VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-06, 03:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts
Default Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions

I thought this thread would be educational for our members about VIP style. Let's start a 'is my ride VIP?' analysis thread. Please post your car only if your feelings won't get hurt if someone says your car is NOT VIP and you think it is.

1) Post up a picture(s) of your car (be sure to give good profiles of the wheel fittment and stance) and tell us:
2) Do you think it's VIP?
3) What VIP components do you have on the car?
4) What additional VIP lifestyle Items do you want to be considered?
5) Do you want advise or input on any planned VIP mods?

I'll start.

1) Pics of my GS in its current form.

Not at all. It's definitely grown into more of a show car than my daily driver, but it isn't VIP. It's too sporty I think to even call it remotely 'EXE' styled or American VIP. My car has gone through several iterations of looks and they've always been fairly conservative except for the setup above. While it's definitely an aggressive look, it's not dumped low enough and the aggressive look is more about speed than VIP with the big hole for the intercooler in my WIN Racing kit.. My wheel offsets are moderately agressive (I wanted them as flush as I could get without rolling or fender mods) and lips are decent sized but not anywhere near extreme.

i think only a couple of items... Junction Produce 01+ tails and a small Fusa I only use in shows. I have loads of JDM stuff (WIN bodykit, Veilside hood, Aristo sills, Ugo spoiler, Tom's mirror covers etc) but I don't think it falls into VIP category at all... opinions?

Here's a pretty recent list of stuff on my GS:
http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/GS/...od_Summary_web

I have a Junction Produce DVD, the two Hyper Rev Aristo magazines and a VIPCar catalog from 2004, lol

Not at this point. Except for the addition of a WIN rear spoiler and a couple of other minor mods, I'm pretty much done and happy with how my GS turned out. I think airrunner would be cool since I don't drive my GS all that much anymore, but if I were going to do that I would start another car from scratch.

=========================================================================
What do you guys think of my assessment? On target or am I misinformed about something?

Who is next
Old 08-08-06, 04:03 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Dave, I think you are on target with your post about your car.

Here's mine...

1) Post up a picture(s) of your car (before makeover)

The SC is definitely not a VIP car, but recently started to like the styling very much..

I would say the wheels + bodykit contribute to the "VIP style" of the car. Big faced, deep dish wheels and a nice luxurious styling bodykit...

I do not own any VIP lifestyle items...

New bodykit, air suspension, and a new set of wheels with crazier offset!
Old 08-08-06, 06:42 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by {-.-}
YOUR WAY OFF TRACK.............. Your car is VIP is it styled that way Good question??

It can be EXE or Sporty VIP........... I know which you will choose cause your like most of them like the VIP look but do NOT want to be slammed by those that dont like that style on this forum

ACleanSC4 is on the money he knows his car is NOT VIP but has done some VIPstyle that he likes to his SC.

Alot of you want to change to VIP but wont do it unless the top dogs on here do........... so you being a TOP DOG on here why dont you just say your car is VIP so the rest wont get beat up if they say thier car is VIP.

Look how long this Sub - Forum has been here alot of you I KNOW like VIP but are afraid to say it on here. DONT WORRY I will not tell on you who you are.

A VIPcar can be Mild - Wild - Exe or Sporty VIP.

I never heard that term Sporty VIP in Japan its either Mild or Wild but in the last few yrs the say Exe. Sporty VIP is a term USA is using so the guys dont get beat up for saying HEY LOOK MY CAR IS VIP.
Robert,

I really don't understand what you just said? Are you saying my car is some style of VIP? I don't think so at all... was just using it as an example to get the ball rolling on the style discussion and get people asking questions. I certainly know the GS is an acceptible platform for a true VIP car, as is the LS... and the SC, IS, etc are not but can be "VIP Styled" is that what you mean?

I also don't think there is any concern for those that like VIP not to say so.... bring it out! One of the reasons I created this forum is for people who love VIP as well as those who want to learn more about it to participate but not get attacked like they do on other forums for not knowing all the answers or even asking what they may feel are newbie questions.

This sub forum has only been open a few short weeks and hasn't been promoted at all (and won't be until after the upcoming upgrade ). We've got a lot of work to do still to put up some good starter definitions and create some galleries.

Why don't you post in it some more Start a 'what is your favorite VIP mod' post or something like that to show off your ride!
Old 08-08-06, 06:49 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Are you saying my car is some style of VIP?

If you do NOT want to say its VIP cool.

