Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Just used Zaino on my GS

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-04, 02:32 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
i personally use Klasse, only because Zaino just seems wayyyy tooo complicated for me

I started using Klasse AIO as a base for my Zaino with very good results, give Zaino a shot, there's nothing complicated about it.
Old 11-12-04, 12:26 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You shouldn't flash your whole car at once with the Z6..... between layers I usually like to wait atleast an hour between coats. Between each layer I'd Z6 half of the hood and apply the wax.... then start on the next side.... Z6 and wax by panels to really get the paint prepped for the wax. When you Z6 the entire car and then apply the wax... chances are your paint will return to its normal status.

my experience with Zaino is that it does provide a super wet and mirrored look. I mean the wax really reflects well.... but while I have a Black car I felt that it lacked much depth. Wet yes.... depth... NO. But that is only on my BLack Onyx. When I had my GGp IS the Zaino was marvelous and 2nd to none! along w/ the Toyota Beige I used on my mom's car. But alast on Black Onyx I felt Zaino wasn't cutting it for me. I was persistent and felt that maybe I just needed more layers and I got a total of 6 coats of Zaino on my car when I got fed up. Keep in mind my paint is not perfect and any little imperfection in your car the Zaino will intensify it... so that was #1 for me..... then when I used the #83/#80/NXT I realized that the Zaino totally lacked the depth that I was looking for in my black oNyx. #2 and so now me and my portercable and the Meguiars professional line is all I need.
Old 11-12-04, 10:25 PM
audphile1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Cadd
PHML, you wouldn't understand. It's a NY thing. My car gets hit A LOT!!!! People that back in or out of parking spaces uses your car as a guide!

And some of these MFs don't bump you softly. They bump you pretty hard!!!! Hard enough so you can see your suspension rebounding from the hit.

So, guess what? I got the frame. I saw at least two cars parked in front of me with 10 holes in its bumper. I guess they bumped me when they parked in. Well, they deserve it. I NEVER EVER bump anyone when I park. I get my lazy a$$ out of the car and check the back to see how much space I have when I'm in doubt. On the VERY VERY rare occasions that I do bump someone, I bump them going so slow, that I don't even know that I bumped him.

But I'm going to mod the frame soon. I'm going to cut off 3 sides. I'll just use the long horizontal piece (since that's the only piece that does damage). This will make it blend in more easily.

rgarjr, I agree....I won't go back to Zymol after using Zaino.
hey Cadd. Remember my post where I said zymol was crap comparing to zaino?
also, you got to tell me where you got the plate frame man. that just awesome to have here in Brooklyn with all the morons backing into our cars all the time. hey, your car looks nice. good job with the suspension kit and waxing it. by the way, I had trouble seing the zaino on my silver ls430 when I was waxing it. thought I wasn't putting enough of it on, but glad I held up and didn't use more. It came out real nice. I did 2 coats already. 3rd coat coming up may be this weekend if I get some spare time.
Old 11-30-04, 12:03 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

nice job with the zaino

cadd, you mind tellin me where you got that liscence plat frame?
Old 11-30-04, 05:19 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

I got it at Pep Boys. I think it cost $15 or so. It came in a chrome/silver color. I spray painted it black so the spikes won't be as noticable.
Old 12-04-04, 07:36 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my car after one coat of zaino (or maybe two, but if it was two then the previous coat had been on there for several months):
http://www.threxx.com/car/car.htm

I've seen people mention all sorts of uses for Zaino in this thread (glass - as a replacement for Rain-X, wheels, etc)

Just thought I would add that Zaino is especially a good idea on your wheels if they are painted (not chrome). The paint used is really no different than the paint on your car... clear coat and all, so it can be made to look just as good with proper care (although I don't think they use nearly as much clearcoat on the wheels from the factory).

Oh and my favorite 'alternative' use of Zaino... wood! The wood in our cars is not only real butalso has a clearcoat on it just like any other painted surface of the car. It will respond to and appreciate Zaino just as much as the rest of your car. Plus there's so little of it, it's easy to just apply 3 coats in one day to your wood (the max for Zaino in 24 hours IIRC) just to see the overall effect.
Old 12-04-04, 08:25 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Looks very stock, but I bet with all those suspension mods it handles VERY different than stock.
Old 12-25-04, 08:05 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks very clean lol
Old 12-26-04, 07:06 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

That's a very nice GS. Zaino works well with Lexus paints in my experience. I've also had good luck with Pinnacle Souveran on black GS.
Old 03-22-05, 08:48 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Where did you get that plate frame in teh front? I need one. I need to take some precations here in the city.