Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Just used Zaino on my GS

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-04, 10:35 PM
rodel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Very shiny. Great effort!
Old 11-09-04, 11:16 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Just used Zaino on my GS

Dude-

Love the Zaino! Your hood makes me feel like I'm looking at a calm body of water that's reflecting the sky.

Did your eibach/bilstein combo settle yet?

It's been about 3-4 months since you've put it on. How do you like the feel? I have a set of the eibachs in my garage - just waiting for a good time to pick up the shocks and a shop that's willing to put them on cheap.

The cheapest i can find for installation is $250.

Thanks!

Clifford

Originally posted by Cadd
BTW, if anyone noticed, I also just installed my Eibach/Bilstein combo. I expected the drop to be more. But I guess it's better than stock.

For those that know, I started doing the fronts first (2 weeks ago). Never had the time to do the rears. Well, I just finished the rear early this morning. Took me about 2 hours + time to gather tools.

After installing the suspension, I decided to use Zaino for the first time. I am VERY pleased with the results.

It took 5 hours of work. I'm sore now

Wash with DAWN
- Dry with 100% cotton towel
- Clay with MOTHERS
- Wash with Meguires Car Wash
- Dry with 100% cotton
- Pour about 1/3 of Z2 to the small bottle
- Put 3 - 4 drops of ZFX in
- Shaked it for 2 minutes
- Wax it on.....very very very little. If you can see the wax, you're applying too much
- About 1.5 hours later, I was done
- I let it sit for 30 minutes and I took it off with 100% cotton towel (there wasn't much to take off because I didn't put a lot on).

Oh yeah, I had a few beers somewhere in between

I took a day off to finish with the rear suspension and also to wash and wax. I thought I was going to get to both cars, but when I was done with this one, I was too tired to do the CR-V! Next time...

Here are some pics.
Old 11-10-04, 04:27 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Zaino is the bomb!!!! Your car just after one application of it looks amazing!!!

I was converted to Zaino early this year and I now have about 15 coats of it on mine! Ofcourse since my car is Silver it does not have the depth of color as darker colors have. However it still looks amazing!
Old 11-10-04, 05:00 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i personally use Klasse, only because Zaino just seems wayyyy tooo complicated for me
Old 11-10-04, 05:16 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
i personally use Klasse, only because Zaino just seems wayyyy tooo complicated for me
It just seems wayyyy tooo complicated unless you try it at least once. After that it's a breeze!
Old 11-10-04, 06:33 AM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So cadd.... when are you gonna help me do my car?
Old 11-10-04, 07:45 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

GS430 Guy, the springs already settled since I had it on for over 2 months already. I also brought the car in for an alignment using that HUNTER machine. It wasn't off at all. I was amazed that I didn't screw up changing the spring/struts myself.

The drop is great. It's a perfect drop for me since I don't want to (can't) go too low. There are some places where I already scratch the bottom (going up/down some steep driveways where the breakover angle is not suffice). Right now, I have a 2 - 3 finger gap (depending on how fat your fingers are ). And shin guards won't be necessary since I took off the spikes already (see my post from above).

cliffud, see my comments on the Eibach/Bilstein combo from my post above.

NT2shbby, just like Hameed mentioned, it's not complicated at all. After you do it once, it's a piece of cake.

Mo, my arm/back is still sore.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Last edited by Cadd; 11-10-04 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-10-04, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Zaino is the bomb!!!! Your car just after one application of it looks amazing!!!

I was converted to Zaino early this year and I now have about 15 coats of it on mine! Ofcourse since my car is Silver it does not have the depth of color as darker colors have. However it still looks amazing!
well if you put enough layers with z6 in between, you get the depth too
Old 11-10-04, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Hameed
It just seems wayyyy tooo complicated unless you try it at least once. After that it's a breeze!
yup, agree, it only seems complicated. it's so easy to use
Old 11-10-04, 09:19 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice job CAdd

i'm going to redo mine one l;ast time before the snow comes

shabby

the intial does take a little time but after that its no sweat
Old 11-10-04, 02:56 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zaino is not that difficult to use. You just have to remember that there are steps to take to properly Zaino your car.

1 thing for sure though.... Zaino on my wheels was marvelous! I swear they never reflected so nicely! I had about 4 coats on my wheels at a time. Simply bliss!!!
Old 11-10-04, 09:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Originally posted by T.L.W.
nice job CAdd

i'm going to redo mine one l;ast time before the snow comes

shabby

the intial does take a little time but after that its no sweat
well, put it this way. if you want the best result, the initial prep work is the same for all systems
Old 11-11-04, 09:30 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
well if you put enough layers with z6 in between, you get the depth too
henry, can you elaborate more?? z6?? i have a silver car as well, and i want depth dammit!!
Old 11-11-04, 01:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Originally posted by varcity64
henry, can you elaborate more?? z6?? i have a silver car as well, and i want depth dammit!!
every time after you wash the car, or between layers of z2/z5 (after you buff off the wax), you should apply a layer of z6 (the spray bottle). it only takes about 10 to 15 mins at most to do the car, but it will produce a very wet look effect on the car finish. if you do that between layers of zaino, it's going to create a much deeper wet look. i do that on my gs4, is3, and my old tl-s. the results are really better than just wax. granted of course, it's harder on silver cars. but if you work hard enough, it's only going to get better
Old 11-11-04, 01:37 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

I spray Z6 on everytime I'm done waxing. It takes about 10 minutes to do the whole car. Basically Z6 is like a quick detailer, but it's super concentrated. ONE OUNCE can do the entire car. Don't spray it like windex.

From what I understand, it is made so that itbonds with the wax to give it a nicer/deeper/shinier finish.

Quick Reply: Just used Zaino on my GS