I started a thread about whats a favorite VIP Mod you have........Almost Everyone went off track on what VIP mod they want so i deleted that.

VIPcar is NOT the style its the Car in Japan what they do to it is a diffrent story. You title is your Lexus VIP.

Last edited by {-.-}; 08-14-06 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-08-06, 06:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

If you read my posts like you said then you would KNOW your car is VIP......... if you do NOT want to say its VIP cool.
I did read your post fully Robert (several times), I simply still don't understand. I'm really not trying to be difficult.

Are you talking about the basic platform of the car (Aristo/GS, Celsior/LS) being a VIP platform or something else? If your'e asking me to understand that my car is modified in a VIP style... explain to me why - that's why I created this post so folks could better understand as there is a lot of confusion even amongst the "experts" .
Old 08-08-06, 07:06 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

I did read your post fully Robert (several times), I simply still don't understand. I'm really not trying to be difficult.

Are you talking about the basic platform of the car (Aristo/GS, Celsior/LS) being a VIP platform or something else? If your'e asking me to understand that my car is modified in a VIP style... explain to me why - that's why I created this post so folks could better understand as there is a lot of confusion even amongst the "experts" .
In Japan someone says I have an LS they say oh wow you have a VIPcar.......... they dont even have to look at the car and they know its VIP.

Car clubs are about the VIPcar / platform............... so one is stock with wheels and the other is WIld all the same VIPcar
Old 08-08-06, 07:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

In Japan someone says I have an LS they say oh wow you have a VIPcar.......... they dont even have to look at the car and they know its VIP.

Car clubs are about the VIPcar / platform............... so one is stock with wheels and the other is WIld all the same VIPcar

OK gotcha, now I understand. So you'd say I have a VIP car (or two of them since I have an LS too ), but it is not modified / styled in any traditional Japanese 'VIP' fashion.

I get that right?
Old 08-08-06, 07:23 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Its more the American Version Sporty which is a word we only use on sporty cars over here NOT VIP.

So to me your car is VIP Exe or MIld still a VIPcar............... your a top dog you can post that up so the others can too.
I've always wanted a VIP car and now I've got one

Curious, what 'style' would you call an Aristo with a Win Racing II bodykit like mine in Japan (notwithstanding the wheel fittment and lowering)?
Old 08-08-06, 09:20 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dave you have a nice car.......I love that 2nd pic

good thread, hope it leads in the right direction.

I also agree with you that yours is not VIP ( true VIP car in Japan, yes (platform) ) but modified VIP, NO. although being all black, it has potentials, but the wheels and kit would have to go.
not saying that you would want to, I'm just saying

I would leave yours the way it is. beautiful.

if you went airrunner, would you consider building a hardcore VIP LS or GS?
Old 08-08-06, 09:23 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by GATO
if you went airrunner, would you consider building a hardcore VIP LS or GS?
I'd likely do an LS430 in EXE style. However, I'd likely start out with a UL using an air controller until I blew it up
Old 08-08-06, 09:39 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd likely do an LS430 in EXE style. However, I'd likely start out with a UL using an air controller until I blew it up

Yes, I too have been looking into starting a LS430................probably more toward the end of the year when I finish the GS...

I too would have to opt for the UL package.....I've been eyeing some dark blue ones with tan..........I'd do a simple kit like the DUCE or the Aimgain and maybe some Leon hardritt ritter's or I've been feeling the diamond cut lexior

like the ones on this 2000
sorry off topic
Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-top_ga_02.jpg  
Old 08-09-06, 09:33 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a VIPcar with some Japanese Parts, but it is FAR from the VIPcar tuning they do in Japan from the photos and threads I read.

I eventually want to build a replica of the Anceltion Car. pictured below.

My car is looking similar to it, but not quite there yet...I just need to get the parts...
My car pic below:

dangit..I need MORE TIME... I wish I could just FLY to japan and order it direct..

Mike

P.S. Here WAS my 01 LS with the Air Controller installed..this is just cruising ride height and not dumped...

and when it was DUMPED all the way on Stockies..

Last edited by FLIPPU; 08-09-06 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-09-06, 11:25 AM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

I thought it could go lower?

I too am thinking of switching to an LS430...
Old 08-09-06, 04:16 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

) Post up a picture(s) of your car (be sure to give good profiles of the wheel fittment and stance) and tell us:

sorry my car is so dirty..
Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-mvc-005s.jpg  
Old 08-09-06, 04:18 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

side shot........
Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-mvc-002s.jpg  

Quick Reply: Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions