Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Cold Weather Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-04, 06:00 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Weather Problems!

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if I can get a little help with an issue I am having...

I live in Central New Jersey and snow happens every now and again, besides the fact of cold temperatures, (especially this year).

My vehicle sits in a driveway with no covering and is subject to some harsh weather. Unfortunately, I can not wash as much as I would like to and whenever I do wash it, I have to do it because the vehicle is lowered, so I can't even get a quick wash at a car wash.

My question is, What can I do when I can't get to washing it but road debris have enveloped the vehicle? I was thinking of using the outside hose and just rinsing her down but then I remembered that the outside water is turned off to keep the pipes from freezing with water inside. I could always bring a bucket out and do it that way, but I was just seeing if anyone had any other, quick ideas to keep it a little bit cleaner meanwhile.

Thanks!

-Anthony
Old 01-16-04, 06:32 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few gas stations around here have installed little car wash machines out near the vacuum. For a few bucks you can do a quick touchless wash and get to the dirt around the wheel wells as well. Keep your eyes open for one of these.

Actually the Chevron where I buy my gas has one of these. The next time I'm there I'll get more details.

George
Old 01-18-04, 12:23 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be on the look out !

-Anthony
Old 01-18-04, 11:14 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

I'm glad you reminded me. I went by there yesterday. Its a stainless steel box about 2x2x4 feet tall with a red plastic top. It has the same kind of long rubber hose, wand and controls as the old 25¢ ones had and it just stand out in the corner of the lot where they had some extra space. It takes a token which cost $4 and gives you 8 minutes. Seems ideal for what you want and the wand will allow you to get under and around the wheels and STAY DRY. Its at a Chevron station which also discounts 93 octane gas by 5¢ every Wednesday and Sunday.

George

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 01-18-04 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-22-04, 10:14 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

here's a product for you, it's call "Quick & Easy Wash". I personally never used before so can't say much thing about it but it's mainly for camping truck or something. Great things about this product is you don't need pre-rince your car and also no need to rinced off the car after all. and it works perfectly on cars and ideal item for cold winter like this year.

I can't stand my car either when it gets really dirty (my black car became white last week because of salty street). I use the public coin washing place like 15min away from my place but while geting back home, it gets dirty already (by driving 15min). so I wanna try this Quick & Easy Wash someday at my parking lot.

search more on this product and you'll like this!!