Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

waxing RX330

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-04, 09:53 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Question waxing

hi,any body has an idea about waxing,which brand and liquid versus paste wax.
thanks
Old 07-01-04, 03:04 PM
MellonC00
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Rejex

I don't use wax. I just use the clay bar after cleaning and apply this stuff called RejecX. This is a military product that just became available for consumer use. The shine is great but don't confuse it with polish. It will not polish your car like some other polish/wax products. It is simply a coat of shinny protectant that is shinier than anything I've used in the past.

I understand that the air force used it to protect the backsides of the fighter jets from getting jet fuel grime on the plane body. It works for me.
Old 07-01-04, 04:31 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all of your automotive detailing needs check out:

www.autopia.org
Old 07-01-04, 04:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally posted by bizzy928
For all of your automotive detailing needs check out:

www.autopia.org
Autopia is a great detailing resource. Don't forget we also have an exceptional detailing forum on ClubLexus specific to our Lexus vehicles and moderated by a professional detailer / Lexus owner (Dan - Guitartman).

I'm moving your post there
Old 07-07-04, 09:30 PM
Ditto
Pole Position

Default Re: waxing

Originally posted by shikbas
hi,any body has an idea about waxing,which brand and liquid versus paste wax.
thanks
This subject has been talked about countless times from A to Zaino Use the Search function.
Old 07-08-04, 06:23 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

My $0.02.

I wash the Lexus with a two bucket method to eliminate adding swirls to the paint.
I clay the surface whenever it doesn't feel as smooth as glass.
I wax the car with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax.

Here are a couple pics of the finish after 68 days of NXT. It still beads water very well. I've started to follow up the wash with NXT Booster Wax now after every other wash. Nice easy system and the finish looks great and feels slippery.

Old 07-08-04, 10:41 AM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Going to Zaino Brother's picture page was enough to sell me on the products. But, to each his own!

Last edited by sweetsc400; 07-08-04 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-08-04, 03:09 PM
reb
Driver School Candidate

I also clay my vehicles at least once a year. My favorite clay brand is "Clay Magic." As for wax, I do not belong to any particular cult following. I've used Meguires, Mothers, Rainex and others.... And I've had good results with all of them.

A few years ago, I purchased Zainos, for a different make/model. I honestly did not think it did more for the shine than other waxes I've tried. Some of those zainos pics are impressive, but I think the all that shine has more to do with elbow grease than anything else. In any case, I certainly did not get those results with the amount of effort I was willing to put in.

More than anything else, I think the best thing you can do for your vehicle is to just wash it on a regular basis.

Rebekah
2004 Silver RX 330

Last edited by reb; 07-09-04 at 02:50 AM.
Old 07-08-04, 05:47 PM
Ditto
Pole Position

Originally posted by reb
I also clay my vehicles at least once a year. My favorite clay brand is "Clay Magic." As for wax, I do not belong to any particular cult following. I've used Meguires, Mothers, Rainex and others.... And I've had good results with all of them.

A few years ago, I purchased Zainos, for a different make/model. I honestly did not think it did more for the shine than other waxes I've tried. The zainos pics are impressive, but I think the all that shine has more to do with elbow grease than anything else. In any case, I certainly did not get those results with the amount of effort I was willing to put in.

More than anything else, I think the best thing you can do for your vehicle is to just wash it on a regular basis.

Rebekah
2004 Silver RX 330
Zaino is great if you have a black or dark colored car. If you have a white or silver color, any wax will do. I purchased a white car because it's less maintenace when it comes to cleaning it. I just apply One Grand Wax and I'm set for 3-4 months. The same goes for the MDX. My dark green ES is a pain in the rear to clean, because after a day or two, dust will collect so visibly in our dusty roads. It seemed like I've never cleaned it in the first place.
Old 07-08-04, 10:40 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any polymer wax will work good it will give a nice shine as well as good protection from the elements