Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Just used Zaino on my GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-04, 07:52 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your ride looks sweet dude. Zaino is the best.
Old 08-16-04, 08:00 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PHML, you wouldn't understand. It's a NY thing. My car gets hit A LOT!!!! People that back in or out of parking spaces uses your car as a guide!

And some of these MFs don't bump you softly. They bump you pretty hard!!!! Hard enough so you can see your suspension rebounding from the hit.

So, guess what? I got the frame. I saw at least two cars parked in front of me with 10 holes in its bumper. I guess they bumped me when they parked in. Well, they deserve it. I NEVER EVER bump anyone when I park. I get my lazy a$$ out of the car and check the back to see how much space I have when I'm in doubt. On the VERY VERY rare occasions that I do bump someone, I bump them going so slow, that I don't even know that I bumped him.

But I'm going to mod the frame soon. I'm going to cut off 3 sides. I'll just use the long horizontal piece (since that's the only piece that does damage). This will make it blend in more easily.

rgarjr, I agree....I won't go back to Zymol after using Zaino.
Old 08-16-04, 08:15 PM
ias
Pole Position

very nice job, i must do that real soon!!!!

p.s. nice legs! lol!!
Old 08-16-04, 08:22 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zanio is great....Nice jorb
Old 11-09-04, 06:01 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

I just applied my 2nd coat of Z2 on the car. Hopefully it'll warm up a bit and I could do one more coat before winter hits.

Old 11-09-04, 06:35 PM
F4Luder
Driver

dude itsamazing how shinny that is..... im just gonna have to try zaino .
Old 11-09-04, 07:14 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Good job with the zaino not add some 25 mm spacers..
Old 11-09-04, 07:22 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not to sound like an idiot, but where can i get zaino... i usually got to Pep Boys for most of my car care products since i pass it 4-5 times a week and every now and then an R&S Strauss... in any event, i WANT IT!!!
Old 11-09-04, 07:37 PM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by varcity64
not to sound like an idiot, but where can i get zaino... i usually got to Pep Boys for most of my car care products since i pass it 4-5 times a week and every now and then an R&S Strauss... in any event, i WANT IT!!!
http://www.zainostore.com/

Chu...
Old 11-09-04, 08:01 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if anybody is looking for a Zaino kit I have one that I'm not using anymore. Used for about 6 applications on the GS. I've been converted..... although Zaino is great I just dont like it on black paint.

it offers a crazy mirrored finish and after you get upwards to around 5 coats you will see!!! My beef w/ Zaino is that it doesn't offer much to the depth of Black paint because naturally our black paint looks flat and shiny.

I ended up going to Meguiars. Their multi-step process along w/ my Porter cable finishes the paint just the way I like it. I've managed to get my paint deep, luxurious, and wet w/ an impeccable mirror like finish almost up to par w/ Zaino. Now when you look at the pricetag and ease of use of the Meguiars I totally fell in love.

but I'll tell you one thing.... nothing got me all worked up about paint as Zaino did!
Old 11-09-04, 08:14 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post The Amazing Zaino!

Cadd,
That Zaino is great stuff. Specially on black paint which is hard to maintain. Swirl marks and all. I see you got 17's now, Looks good. Hope the shin is healing just fine. Love the spikes on the frame. It's amazing how disrespectfull people can be. Just got a door ding on my GS the other day. Keep it up. Your car just keeps getting better with every pic you post.
I also have the Eibach/Bilstein set up and am very happy with it. I also recommend swaybars and a STB.
Will

P.S.
I hate those damn birds that seem to spot the cleanest cars on the lot.
Old 11-09-04, 08:33 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

LexAristo, yeah, the OEM offset is a bit too high. Way too conservative.

Varsity, there's a distributor in Brooklyn that I got it from. Sometimes he shows up at the meets. If you go to his house, he'll take a good 45 minutes to show you the proper way to apply it. You also save money on shipping and taxes too.

If you're interested, PM me for his number & address.

Uptown, I find Zaino real easy to apply on by hand. The good thing is that you can apply it on anything. I wax my windows, headlights, tailights, wheels, etc. This stuff won't leave the white residue that some other waxes leaves (like Zymol).

I also use it on my CR-V as well. On the CR-V, I have a black piece of plastic that goes along side the doors. When I used Zymol, I accidentally applied some on. Well, the black piece of plastic stayed gray for weeks! With Zaino, no need to worry about that.

With the GS, when I used Zymol, it left all that white crap on the edges of the door, hood, fenders, edges of the trunk after I wipe it off. It took months before I was able to get all that off. With Zaino, no worries. That alone is worth the extra $$$ IMHO.

TAMR, I really like the Eibach/Bilstein combo. It doesn't ride too rough, but the handling improved A LOT!!!! I was very delighted w/the reduction of body roll.

I also took off the spike license plate holder. I'm afraid that if someone that actually cared about his car backs up into me lightly and finds 8 holes in his rear bumper, he might kick my fender in or break my windows. I mean, when I accidentally touch (slightly) someone's bumper when I park, I get really pissed off AT MYSELF and the first thing I do when I get out of my car is check out the bumper. I would be pissed to find holes in my bumper. So after putting myself in another enthusiast's shoes, I decide to take it off.

So no more spikes

Last edited by Cadd; 11-09-04 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-09-04, 08:45 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Cadd,
Your car looks good with that Zaino. Glad to see you got 2 coats on, just in time for the winter though The results look great and you got a hell of a back and arm workout from putting the Zaino on it sounds like. Don't you love the burn from buffing the Zaino off? HAHA Drop looks good, give it some time to settle, 2-4 weeks, then you may want to get an alignment to make sure you don't get any uneven tire wear from the drop. Oh yeah, wear some shin guards next time you Zaino the car, LOL!
Old 11-09-04, 08:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very nice man, very nice. if maintained well the black is so nice

come to think about it, maybe it's time for me to detail my gs4 and get ready for winter!
Old 11-09-04, 10:08 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Looks rely rely good. Get some Tire shine and your good to go.

Quick Reply: Just used Zaino on my GS