purchased chrome bezel

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-03, 04:04 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry purchased chrome bezel

I hate to do this, but i am getting angry at the fact i proib could have one by now if i did not give someone the benefit of the doubt. I emailed Lexdub99 several times and really never get a solid reply. i sent the money a few weeks before thanksgiving, and i am still waiting on my chrome bezel. i paid 50.00 bucks for it, which is alot considering its a piece of plastic and a lil chrome. but i am wondering if i will get my pm answered with doing this thread. i hope people understand where i am coming from. thanks
Old 01-06-03, 04:41 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear about that Fireball. About a week or 2 before Thanksgiving, he PM'ed me about buying one. I know I posted in an earlier thread for Lexus-Parts to put me on a list for one of these. I was a bit suspicious at first because lets face it, these things sell like hotcakes, and I thought why would he PM me about it rather than placing it in the CL Classifieds? Anyway, I sent him a PM asking if in fact it was OEM, etc. and it took him a long time to respond. After that, I saw a thread with another CL member in the same situation as you are now, and PMed him and found that we had similar stories. I have my own theories about this, and hope that I am wrong. $50 isnt alot of money, but if enough people send it to him it can add up. Anyway, I hope this is all just a HUGE misunderstanding, and Lexdub99 makes things straight with you guys.
This thread might serve better in the Lobby. Maybe if the mods see fit, they can move it.

Good Luck dude.

Last edited by LexRoc; 01-06-03 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-06-03, 05:47 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb hey

i appreicate someone replying to this thread. It just sucks trying to find a rare part and a good deal, and eventually getting neither. i was not going to buy anything for my car for christmas except for the bezel and concentrate on other peoples gifts, but i am glad that i didn't buy the 2000 dollar veilside kit from him.
Old 01-06-03, 07:10 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

As you know (but perhaps not other members) I am in the same boat. I think I've been waiting even longer.

I've tried contacting him but no luck. I've even started trying to contact other members of his website via phone call, but they will not respond to that either.

I was promised the bezel before the new year, and I never received one. I haven't received my money back either.

There is a phone number listed on his website, and before the large make over, he posted his phone number there as well. If nothing is being done about this, then perhaps we can pool our resources and get the authorities involved. With a website and phone numbers I'd imagine it couldn't be difficult to locate him, or one of his business partners.

I look at the website, and its improving. They are doing work for this thing, so I can't understand why it is they'd throw it all away with deceit. Doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking its just poor business practice.

Anyways, for those involved, please keep me updated with what goes on, and I will too.

Tim
Old 01-07-03, 02:23 AM
synco357
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default chrome bezzel

gentlemen,
i am sorry to hear about the missunderstanding ,but i also pm with the info...and still know responce....it would be very unfortunate it someine does a O.J. on him...like firball said 50.00 isn`t alot but it adds up...where is the honesty...
it the principle of the matter..
lexdubb, if i were you i`ll come clean...refund the mans`money!!!
Old 01-07-03, 03:03 AM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Default Information Gathering...

All,

If you have had any dealings with Lexdub99, please post a response here. I'd like to get a PM to you so that we can exchange phone numbers and other information about this.

I figure we'd have force in numbers when we want to get authorities involved here.

www.meccaperformance.com is the website listed in his profile. Drew is his name, and (203) 776-4227 is a phone number posted on the website (no personal number).
Mecca Ent Vip Auto Detailing
335 Norton St
NEW HAVEN, CT 06511
203-776-4227
(41.317431, -72.946009) For those with maps (I'm having a hard time finding out if that is residential or commercial).
Is the address associated to that phone number.

I realize $50 is not a lot of money, but as stated before, its the principle. I'd like to see something happen here. I'm a very patient person, and I've been nice enough. I don't like thieves and cheats. I can't imagine it would be very difficult to contact local law enforcement and send them to that address...

When I get more information, I will contact that number (again) and inform them that law enforcement has been contacted (maybe THEN I'll get a response???) and we can know for sure if the Drew listed on the website is the same Drew that is stealing from us, and whether or not we'll get some resolution to this...I hate that it had to come to this...

