GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Extreme Dimensions Front Facia

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-11, 05:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Extreme Dimensions Front Facia

Just wanted to know what you guys think of it. Kinda makes the GS look like an IS but I don't think it's bad. It grows on me the more I see it.

Last edited by Ice350; 12-11-11 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-09-11, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

read my sig, that's all i will say, particularly the 3rd and 4th line
Old 12-10-11, 09:54 AM
benbuilt4u
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't see the pic
Old 12-10-11, 11:34 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
+1 (10 char min)
Old 12-10-11, 04:13 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

All I can say is this company stole my pictures for their advertisement of fake ings+1 kit...
Old 12-11-11, 02:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Not sure what you mean.
First, the pic didn't load so you don't know which front I'm talking about.
Second, if you're trying to insinuate there is something wrong with the quality of FRP kits then you are mistaken. I've looked at several kits since I'm in the market. Several JDM kits are made of FRP but they cost a lot more than Extreme Dimensions stuff. My autobody tech swear by FRP and that's good enough for me.
I know that polyurethane is better because it is much more flexible but this FRP stuff is way better than the old fiberglass that was heavy and hard to work with and cracked easily.

If you are talking about the "knock-off" statements in your sig I don't pay that any attention. So many companies make stuff that looks similar and because you say something doesn't make it authoritative.

You paid good money for the Job Design kit on your GS. Then you let us know how hard it was to fit properly on your car. My techs installed the FRP kit right on my car with no problem at all. Every JDM wheel I've had peeled, cracked, leaked or bent. The wheels I have now were made in America and they are holdiong up well. JDM is good for sitting around bragging about how much you paid, how long it took to arrive but downplaying all the problems. Been there....done that.

So, you're gonna have to be more clear about your comments.

I say none of this with a bad attitude....I would love to have some dialogue about it.

Last edited by Ice350; 12-11-11 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-11-11, 02:24 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Great point Reggie. I can see why have come to the conclusion you have and are exploring your options. As for what I think of how it looks, post a pic so I can see what exactly you're talking about!
Old 12-11-11, 04:55 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Not sure what you mean.
Second, if you're trying to insinuate there is something wrong with the quality of FRP kits then you are mistaken. I've looked at several kits since I'm in the market. Several JDM kits are made of FRP but they cost a lot more than Extreme Dimensions stuff. My autobody tech swear by FRP and that's good enough for me.
I know that polyurethane is better because it is much more flexible but this FRP stuff is way better than the old fiberglass that was heavy and hard to work with and cracked easily.

If you are talking about the "knock-off" statements in your sig I don't pay that any attention. So many companies make stuff that looks similar and because you say something doesn't make it authoritative.

You paid good money for the Job Design kit on your GS. Then you let us know how hard it was to fit properly on your car. My techs installed the FRP kit right on my car with no problem at all. Every JDM wheel I've had peeled, cracked, leaked or bent. The wheels I have now were made in America and they are holdiong up well. JDM is good for sitting around bragging about how much you paid, how long it took to arrive but downplaying all the problems. Been there....done that.

I say none of this with a bad attitude....I would love to have some dialogue about it.
I total agree with you...if a knock-off looks good ill rock it. I have a JOBDESIGN HYBRID KIT and fitment was garbage....if extreme demensions needs a car for SEMA 2012 let me know i was a JOBDESIGN CAR for sema 2010...ill rock your kit extreme demensions
Old 12-11-11, 05:49 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mesca
Great point Reggie. I can see why have come to the conclusion you have and are exploring your options. As for what I think of how it looks, post a pic so I can see what exactly you're talking about!
Pic added to 1st post.
It's fuzzy but I can't help that. Maybe a photoshop expert can clean it up.

To me it reminds me of the IS cars but I kinda like it.

I can't call it a knock-off cause I don't see another front facia that looks just like it.
Old 12-11-11, 06:11 PM
benbuilt4u
Lead Lap

Not feeling that front, but I will say I'm not gonna but a job design kit for 4k then pay 1k to make it fit cause they don't make a quality fitting kit. Although my wald kit fit flawless I bought it used and would never pay retail I'd buy a knock off first gonna get damaged anyway
Old 12-11-11, 07:34 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by alwayzspeedin
I total agree with you...if a knock-off looks good ill rock it. I have a JOBDESIGN HYBRID KIT and fitment was garbage....if extreme demensions needs a car for SEMA 2012 let me know i was a JOBDESIGN CAR for sema 2010...ill rock your kit extreme demensions
ballers always looking for hand outs lol
Old 12-12-11, 12:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Not sure what you mean.

no problem, you are entitled to your opinions and i am entitled to mine. whether you listen or not is none of my business. i am here to express my feelings and opinions on things, i never try to educate or be argumentative.

