Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Scatches after Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-03, 08:06 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ranjankhan, I would call around to every detailer you can find in the phone book, local Pennysaver etc. and find someone that HAS used Zaino before. Not that it's hard to use, but it would be better to have it done by someone that understands the different approach, rather than someone just slapping it on in circular motions or not allowing it to air cure long enough etc. Just wait till someone gives you an affirmative on their past use of it, rather than someone saying " yeah- we can do it" or "we can use that if you like".

I use it on almost all my customer's cars, so you could drive to Florida and I'll do it if you like! Seriously though, good luck, I'm sure that you'll find someone out there that's been asked to use it by one of their clientel. It will look awesome on Spectra Blue. Cheers.
Old 12-19-03, 01:52 PM
1ton
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I have given up on my scratches. I did the hood from scratch again and can't seem to get the scratches out. It doesn't look like deep scratches but nothing seemed to help. I put multiple layers of the Z5.
Old 12-19-03, 04:11 PM
tfischer

Received 226 Likes on 166 Posts

Z5 (or Z-anything for that matter) will never take out scratches. There is nothing abrasive in any of the Zaino products. Z5 does have some elements that will fill very light swirl marks, but it will not remove them.

To remove swirl marks or scratches you have to use something abrasive, such as a swirl mark remover or rubbing compound or polishing compound. (These will also take off the Zaino or the wax, which you then reapply after you have taken care of the underlying problem.)

A polymer finish or wax will make many kinds of scratches or swirl marks even more visible, which may be why you notice them now more than before.

Most professional detailers know how to rub out scratches. After he is finished, either he or you can apply Zaino again, and you are set to go.

Until the next cat lands on your hood.