Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Interior protectant for light colored interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-23, 06:34 AM
ontheroad
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Interior protectant for light colored interior

Hey guys. I have a immaculate interior LS tan and am looking at winter and want to protect kick panels and lower carpeted area. Leather would also be nice to protect. I dont want to risk ruining the leather or fabric but wonder if anyone has a subjection to protect the interior of the car so it doesn't devolupes stains.
Old 09-28-23, 10:37 AM
ontheroad
Intermediate

OK so I got weiman leather conditioning wipes and will report back. Still need to protect cloth in foot wells which I may be going for scotch guard for.
Old 09-29-23, 06:19 AM
autotech13
Advanced

Received 197 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ontheroad
Hey guys. I have a immaculate interior LS tan and am looking at winter and want to protect kick panels and lower carpeted area. Leather would also be nice to protect. I dont want to risk ruining the leather or fabric but wonder if anyone has a subjection to protect the interior of the car so it doesn't devolupes stains.
All leather is dyed and clear coated today. What I've been doing is mixing Woolite and distilled water, that keeps the seats clean, even when you have jean stains. Putting any kind of leather conditioner only stays on the surface of the seats and then it get smeared and gets on your clothes. Plus the seats begin to look shinny which looks lousy.
The following users liked this post:
CaliSunShine (01-01-24)
Old 09-29-23, 10:33 AM
ontheroad
Intermediate

Right on thanks. I did read about the 10:1 woolite to water cleaning method and will try on small spot somewhere you can't see it.

I believe the issue Im having is my UL is equipped with Ecru leather. I have a small stain on my glove box that didnt come out which is rather frustrating as all other leather I had had a protective plastic coating on it and I never had to do anything to it.

It seems the Ecru needs some protectant as stains are seeping into pores or leather, like Lexol, 303 leather protectant. Lexol as a spray on cleaner and conditioner I was thinking of getting so there would be minimal rubbing or wiping.
Old 09-30-23, 06:09 AM
autotech13
Advanced

Received 197 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ontheroad
Right on thanks. I did read about the 10:1 woolite to water cleaning method and will try on small spot somewhere you can't see it.

I believe the issue Im having is my UL is equipped with Ecru leather. I have a small stain on my glove box that didnt come out which is rather frustrating as all other leather I had had a protective plastic coating on it and I never had to do anything to it.

It seems the Ecru needs some protectant as stains are seeping into pores or leather, like Lexol, 303 leather protectant. Lexol as a spray on cleaner and conditioner I was thinking of getting so there would be minimal rubbing or wiping.
Maybe you might want to try some all purpose cleaner and see what happens. Start with mixing it with water then add more cleaner if needed.
Old 10-01-23, 07:25 AM
ontheroad
Intermediate

Originally Posted by autotech13
Maybe you might want to try some all purpose cleaner and see what happens. Start with mixing it with water then add more cleaner if needed.
Thanks, I think I may get lexol but I have Brickmore leather cleaner also. My worry is the Ecru leather and stories here of people saying cleaners will take it off.

I also want to find something to prevent stains in the future. Ecru is odd as normal leather has a plastic coating which usually makes it rather impervious to stains. Like 303 leather protectant.