on extreme dimension, i would never even bother to look at the picture, because from a moral point of view i will never deal with them period. would i ever deal with "thieves"? sorry but the answer is no. and yes they STOLE people's designs, pictures, and the list goes on. to me that's enough reason to deny the company as a whole, end of story. if you or anyone else let that pass your moral judgment sure go ahead. in no place did i say my words are authoritative, i simply made a comment.

next, no need to school me on poly vs fiber glass or frp. i have dealt with a lot of body kits myself, fiber glass, frp, poly, abs, factory, etc... and actually i did the work myself in the garage to learn about the details and processes behind, so i know very well the pros and cons between all of them. at the same time, not trying to put anyone down at all, but just because a tech say anything doesn't really impress me anymore. i have seen tons of great techs, but at the same time i have also seen tons of horrible techs.

everything has their goods and bads. frp is good because it's light, flexible, and very easy to modify / work with on fitment. but it cracks pretty easily. poly is awesome on going against cracking, but making it fit is a total pita. fiber glass you can make it thick and strong, but it's not flexible and it can get heavy fast.

and if you want to really get into talk about fitment and jdm vs usdm or whatever-dm? let me shed some lights. everything is about craftsmanship and details, and you can also add in the factor luck.

my job design kit, i got it used which means it was fitted on another car before. installing and uninstalling kits like this can potentially change its form affecting next fitment. that could be why it didn't fit well on my car. tim said his job design fit bad on this car and i know he got his kit new (yes, i know a lot of info). but you know what, i know of a ls460 with job design kit and a ls430 with job design kit, they fit perfectly right out of the box.

moving to wald let's say? i have seen 3 wald kits fitting on to the sc430 before. 2 fit perfect and 1 (used kits) had gaps. the wald kit i had on my ls460l? it fit fabulously.

so what does this tell us? your assumption of jdm sux and other-dm good doesn't always apply. bottom line is you can run into anything and it's up to the shop to get it right. the shop is always the key.

ALL wheels can bend. i don't care if it's cast or forged, if it's jdm or usdm, you hit it right and it will bend. that's just physics. all your previous jdm wheels bent doesn't add any more value to jdm vs other-dm than just your personal experience. and when did i ever say jdm is "better" anyway? i had hre wheels on my gs400, i like my wheels. i have only said i would go for originals, not knock offs. HUGE difference there

i don't want / need to go into another tiring debate of knock offs and the moral behind it. people go do what they think fit. some people (not particular against you) just go for whatever "deals" they can find. money is first priority to them. sure, it's their lives and money. but for me? i do what i think is right by my standard. i am not the cleanest guy in the world, but at least i try. sure i would love to be able to save thousands, but i am not going to "sell myself out". i drive s550, i can't justify the money to get the amg body kits. what do i do? i just drive my car as is. i am not going to buy the knock offs from ED just because they are thousands cheaper.

but as you said, you don't pay attention to the whole knock off thing, so feel free to ignore what i said, i am completely fine and i don't take it offensively. however at the same time i still continue to say what i think is right.

i am only replying here because i feel you were challenging my knowledge on body kit manufacturing processes and your total misunderstanding between knock offs and jdm, so i feel that needs correction. i never said anything about jdm, i never said jdm is superior, and for all i care i never hide anything about jdm if they have problems. only poseurs do that. and it's absolutely wrong if you are trying to say jdm is inferior. there are good and bad stuff from everywhere

for viewing pleasure, i went on google and did some quick search:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/04-06-l...imensions.html

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=164611.0

http://www.3si.org/forum/f119/extrem...flawed-477716/

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...ons-sucks.html

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho....php?p=3765216

http://forums.nicoclub.com/extreme-d...s-t449418.html

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/198785-extr...its-sucks.html

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=170691

i stopped after that.
Old 12-12-11, 03:33 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

i love how people ask for opinions then get butt hurt when someone gives an opinion that they dont like
Old 12-12-11, 04:03 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,294 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Guys back on topic about the kit and not the people posting in the thread please
Old 12-12-11, 06:32 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

no problem, you are entitled to your opinions and i am entitled to mine. whether you listen or not is none of my business. i am here to express my feelings and opinions on things, i never try to educate or be argumentative.

on extreme dimension, i would never even bother to look at the picture, because from a moral point of view i will never deal with them period. would i ever deal with "thieves"? sorry but the answer is no. and yes they STOLE people's designs, pictures, and the list goes on. to me that's enough reason to deny the company as a whole, end of story. if you or anyone else let that pass your moral judgment sure go ahead. in no place did i say my words are authoritative, i simply made a comment.

