Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Where to by Meguiars NXT wax?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-04, 11:21 AM
BigD026
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where to by Meguiars NXT wax?

I know the obvious place to buy NXT wax>>...their webpage...but i wanted to pick some up locally and last week..I checked Autozone, Advanced Auto and Walmart for the NTX and couldn't find it anywhere.

Anyone know where i can pick it up locally?
BIGd
Old 08-09-04, 11:24 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Hmmm, they have it at my local Advance Auto
Old 08-09-04, 11:35 AM
BigD026
Pit Crew

Advanced Auto has a good selection of waxes in comparsion to Napa, autozone and walmart... All i saw that was close was the yellow wax...I wanted to hold out and try the NTX..I'll ask them today..
Thanks,
BIGd
Old 08-09-04, 01:00 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They had them here in NorCal at Walmart. Best price too. Maybe I was just lucky when I came in.
Old 08-09-04, 05:23 PM
BigD026
Pit Crew

I went to Advanced Auto this afternoon....I looked for 5-10mins..i saw they had some NTX products but not the wax..i grabbed one of the quick spray wax...to ask the guy at the counter for the real wax....but then i saw a full display rack at the register...they didn't put any NTX wax in the Wax section..they put it all out on a display rack by the register...
I gotta try it out this week..do i need to strip my old wax off now or just apply over it.?

BIGd

Last edited by BigD026; 08-09-04 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-11-04, 11:01 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Got mine at Target.
(Only using it on the wife's RX, came up awesome -
but still Zaino on the GS.)
Old 08-11-04, 11:57 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by engin_ear
Got mine at Target.
(Only using it on the wife's RX, came up awesome -
but still Zaino on the GS.)
Haha. That is too funny. I use NXT on my car only on my wheels since I don' t want to mix a batch of Zaino every time I clean my wheels (which I actually clean more than my car).

BUT, I use NXT on my wife's MDX and love it. I still use Zaino on my GS.

I'm starting to like the ease of use of the NXT though. I'm not sure what I'll do once this batch of Zaino runs out.
Old 08-15-04, 02:23 PM
kutscher
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am wondering how ong the NXT will last. It does not seem as durable as zaino. I only used zaino on my GS, but on the new tahoe I am trying the NXT. I have put 4 coats on it, we will see how this lasts. I guess the repeat coats is my zaino heart talking. It does go on/off easy and really shead the water.
E
Old 08-15-04, 06:22 PM
95BlackSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i couldnt find the liquid or paste at my local advance, so i picked up the spray. Amazing product for the ease of use, great for just a quick in-between wax
Old 08-22-04, 07:04 PM
noosense00
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which Meguairs was is actually better.....the NXT or the Gold class?
Old 08-23-04, 03:01 PM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have actually seen really good results if you use the NXT first, and then about 24 to 72 hours later, putting on a layer of the Yellow, or Gold class. You can always do a 2nd coat of the NXT. It works great!
Old 09-02-04, 06:31 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

a fellow member put me on 2 the NXT and i've been hooked ever since, i got my liquid wax and spray wax at walmart, u hear these stories about how great the other stuff is mainly zaino by the time u get doen with a mixing,spreading,and than wipeing off the zaino u could probably do 3 coats of nxt...i use it on the car, wheels,lips and engine pieces. shoot i even use it on the windows and it leaves them clean and clear with no film left over...i used 2 use regulaer 2 step polish from maguires than i did the gold class and tried zaino but i wanted something easier that actually worked good and i found it in nxt...
Old 09-02-04, 06:43 PM
Neo
The One

What I'm hearing though is that NXT is not as durable as other polymers like Zaino, meaning you will have to apply more often. Did you notice this bluelex?
Old 09-02-04, 08:01 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
What I'm hearing though is that NXT is not as durable as other polymers like Zaino, meaning you will have to apply more often. Did you notice this bluelex?
well i can't lie. i wax my car 3 times a week but its cuz i want to not need to. i remember b4 a show i had waxed the car and put 2 coats of the nxt the night b4 and the next day its rained hard on the way 2 the show. and when i got there i had people ask me if i drove through a secret tunnel cuz my car looked like i just waxed it. i thought my car was dirty but everyones car looked much dirtier than mine. i can only speak for myself and well the other guys i know who use it as much as me and we(TeeLex,D-got,Indio)share stories and had the same great results...i'm don't try to convice anyone on the product, but when i go to shows or anywhere and they ask what i use on my car i tell them nxt... give it a try, it definately won't hurt
Old 09-02-04, 08:30 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Congratulations daddy.

The first child certainly changes a mans perspective on life.

As to NXT durability. Here is a pic of NXT beading rain at 68 days. A week later I began to apply NXT Booster after every other wash and it's now over 4 months since I initially applied NXT Tech Wax and the finish is slippery and looks great. Granted the booster is really applying more wax but even of you only look at the first 68 days, that is a decent durability and as the image shows it was still well protected.

I have clients vehicles that I redo every three months and NXT has held up on them. A lot depends on how the vehicle is treated, whether it is garaged and the environment.

Quick Reply: Where to by Meguiars NXT wax?