Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Review of Leatherique

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-04 | 06:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Default Review of Leatherique

I used the Leatherique conditioner and cleaner for the first time last weekend in my wife's car. She has a 97 Nissan Maxima SE and the leather is so hard and ugly compared to my GS's leather. I thought if it made a difference in her car (plus I wanted to get some practice using the stuff first and her car was my guinea pig! ), then it would make an even better difference in my car.

I am happy to report that it made a huge difference in her car. The leather is actually softer now and looks very good. I still have to practice some more and learn how to clean off the oil after the soaking. I left it on the seats for a good 4 - 5 hours in the sun with the windows rolled up.

I think I sprayed on too much as it took a while it clean it up afterwards.

Anybody has tips on how much is enough to spray on? Is it enough just to wet the seats and not leave extra oil sitting there in puddles? I think I put on too much at first (yes overkill is my middle name).
Old 05-23-04 | 11:45 AM
Guitarman

Hameed, I think your approach was fine. As long as you don't apply it so thick that it runs etc. that should suffice.

Part of the reason you had so much residue to cleanup is because our leathers are clear polyurethane coated on the surface, and it isn't really porous enough to allow it ALL to soak in. What is absorbed by the clear layer is sufficient to soften it. You can try spraying less and see if you get equal results of course.

Nothing that works well comes too easy, there's usually a catch. With this it's just a lot of clean-up I guess.