Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Just Ordered Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-04, 11:27 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Ordered Zaino

Man, after reading all about Zaino and seeing all the pictures of Zaino treated cars, I finally placed my order from Zaino. Can't wait...

I have a '04 Black Onyx IS300 SportCross...

after doing some research, i hope i did order the right stuff.

this is what i got:

ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-3 Show Car Polish for Regular Paint
Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
314 Zaino Bros' Custom Polish Applicator

Thanks to all you current Zaino users for the very helpful information regarding Zaino!
Old 04-08-04, 05:44 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Sounds like you got the right stuff! I just applied my first 3 coats this past weekend to my new GX 470 and the results are incredible!! Just remember to use very thin coats and use the Z6 in between coats. I used about 2 OZ for all 3 coats. Another neat thing about Zaino, it did not leave any white marks on the black trim.
Old 04-08-04, 07:54 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Glad to hear that your going with ZAINO!!! I have been using it for about 7 months and I couldn't be happier with the results.To add to what Cdefabio said make sure the paint surface is clean!!!Use dawn soap and clay your car if it's needed before you apply ZAINO..You may want to get the car wash soap in the future.Let the shine begin.....

Last edited by johnee78; 04-08-04 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-08-04, 07:28 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Yeah.. Zaino is great stuff.. you wont be dissapointed. I also use the car wash soap, it's good stuff too. I couldnt be happier with my results with Zaino, I'm sure you'll feel the same way
Old 04-08-04, 08:39 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

thanks all.

yeah, i knew i shoulda ordered the Z7...time to visit the web site. i have been using Armor All's Car Soap in the past. it's not bad...than again, i have not experienced the power of Zaino yet.

anyway, i will post some pictures, hopefully within a month, of my first ever Zaino application.
Old 04-11-04, 11:30 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just wondering why you ordered Z3 instead of Z2. I also ordered some Zaino and hopefully will see what is like to have this product on my GS.
Old 04-12-04, 06:40 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rgarjr
I'm just wondering why you ordered Z3 instead of Z2. I also ordered some Zaino and hopefully will see what is like to have this product on my GS.
well, from what i understand, Z3 is for non-clearcoat paint. Lexus chose not to use clearcoat for its black colors to reduce the chances of swirling and such.

Z2 is for clearcoat.

the zaino owner mentioned in the sticky thread that when in doubt get the Z5 which is for both.

this is my first time with zaino so i could be mistaken. if i did make a mistake, could any zaino experts clear this up please? thanks.
Old 04-12-04, 06:42 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

here's what he said from https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=106621

Ok guys and gals, there has been some confusion for some about a few of the Zaino polish products, so I took the time to make a phone call to Sal today, and tried to get the skinny on his 3 primary sealant polishes and their engineered uses. Here goes...

Z3 CAN be used on either single stage paint or clearcoat paint, no problem whatsoever. Some of the Corvette guys have been using Z3 on their cars for a while now FWIW. This I knew...

Z5 was engineereed for BOTH types.This I didn't know.

If you have Z2 and want to use it on single stage, it won't hurt it, BUT, it also won't work as well as it would on clearcoat, because Z3 has ingredients in it (emuslifiers etc.) that will not benefit clearcoat, but DO benefit the needs of any single stage paint, regardless if it's newer S/S urethane enamel, or an old car with acrylic lacquer or acrylic enamel. So...

Z2= Use on clearcoat cars for best results.

Z3=Use on single stage for best results, but also CAN be used on clearcoated cars with no problems. Sal said your eye won't tell a difference.

Z5 Can be used on either. For those that are UNSURE which paint they have , Z5 is a safe bet to use for either type paint. This did surprise me, but after all, he owns the company and knows what his chemists have done.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-18-04, 02:27 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

ummm...just finished taking pictures after putting two coats of Zaino on my car for the first time...

well, i think the photos speak for themselves. click on the photo for the larger image.

Old 04-18-04, 03:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 04-18-04, 04:50 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Absolutetly beautiful. I also just put some Zaino on for the first time and I love it. Really silky smooth finish and awesome shine.
Old 04-18-04, 05:08 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Few pics
Attached Thumbnails Just Ordered Zaino-p4180546.jpg  
Old 04-19-04, 02:15 AM
04GS300
Pole Position

I slapped on my 1st three coats of Zaino a week ago. I am very impressed so far, although I think it adds more to darker colors. I'm working on a digicam, but I'll get some pics up when I can!
Old 04-19-04, 03:13 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 04GS300
I slapped on my 1st three coats of Zaino a week ago. I am very impressed so far, although I think it adds more to darker colors. I'm working on a digicam, but I'll get some pics up when I can!
yeah i agree, darker colors, especially black, reflect much better. i was comparing the pictures i took when i first got the car versus the picture i took after zaino. the reflection (after zaino) is just so sharp and clear.

but like rgarjr said "Really silky smooth finish and awesome shine."

i could not believe how smooth the paint felt when i am buffing. it was so smooth that i gently toss one of my buffing towels on top of my roof. it just literally glided across until it got stopped by the sun roof. crazy stuff.

here's a picture of my car that i took when i was picking up my car. yeah, it of course, reflected but certainly cannot compare to the clear and sharp reflections of post-zaino paint.
Attached Thumbnails Just Ordered Zaino-prezaino.jpg  
Old 04-19-04, 04:04 AM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

how much did all the zaino products cost you and where did you get them from?

Philly

Quick Reply: Just Ordered Zaino