Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Chemical Guys Mess

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-24, 07:01 AM
deschutes
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Chemical Guys Mess

A relative used to work for Chemical Guys in LA, so our garage looks like a detailing shop - with bottles of most product, tools, etc. I put together an order for a few things and added in some accessories. Not a massive order - around $150.

My first disappointment was that I tried to cancel one item off the order right after it was placed. Chemical Guys customer service response was: "Once an order is submitted and in process, we are unable to cancel or make modifications". But I did have an option to return an item. Not the end of the world. When the order showed up, two of the the bottles of foam cannon product had loose caps and had leaked all over everything. It was a giant hot sticky mess of products, packaging, air pillows, etc. that also dripped all over our floor. I started to try to clean it all up and eventually said screw it and just threw everything in the garbage. I had already spent 15 minutes getting all the suds off the floor and IMO this really shouldn't be my problem to spend a bunch of time fixing. I let Chemical Guys know about the situation, we'll see what their response is.

Anyone else have good stories of detailing product messes - either from the company like mine or your own doing?