IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Pic Request: ISF with CF splitters

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-12, 02:26 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic Request: ISF with CF splitters

does any1 happen to have pics of this look...tryna debate if this is th eroute i wanna go..

much appreciated!
Old 02-25-12, 03:03 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i wouldn't recommend them as a member on here has already experience the splitter coming off due to high speeds. if u do get them, take it easy on the road.
Old 02-25-12, 04:52 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
i wouldn't recommend them as a member on here has already experience the splitter coming off due to high speeds. if u do get them, take it easy on the road.
im usualy just cruising, but i heard he had the frp one and the real cf ones arent as flimsy?
Old 02-25-12, 06:16 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LiLS
im usualy just cruising, but i heard he had the frp one and the real cf ones arent as flimsy?
that's my impression as well... but just from reading here... no first hand experience. I've seen some pics somewhere, but the search function on this site sucks....
Old 02-25-12, 06:34 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just installed one today on my car.. when installing it i slap on a big washer along with the screw to insure it nicely tight and have more support.

Old 02-25-12, 06:42 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

sweeet bro! my cars white too got any more pics of how the front end and side looks?

and did u get the actual carbon one?
Old 02-25-12, 06:51 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

i believe its abs over lay with CF. I will get more pic tomorrow.
Old 02-25-12, 07:36 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

I had these and they will be stable as long as you mount them well. I used bolts with lock nuts on the upper side. I bet I could almost stand on them as they were no way going anywhere at any speed. Make sure you use large fender type washers in the underside as well to distribute the pressure. I used four bolts on each one. I since changed to a slightly different style but mounted the same. It is a little tough to do this on the upper side as it is tight in that area. You will need to take a few screws out of the bottom cover to gain access.
Old 02-25-12, 08:18 PM
xjason
Driver

Looks very clean. Where did you buy them?
Old 02-25-12, 11:13 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obby
i just installed one today on my car.. when installing it i slap on a big washer along with the screw to insure it nicely tight and have more support.

wow looks good
Old 02-26-12, 02:38 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFSteve
I had these and they will be stable as long as you mount them well. I used bolts with lock nuts on the upper side. I bet I could almost stand on them as they were no way going anywhere at any speed. Make sure you use large fender type washers in the underside as well to distribute the pressure. I used four bolts on each one. I since changed to a slightly different style but mounted the same. It is a little tough to do this on the upper side as it is tight in that area. You will need to take a few screws out of the bottom cover to gain access.
thanks for the info where did u buy yours at?
Old 02-26-12, 09:33 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Here you go.
http://www.autotecknic.com/product_p/un-0001.htm
Old 02-26-12, 10:51 AM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LiLS
thanks for the info where did u buy yours at?
I believe it was the link that someone already posted on the thread. I currently have ones that flare up on the sides. The splitters ( even though universal fit) fit the design of the bumper very well and look like they were made for it. Some versions of the splitter shown are not finished on the bottom and there is a brand that is finished on both sides. If you consider a purchase, I would look for the version that is finished on both sides as it is a nice smooth finish on the bottom and if you happen to lightly scrape the bottom, they will hold up better than the one that is not finished on the bottom side due to a sharp edge.
Old 02-26-12, 10:56 AM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by boostftw
wow looks good
I think they look great as well. If you only use a washer with a screw rather than a bolt with a lock nut, I would strongly suggest you changing it as it will not hold up to wind pressure or a bump very long. The ABS underneath the bumper is not strong enough to hold the screw over time.
Old 02-26-12, 12:34 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFSteve
I believe it was the link that someone already posted on the thread. I currently have ones that flare up on the sides. The splitters ( even though universal fit) fit the design of the bumper very well and look like they were made for it. Some versions of the splitter shown are not finished on the bottom and there is a brand that is finished on both sides. If you consider a purchase, I would look for the version that is finished on both sides as it is a nice smooth finish on the bottom and if you happen to lightly scrape the bottom, they will hold up better than the one that is not finished on the bottom side due to a sharp edge.
hmm ill email the link above and ask them....do you have pics of yours bro?

where in tx are ya!? im over here in austin but im in houston alot too

Quick Reply: Pic Request: ISF with CF splitters