Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Leather Creases and Fad from Car Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-24, 04:17 PM
omar33
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Leather Creases and Fad from Car Seat

I have a '23 RX with the premium plus option which includes "genuine" leather. Long story short I wish I had the leatherette option because keeping this leather in good shape has been a losing battle. As the title says, we've had a car seat installed in the rear since we got it new back in May. When I removed the car seat to put in a different car there seems to be three issues:
1) On the back cushion of the seat, the leather is quite badly stretched and there are some rub marks where the top of the car seat meets the leather. It almost looks like the leather has faded because the car seat has rubbed hard against it (even though I put a small towel there). Will the stretched leather tighten back with time?
2) On the bottom cushion, there are two square indentations in the leather. Will this also get better with time?
3) The metal hooks where the car seat latches on to, the paint is completely scratched up. Can I spray paint these latches or will it look even worse?
Old 01-03-24, 05:57 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Don't know about the backseat. With my front seat on my GS, I keep a beach towel on the base of the seat to reduce wear from seams on my jeans. I also never rub the upper seat bolster getting in and out of the car. The seat looks amazing for being 6 years old. Most people flop in and out of cars which therefore makes leather wear quickly. It's a PITA always having to straighten the towel out each time but it's been worth it since I'm OCD.
The following users liked this post:
CurtT (02-09-24)