Tim
Old 01-07-03, 05:23 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck guys. Club Lexus is such a great community of owners. I hate seeing fellow members being taken advantage of. I guess this experience shows you can't be too trusting when buying from strangers.
Old 01-07-03, 12:12 PM
virtualinsanity
Rookie

Default me too

Yeah I also paid $50. Funny how I heard about this when the price was 25 plus 5 for shipping. He raised the price to 45 about a few weeks later and then I still went ahead and paid for it. I don't want to assume but it's upsetting that the money has been sent and no word even is given on when to expect the part. That's very poor business practice. Regardless, I hope I get the part eventually...if not I'd be interested in helping in getting to the bottom of this. We are lucky to have the cars we drive and we chose to customize them in our own ways but we should not be cheated out of money for that.
-Thomas
Old 01-07-03, 12:35 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mecca Enterprises Vip Auto

Here

Last edited by Daddy-O; 01-07-03 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-07-03, 01:18 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Default Re: me too

Originally posted by virtualinsanity
Yeah I also paid $50. Funny how I heard about this when the price was 25 plus 5 for shipping. He raised the price to 45 about a few weeks later and then I still went ahead and paid for it. I don't want to assume but it's upsetting that the money has been sent and no word even is given on when to expect the part. That's very poor business practice. Regardless, I hope I get the part eventually...if not I'd be interested in helping in getting to the bottom of this. We are lucky to have the cars we drive and we chose to customize them in our own ways but we should not be cheated out of money for that.
-Thomas
When did you send the money?

I paid early-mid November...I've been waiting long enough with barely any word. There have never been any updates. All info I've received, I've had to hunt him down and ask...not too good.

Tim
Old 01-07-03, 07:24 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

His last log on was the 3rd of Jan...(to CL)

And I'm trying to reach him via cell...

Tim
Old 01-07-03, 07:47 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Angry dang

sorry to hear that someone else prob has fallen victim. I would be taking a trip to connecticut if i would have purchased a body kit and not received it. let me know anything, thanks bryan
Old 01-07-03, 09:13 PM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

Default You've got to be careful....

Maybe this guy is legit (I hope he is), but I must tell you, I was skeptical when I saw his ad for the bezel. Knowing how hard they are to come by, I thought to myself "where would he be able to get them?" Did he ever explain how/why he had one/them for sale? Maybe he didn't want to reveal his source, but it just didn't make sense to me.

Personally, I would very cautious doing business with someone unless they have a fairly long history here at CL (includes my Rookie self, BTW) and demonstrate rappor with several other members (you see this often here, guys meeting up on weekends, etc). You should always check references. Ebay feedback is a good start, if they participate.

Limited supply/high demand items are a great lure for fraudulent transactions. The buyer thinks he has to react fast and oftentimes won't ask challenging questions, b/c he feels the seller will view him as a pain in the a$$, and just sell it to someone else.

Not criticizing anyone in particular, but you have to ask yourself if these things make sense. I saw an auction on eBay for a 1998 Skyline engine. The seller said he couldn't bring the car home from Japan b/c of legalities, so he took out the eng and junked the rest. You could buy it for $2K. Yah, that makes sense. Do a search under "Completed Items" and see for yourself.

I hope you guys all get your parts, but in the future, be very careful. We work hard for our money, and that's the only way to get it.
Old 01-07-03, 09:32 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah ,he tried to scam me on the bezel for $50 and the Greddy front lip for $170. I had a funny feeling this would happen, so I DID NOT buy from him.

I would hate to have to spend $200+ for a plane ticket just to check on my stuff. But it would be well worth it.

*Oh yeah, he tried to get me to use PayPal so I "wouldn't get scammed" by anyone. He is just asking for an unexpected customer to drop in and casually THROW DOWN on his a$$! No questions asked.

Last edited by 400DGRZ; 01-07-03 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-08-03, 12:52 AM
BlvdKing
Driver

Default Chrome bezel

I was also very interested in the chrome bezel! He contacted me through PM on 1-03-02 like everything was normal. He said he had orders for 20 and they would be in that week. Hope he is just very bad at communication The area code for his shop does come from Connecticut if that means anything. Best of luck to all of you who sent money

Quick Reply: purchased chrome bezel