IL Fs: PPE headers and blitz throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-11, 08:46 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by I-FORCE
Thanks alot for the link man, i visited their website and it states that the GS430 and SC430 share the same header.. Ill PM Paul for reassurance

You know its funny you mentioned the SRT, i was just thinking about that a couple of seconds before i read your reply haha.. I was thinking why not an SRT - How does it compare to the Injen? I have mixed feelings about the ECU part of it

Thanks.. GT find a way to send members rep points on this forum
hit paul up for sure, he's a great dude and really friendly to talk to....sometimes takes a day or two to respond (as he's working) but he will answer you. dunno how the injen compares but i recently installed my SRT after debating on it for like 2 years and im completely thrilled with it.

whats GT? and rep points?
Old 07-12-11, 09:53 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakataj
hit paul up for sure, he's a great dude and really friendly to talk to....sometimes takes a day or two to respond (as he's working) but he will answer you. dunno how the injen compares but i recently installed my SRT after debating on it for like 2 years and im completely thrilled with it.

whats GT? and rep points?
Hah.. GT - Got to; sending rep points on alot of forums are a way to thank a member who helped you out by adding to his reputation

I sent Paul a PM and he replied saying that they would fit but i would need to modify my cat pipe because newer model 430s came with a one piece headers manifold and cats.. Older models were a two piece design.
Cant think fo why Lexus would do thatl maybe it has something to do with cost cutting and reducing the potential for leaks?

I'm thinking i would just cut the cat pipe, weld on a flange and bolt it up with the PPE.. Both ways, it's doable

Whenever the OP replies

Regarding the intake, i have been considering an SRT.. My bro had one on his SC400 a few years ago and it was a great product; its just that everyone recommends the injen on the SC430 forums, not many have the SRT..

Thanks

Moe
Old 07-13-11, 07:34 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Hah.. GT - Got to; sending rep points on alot of forums are a way to thank a member who helped you out by adding to his reputation

I sent Paul a PM and he replied saying that they would fit but i would need to modify my cat pipe because newer model 430s came with a one piece headers manifold and cats.. Older models were a two piece design.
Cant think fo why Lexus would do thatl maybe it has something to do with cost cutting and reducing the potential for leaks?

I'm thinking i would just cut the cat pipe, weld on a flange and bolt it up with the PPE.. Both ways, it's doable

Whenever the OP replies

Regarding the intake, i have been considering an SRT.. My bro had one on his SC400 a few years ago and it was a great product; its just that everyone recommends the injen on the SC430 forums, not many have the SRT..

Thanks

Moe

good,glad they will work out for you....i would think they dont use the SRT due to cost, i couldnt justify it for costs along time but now i love it. worth every penny (i bought it used though)

ANYWAYS back on topic if u didnt PM him, just PM him...
Old 07-13-11, 08:05 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Whats my question? Hehe. Pm me if anything.
Old 07-14-11, 04:32 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Whats my question? Hehe. Pm me if anything.
Sorry; SAKATAJ and i hijacked the thread for a while
PM sent

SAKATAJ:- I dunno who you you were asking about Paul or the OP but i've PM'd both

Thanks

Moe
Old 07-14-11, 09:51 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Headers are sold!!
Old 07-14-11, 01:37 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry; SAKATAJ and i hijacked the thread for a while
PM sent

SAKATAJ:- I dunno who you you were asking about Paul or the OP but i've PM'd both

Thanks

Moe
i was referring to the OP

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Headers are sold!!