Brand New In Box Veilside Hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-02 | 03:05 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Do you go into Wallmart and ask the manager " i know you got this item for 70% off retail.... your selling it for 70% more .... Why are you trying to rip your community off" ....... they arent trying to make THAT MUCH money off you buddy...... they got employees to pay... bills to pay... more inventory to buy... pay other stuff.....

if VeilSideGS3 is making a lil money (im sure its not more then 50-100$) then let him... i think he deserves it... bringing you a deal of 800$ damit .... dats a badass deall... im sure most of us wont be able to find it anywhere...... so if he makes 50$ off of it... then like i said.. he deserves it for still giving a deal like that..... he did go threw some labor on arranging all this... not every thing in the world is free... specially labor.... so dont start going off on any one because u think they are trying to make money off CL members....... its just that they have worked threw to make the deal possible... business is business.. .... and if there is no profit .... it is no business..... might as well be giving the hood away for free......

Stop acting like free Loaders and payup

Sometimes people can be so STUPID ... please... think before you just throw out stuff on this board.

sorri just had to let that out.....

so many people on this board are like that... taking things for granted... they want prices that even dealers dont get... they dont wanna pay even a little profit... and not appriciate anyones labor and what they had to go threw to get the stuff that they are selling....

Last edited by CamRen; 07-01-02 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-01-02 | 05:08 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by CamRen
Do you go into Wallmart and ask the manager " i know you got this item for 70% off retail.... your selling it for 70% more .... Why are you trying to rip your community off" ....... they arent trying to make THAT MUCH money off you buddy...... they got employees to pay... bills to pay... more inventory to buy... pay other stuff.....

if VeilSideGS3 is making a lil money (im sure its not more then 50-100$) then let him... i think he deserves it... bringing you a deal of 800$ damit .... dats a badass deall... im sure most of us wont be able to find it anywhere...... so if he makes 50$ off of it... then like i said.. he deserves it for still giving a deal like that..... he did go threw some labor on arranging all this... not every thing in the world is free... specially labor.... so dont start going off on any one because u think they are trying to make money off CL members....... its just that they have worked threw to make the deal possible... business is business.. .... and if there is no profit .... it is no business..... might as well be giving the hood away for free......

Stop acting like free Loaders and payup

Sometimes people can be so STUPID ... please... think before you just throw out stuff on this board.

sorri just had to let that out.....

so many people on this board are like that... taking things for granted... they want prices that even dealers dont get... they dont wanna pay even a little profit... and not appriciate anyones labor and what they had to go threw to get the stuff that they are selling....

This coming from a guy with liquidated clearance-sale rims painted chrome, red-painted stock calipers, and a knock-off bodykit... Are you guys taking notes?

Anyway, why would you want a hood with a scoop in it when you car is clearly not designed for a hood scoop? Do you know the kinds of problems you run into with a scoop/holes in your hood? Besides your manufacturer warranty being voided, the low pressure system created under the scoop will suck in anything from bugs and foliage, rain and bird crap, rocks and dirt, and anything in between. Ever wonder what happens to a flooded engine? Drive through torrential rain with that hood on and you'll soon see. Do you like getting dirt and grime in between your belts and all over your engine bay? Just some questions I'd like to pose to you people eager to have an exotic look without first considering it's many disadvantages. Oh and it does nothing for performance.
Old 07-01-02 | 05:25 PM
JYOO

HAHA!
Old 07-01-02 | 05:27 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

:eek:
Old 07-01-02 | 05:59 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Okay I got a better view of this hood and I retract my statement about it doing absolutely nothing performance-wise. Initially I thought it was like the Shelby Series 1 hood.

This hood, however, would function similar to a cowl hood in cooling the engine at high speeds. But I'm looking at engine pics of the GS and the air flow would not effect the air intake significantly nor would it be a good idea for it to unless you designed a custom air box for it or had a very, very good air filter.

You would still get a crapload of dirt, dust, grime, rain, and other junk under your hood though , and it looks like the hood vent is right above the belt drive system and behind the engine fan.

BN Sports version for the SC...
Attached Thumbnails Brand New In Box Veilside Hood-bnsport-soarer-hood.jpg  
Old 07-01-02 | 08:42 PM
MRGS400nSoCali
Lead Lap

VERY VERY well said LEX!!! Like I mentioned before, the hood is too aggressive for a Lexus and not practical for a daily driven car (in my opinion).

First of all Carmen, why do I have to pay up, when I can take the time or shop around or be lucky enough to use some connections??? Do you like wasting money down the drain??? Well, I don't, guess it's called shopping around. Just because someone throws a price out there for something I like doesn't mean I'm gonna be willing to pay anything for it as I'm not filthy rich that I wouldn't give a crap. As for Walmart, that's a business and I any moron understands that they have overhead, employee costs, adv costs, etc to pay so that's where part of the mark-up comes from. Kirby is not in business to make money off of CL members and I wouldn't call 10% off retail a deal off even an unused part (again, that's my opinion). And tell me, what's wrong with wanting to get the bests price possible on whatever you buy??? Sorry, I work hard for my money so I want to get the most out of each dollar.

O yeah, and Carmen, why don't you stop FREELOADING & PAYUP and become a PAID CLUBLEXUS MEMBER??? It's only $30 a year, im sure you can afford it as $50 "here and there" is nothing to you.

And you are so right about how people can be so stupid by not thinking about what they are saying. In other words, why don't you look in the mirror yourself buddy and think before you open your mouth!