NC FS: New VaisTechSL2iC

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-10, 02:00 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: New VaisTechSL2iC

Guys, I recently purchased this from Brian (brociouz) without doing my research and then realized that it will not work with my ipod (I have an older version) I'm just looking to get what I paid for it $320 shipped (dosen't include pay pal fees). Details copied from Brian's original listing below:

"I'm selling a brand new SL2iC (still sealed in the original shipping box). This is the iPod integration kit that was released just a couple of weeks ago by VaisTech. Looking for $330 shipped (so you save yourself the shipping cost and delays).

For those unfamiliar with the SL2iC, it's an iPod integration kit that uses "iPod out" functionality to display slick, Apple-rendered menus on your nav screen, instead of MP3-CD emulation which use the OEM menus. Another bonus is that the unit has destination entry while in motion and video in motion override functions built-in.

From the VaisTech website:

SL2iC our new addition to SoundLinQ2 family. It incorporates new “iPod Out” and “iPod Video Out” functionality. SL2iC offers you convenient, user friendly interface to control your iPod Touch and iPhone with iOS4+ and iPad with iOS 4.2+ from Apple. Interface looks similar to what you are used to see on your iPod, with easy and fast browsing through your music library. No more special requirements on how to set up your iPod library, no more limitations on the number of playlists, artists or albums, no more one by one browsing. With new SL2iC and “iPod Out” functionality you can start a new chapter in using iPod in the car. In addition this model allows video playback from your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad, so you can play your stored videos right on your navigation screen. To make this unit superior we have added Nav and Bluetooth unlock to allow you to use navigation system and factory Bluetooth controls while the car is in motion.

SL2iC combines three units in one for the price of one!

Key Features:

* “iPod Out” Interface
* “iPod Video Out”
* Nav/BT Unlock*
* 5V iPod/iPhone Charging (charging not available for iPad)
* Advanced noise cancelling technology
* Multi-source integration with Satellite radio
* Analog video output on the screen
* SDTV 480i/240p resolution
* True plug and play solution
* 1 Year Warranty"

Thank you.
Old 12-31-10, 02:46 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That sucks.....Time for a late Christmas gift!!! New IPOD!!!
Old 12-31-10, 02:59 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Haha yah that's the other option if it dosent sell.
Old 12-31-10, 03:57 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Awww man, sorry to hear about the hassle.

For anyone interested in this unit, it has a few "Easter Egg" features that VaisTech didn't advertise. When you have an iPhone (with iOS 4.0 or higher) connected, it will display you phone's caller ID on the nav screen when people call, including any photo you have associated with that contact. Additionally, when you get an incoming text message, it has a popup notification in the nav saying who the message is from, but not the message itself. You can also jailbreak your phone so that whatever is displayed on your iPhone is on the nav screen (although the aspect ratios can be problematic).

I'll have my SL2i-UP unit for sale soon that works with all iPods. It doesn't have the iPod Out feature though so it basically emulates MP3 CDs. I'll give you a good deal because I kinda feel bad.

GLWS!

Last edited by brociouz; 12-31-10 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-31-10, 05:07 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Brian, not your fault at all, I just got excited and didn't do my research.... Hey if nothing else its a good excuse to go buy myself a new ipod, or keep hoping that the Verizon iphone will happen soon.
Old 01-01-11, 01:56 AM
diablo2184
Pole Position

So these "easter egg features" are standard with this product if i buy straight from VaisTech? What is the difference between "ipod out" and "video out?" does this also do the same thing as the product from Prestigious Society? Let me know asap so we can make the deal. thanks, and happy new year
Old 01-01-11, 08:07 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

My understanding is that these features are standard. I am not sure on the technical difference between video out and ipod out but from what I have read the video out is what allows for the undated interface and additional features over the standard units that use a stockish interface. It has the nav override built in so you can enter destinations while moving.
Old 01-01-11, 12:10 PM
diablo2184
Pole Position

Does that mean it bypasses the video too? So I can play a movie thru the DVD player while moving or no? Thanks.
Old 01-01-11, 01:17 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

That is my understanding but I would double check the reviews from the members who have already installed it to be 100% sure.
Old 01-01-11, 02:30 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Those Easter Egg features (caller ID, text message notifications, etc.) are built into every SL2iC, they were just meant as a surprise from VaisTech.

"iPod Out" and "iPod Video Out" are the technical terms for how the data is exported from the iPod/iPhone. iPod Out is a new feature that was released with iOS 4.0 (which is why a 4.0+ equipped device is required) wherein the iPod/iPhone generates the menu/interface graphics and then exports them to your car, as opposed to exporting raw information and having the car's head unit generate the graphics. So with iPod Out you're getting Apple-generated displays and menus, as opposed to a MP3-CD emulation interface that most would consider older, ugly, and not very user-friendly.

iPod Video Out is pretty self-explanatory, it exports videos as they appear on your iPod/iPhone to the nav screen since iPod Out only does menus and interfaces. The only drawback is that with iPod Video Out you have to control the video through the iPod directly.

And yes, this unit has video and navigation overrides, so you don't need a PS override module.
Old 01-01-11, 02:46 PM
diablo2184
Pole Position

cool, thanks Brian. Very interested in this then if thats the case. Maybe this will be my Christmas present to myself.

To the OP, can you PM me a contact number? and what is your paypal?
Old 01-02-11, 12:15 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

diablo2184 --- PM sent.
Old 01-02-11, 01:49 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

All pm's replied. Lots of interest but no firm commitments yet.
Old 01-04-11, 10:30 AM
blueoc118
Driver School Candidate

pm/payment sent
Old 01-04-11, 11:35 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Omar, Payment received PM'ing you the details. Thank you --- Mods please close thread.