next, no need to school me on poly vs fiber glass or frp. i have dealt with a lot of body kits myself, fiber glass, frp, poly, abs, factory, etc... and actually i did the work myself in the garage to learn about the details and processes behind, so i know very well the pros and cons between all of them. at the same time, not trying to put anyone down at all, but just because a tech say anything doesn't really impress me anymore. i have seen tons of great techs, but at the same time i have also seen tons of horrible techs.

everything has their goods and bads. frp is good because it's light, flexible, and very easy to modify / work with on fitment. but it cracks pretty easily. poly is awesome on going against cracking, but making it fit is a total pita. fiber glass you can make it thick and strong, but it's not flexible and it can get heavy fast.

and if you want to really get into talk about fitment and jdm vs usdm or whatever-dm? let me shed some lights. everything is about craftsmanship and details, and you can also add in the factor luck.

my job design kit, i got it used which means it was fitted on another car before. installing and uninstalling kits like this can potentially change its form affecting next fitment. that could be why it didn't fit well on my car. tim said his job design fit bad on this car and i know he got his kit new (yes, i know a lot of info). but you know what, i know of a ls460 with job design kit and a ls430 with job design kit, they fit perfectly right out of the box.

moving to wald let's say? i have seen 3 wald kits fitting on to the sc430 before. 2 fit perfect and 1 (used kits) had gaps. the wald kit i had on my ls460l? it fit fabulously.

so what does this tell us? your assumption of jdm sux and other-dm good doesn't always apply. bottom line is you can run into anything and it's up to the shop to get it right. the shop is always the key.

ALL wheels can bend. i don't care if it's cast or forged, if it's jdm or usdm, you hit it right and it will bend. that's just physics. all your previous jdm wheels bent doesn't add any more value to jdm vs other-dm than just your personal experience. and when did i ever say jdm is "better" anyway? i had hre wheels on my gs400, i like my wheels. i have only said i would go for originals, not knock offs. HUGE difference there

i don't want / need to go into another tiring debate of knock offs and the moral behind it. people go do what they think fit. some people (not particular against you) just go for whatever "deals" they can find. money is first priority to them. sure, it's their lives and money. but for me? i do what i think is right by my standard. i am not the cleanest guy in the world, but at least i try. sure i would love to be able to save thousands, but i am not going to "sell myself out". i drive s550, i can't justify the money to get the amg body kits. what do i do? i just drive my car as is. i am not going to buy the knock offs from ED just because they are thousands cheaper.

but as you said, you don't pay attention to the whole knock off thing, so feel free to ignore what i said, i am completely fine and i don't take it offensively. however at the same time i still continue to say what i think is right.

i am only replying here because i feel you were challenging my knowledge on body kit manufacturing processes and your total misunderstanding between knock offs and jdm, so i feel that needs correction. i never said anything about jdm, i never said jdm is superior, and for all i care i never hide anything about jdm if they have problems. only poseurs do that. and it's absolutely wrong if you are trying to say jdm is inferior. there are good and bad stuff from everywhere

for viewing pleasure, i went on google and did some quick search:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/04-06-l...imensions.html

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=164611.0

http://www.3si.org/forum/f119/extrem...flawed-477716/

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...ons-sucks.html

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho....php?p=3765216

http://forums.nicoclub.com/extreme-d...s-t449418.html

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/198785-extr...its-sucks.html

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=170691

i stopped after that.
Certainly a mouth full. You really feel strongly about this knock-off thing don't you?
The only thing that really bothers me about the comments is that if I had called a clublexus vendor "thieves" Dave would be reaming me out right now. I think that's too strong but you have the right to feel anyway you choose.

The kit I pictured above, I don't think its a copy of anyone else. At least I don't think so. I'm not even sure I like it. I posted it for opinions because I thought looks like the 2IS.

In the end, I didn't have any problems with my knock-off kit until I smashed it at 85 mph. Before that it took a beating but held up well. It fit right on the car with no problems. It's good enough that I will replace the front because it got smashed but the sides and rear are staying on.

I have spent a lot of money customizing my cars. I try to save money if I can but not at the expense of it lookling cheezy or cheap. No one has said my car looked cheap. Some have reacted negatively after I told them the cost of the kit. They were surprised it looked so nice. As long as it looks nice, I'm good. I certainly don't care that ED copies more well known designs. Engine parts, wheels, brakes....something mechanical is different. I want that to be top notch. A bodykit just needs to fit right and look good.

I have no personal problem with you feeling the way you do. I have always respected your opinions and will continue to do so. i also think of you as a really cool guy.

You're the one who opened this can of worms, though.

Quick Reply: Extreme Dimensions Front Facia