yes...i confirmed last year on my old CS v1...that only Tein Japan can repair them.
Old 04-12-10, 07:11 PM
ceelo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PHML
that rear is blown...and yes...i confirmed last year on my old CS v1...that only Tein Japan can repair them.
I'm going to call either way tomorrow and double check. I know that they also opened an east coast repair facility in Georgia at the beginning of this year so maybe things have changed, we'll see.

If they do I'll get an estimate on the repair for the next owner.
Old 04-12-10, 07:57 PM
ac921ol
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, could end up getting a package deal with the exhaust and this suspension.
def let me know about the repair, and i should be heading out your way tomorrow as i left dc very late today since traffic was killer cause of the nuclear convention.
Old 04-12-10, 08:02 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ceelo
I'm going to call either way tomorrow and double check. I know that they also opened an east coast repair facility in Georgia at the beginning of this year so maybe things have changed, we'll see.

If they do I'll get an estimate on the repair for the next owner.
Actually I think that they closed the faciltiy in Georgia last year and moved all of their operations to the west coast, and from my understanding the facility they had in Georgia was for shipping o the east coast not for repairs, all repairs were done in Cali or Tein Japan.

Pete is right the new cs Version 2 are made in US so they can be repaired but for the version 1s they have always said that it had tone done via japan. Verify for sure but I think that u'll get the same info.
Old 04-13-10, 07:35 AM
ceelo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Actually I think that they closed the faciltiy in Georgia last year and moved all of their operations to the west coast, and from my understanding the facility they had in Georgia was for shipping o the east coast not for repairs, all repairs were done in Cali or Tein Japan.
Jeez I must be way behind on the times, haha. I thought it was opening in 2010, not closing. I plan on calling this morning and seeing what the deal is.
Old 04-13-10, 09:19 AM
ceelo
Pole Position

Updated information at the top of the thread. Bottom line is that everyone above was correct that these will be shipped from their California service center to Japan for rebuild then back to the States.

This adds roughly $150 to the cost of the repair. So you're looking at roughly $200-250 to repair a coilover. I've adjusted my asking price accordingly. There is also a company stateside that will be willing to do the repair which is more cost effective which I've listed in my original post up top.

Last edited by ceelo; 04-13-10 at 10:15 AM.