WTT: My (red) maple wood trim for your Grey maple wood trim...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-08, 07:53 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Out of curiosity, what color wood was available for 06-08 model steering wheels?????
Red maple. Like the only red wood available for the '06-'08s...
Old 10-23-08, 07:22 PM
BryanLexIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am picking up my Starfire/Black 2009 IS 250 on sunday... the grey wood almost stopped me from buying an IS completely which is a bummer beacuse I love everything about the 2009 except the wood color change. I saw that and I was like I waited for that! A swap for the red maple is exactly what i'm looking to do!!! Let me know ASAP because I cannot stand the Grey! BTW the Red has to be in absolutely fantastic condition because my car will be brand new. Please email me at davis.bryan04@gmail.com and we will work out something.

Thanks!

Bryan
Old 10-23-08, 09:16 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lucky phil
Old 10-24-08, 08:11 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
lucky phil
Unfortunately, I was looking for someone local.

The search continues...
Old 10-28-08, 09:45 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

phil you freakin beat me on the WTT! i need to do a trade too! we whould have a master list. esp. for socal.
Old 11-03-08, 04:39 PM
ott1
Driver School Candidate

Is it hard to swap the center console trim out? I just picked up a new 08 is250 and I'd rather have the gray wood.
Old 11-07-08, 05:09 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

ok.. for your heads up.. the grey wood trim is not a direct replacement for our cars. i took them apart about to swap it out.. turns out.. the connectors for the doors are different sizes.. then i thought.. hey i can just swap out the wood trim it self and swap the whole connector attached to it.. but nope.. the lock button sizes are different and the window buttons arent the same... the 09's lock buttons goes horizontal while the older models goes verticle locked... and as for the 09 window controll.. its shorter then the older models in length.. so replacing this would require you to take out the door panel and swap connectors and wiring.. but idk if that would work since there is an extra wiring harness for the TURN SIGNALS.... sad news yes.. i was pissed cause i took the woodtrim out my own car and the other car to find out they don't fit at all... doesnt take that long but i guess i was just mad! i love the grey wood trim FTW
Old 11-07-08, 11:35 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M1sTa801
ok.. for your heads up.. the grey wood trim is not a direct replacement for our cars. i took them apart about to swap it out.. turns out.. the connectors for the doors are different sizes.. then i thought.. hey i can just swap out the wood trim it self and swap the whole connector attached to it.. but nope.. the lock button sizes are different and the window buttons arent the same... the 09's lock buttons goes horizontal while the older models goes verticle locked... and as for the 09 window controll.. its shorter then the older models in length.. so replacing this would require you to take out the door panel and swap connectors and wiring.. but idk if that would work since there is an extra wiring harness for the TURN SIGNALS.... sad news yes.. i was pissed cause i took the woodtrim out my own car and the other car to find out they don't fit at all... doesnt take that long but i guess i was just mad! i love the grey wood trim FTW

ouch
Old 11-10-08, 03:05 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by M1sTa801

why would you have to take off the door panel, the switches pop out with the trip, just disco the wire, and bam, it should work. OR NO??? someone needs to do a DIY.
Old 11-10-08, 03:14 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh well... LIKE I STATED. SOMEONE *cough cough* needs to come up with an overlay kit of WOOD. JUST LIKE THE CF KITS.

VENDORS ARE YOU LISTENING!!! hehe
Old 11-10-08, 07:11 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hapaboy
why would you have to take off the door panel, the switches pop out with the trip, just disco the wire, and bam, it should work. OR NO??? someone needs to do a DIY.
i was saying maybe you could swap the wiring and connectors behind the door panel.. the connectors for the windows are not the same size for a direct swap. so i was maybe thinking if you took out the door panel and got to all the wiring behind there and swap the necessary wiring maybe it would work. but idk the wiring behind the door panel (if it's diff or not cause the 09 connectors are smaller then the older model) plus theres wiring for the turn signals now too in the new 09 models. OR maybe try to just cut the connector wiring for the windows and locks, swap them and sodder them back together? but maybe its not the same.. i would assume so since they have the same function. but i didn't bother thinking any further.. i was frustrated.. it would take too much work to swap them if i really wanted it lol

btw tcho82 wood trim overlays are hideous

Last edited by Pnuge88; 11-10-08 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-12-08, 07:00 AM
gizbx4
Pole Position

i hated the wood on my 06 350 and alweys wished i could have a gray black wood like my moms BMW 545 did... when i saw the 09s i was so happy, untill i went to the parts departent of my lexus. i forgot the exact prices, but the center was over a thusand and the doors were over 600... i just remeber saying to myself who in their right mind would pay over 2500 just for the wood panels.. NOT ME !!! lol... we definitly need an aftermarket solution