Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

KLASSE AIO vs NXT question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-04, 01:46 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KLASSE AIO vs NXT question

hi,
i've been reading posts on ppl giving lots of praise to the NXT sealant and KLASSE AIO. from what i understand NXT serves the same purpose as a pure wax and has some cleaners. I'm kind of confused about the all-in-one polish from Klasse. if i got this do i need to apply wax afterwards or is it meant to be a wax replacement too? if i need to wax, would NXT be an appropiate wax to use after the Klasse polish or should i look into a pure wax?
Old 08-06-04, 07:15 AM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

AIO is a cleaner wax. Hence AIO (All In One). It is decent but a bit shy on it's polishing ability to remove swirls and oxidation, IMHO. It's a good product much like Mother's Cleaner Wax or Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, or ColorX. I think it is a bit overpriced compared to it's competition.

NXT has some specialized cleaners but it is not a cleaner wax. It's cleaners are slight and only there to aid in getting a good bond for the polymer sealant. It is for use on new or like new paint and is considered by Meguiar's as a Last Step Product (LSP).

I personally don't care for all-in-one products as they make too many compromises to suit my tastes.

For good paint care I wash with a quality car wash using a two bucket method. I then evaluate the finish to determine what is needed. Clay, cleaner, polish, glaze or just an LSP.

Usually once a year, typically in spring, I do the works. The remainder of the year I maintain the finish by washing and renewing the wax. Meguiar's has a particularly convenient and effective product that works well for me called NXT Tech Booster Wax. I simply wash and dry the car then spray some booster wax on an applicator and apply it very, very thin. Buff it off with a micro fiber towel and the wax is refreshed so that it looks and feels like new. Takes about 20-30 minutes.

The nice thing about this process is that dirt doesn't stick to fresh wax so the car stays cleaner longer.

For discrete paint care products I use these;
Wash - NXT Tech Wash
Clay - Meguiar's Quik Clay Kit (Clay is highly underrated even on new cars.)
Paint Cleaner - Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner(MPPC) or Meguiar's Deep Crystal #1
Polish - Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze, #81 Professional Hand Polish or Meguiar's Deep Crystal #2
Wax - NXT Tech Wax (a polymer sealant - apply two coats 24 hours apart)
Maintenance - NXT Tech Booster Wax.

For reference, here is what the process looks like on a 1991 MR2.

Last edited by jfelbab; 08-10-04 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-06-04, 02:33 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man. the info really cleared up some things for me. even though i've heard good things about klasse's polish, the all-in-one thing really confused me a bit on what exactly its strenghts are.
it seems to me you're a really big meguiars fan. i'll definitely look into the products you use. clay bar is something i think i'll be getting.
really digging the mr2 man. looks like it came right off the showroom.
Old 08-06-04, 03:06 PM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by no2faber
thanks man. the info really cleared up some things for me. even though i've heard good things about klasse's polish, the all-in-one thing really confused me a bit on what exactly its strenghts are.
it seems to me you're a really big meguiars fan. i'll definitely look into the products you use. clay bar is something i think i'll be getting.
really digging the mr2 man. looks like it came right off the showroom.
Meguiar's fan I am, but the process is the important thing. Once you develop the process you can achieve stunning results with a lot of manufacturers products. I like Meguiars as they have diverse and widely available products and they have a money back guarantee on their products which I've never had to use.

Thank you for the compliment. The MR2 has 130,000 miles on it and was a daily driver for 12 of it's 14 years. It's a garage queen now. It survived it's 14 years without as much as a door ding.
Old 08-06-04, 07:54 PM
exceldetail
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Klasse AIO, is an excellent AIO product. It removes oxidation very well, but does little to swirls and scratches due to its chemical composition, it is not an abrasive polish by nature. By far superior IMO to Meg's #20. I can also guarantee, 1x of AIO, will outlast 1X of #20. AIO, is an acrylic polymer, as opposed to water based poly. Its durability factor is well established in the auto detailing world. Its twin product is Klasse SG (Sealant Glaze), unsurpassed for durability but a little sterile in the optic dept.
AIO, and NXt is a very good combination, it will give the cleaning that NXT cant, and additional durability under that NXT !