Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Your Car Care Products

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-24, 11:58 AM
ArchieRX300
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Your Car Care Products

Greetings Friends,

What’s your favorite products to clean the interior and exterior of your car with?
-And specifically leather seats, dash, with wood trim to clean and maintain it. Also exterior rust removers for some little spots, and wheels.

I have the tan/beige seats and beside general cleaning I’d like to see if I can clean out some of the darker age lines on the front seats. I seen many 1st gen vehicles with seats in bad shape and I plan to avoid that. (I’m looking into covers as well, but I like the seats as they are). I tend to use plant base cleaners and Murphy’s oil soap. Obviously, if leather is dried out and cracked from harsher solvents along with the sun, it won’t last long..

☮️ Archie
Old 05-24-24, 08:04 AM
2GRXFTW
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I used to use Armor All for basically everything. It was pretty good stuff for a 19, 20 year old and I'm sure it's still decent for a cost-effective solution.

As I got older, I began trying other products; mainly it was Meguiars. I really like their gold class car wash, in particular. I tried Turtle Wax but I went back to the gold class.

Admittedly, I've been lazy when it comes to maintaining my cars. They don't ever look bad, I've usually been good about going to a car wash and vacuuming/wiping down dash, not eating/drinking, etc. but I could do better. I plan on a comprehensive detail inside and out since my car is going to turn over 200k miles in the next several days.

High quality wash, then a good wax. If you want the extra mile,you can get a good polish but I mean my car is 16 years old. I'm not expecting show room condition and I live in an area with considerable rain even in the summers and log trucks.

On-the-spot quick detailer. Never know when a bird is going to attack your car. This stuff comes in handy big time.

Scratch remover, wheel cleaner, tire shine.

Window cleaner for the interior.

Leather cleaner/conditioner.

Interior cleaner and protectant. Might be best to avoid multi-purpose cleaners and get one for plastics, one for vinyl surfaces, etc. There's a variety to choose from. Again I'm a big fan of Meguiar's.

All this stuff you can get from the Meguiar's line for $50-$75. Not bad and detailing your own car can be a lot of fun!

Going to do some reading on this forum about what other people have in their home kits. I'm sure there's a lot of good stuff here!

​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
ArchieRX300 (06-21-24)
Old 05-28-24, 09:38 AM
Orkboyz
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 25 Posts

The primary thing that cleans the interior surfaces of my cars is a clean, damp microfiber cloth to pick up dust. I use isopropyl alcohol on the windows. 100% leather is essentially skin, so mild soapy solution helps clean it of it needs more than a wipe down. As for suede and alcantara, my go to is Sonax alcantara and upholstery cleaner. It removes dirt and oil and after a quick brushing, returns the pile to the suede
The following 2 users liked this post by Orkboyz:
ArchieRX300 (06-21-24), autotech13 (05-29-24)