Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Just used Zaino on my GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-04, 06:58 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just used Zaino on my GS

BTW, if anyone noticed, I also just installed my Eibach/Bilstein combo. I expected the drop to be more. But I guess it's better than stock.

For those that know, I started doing the fronts first (2 weeks ago). Never had the time to do the rears. Well, I just finished the rear early this morning. Took me about 2 hours + time to gather tools.

After installing the suspension, I decided to use Zaino for the first time. I am VERY pleased with the results.

It took 5 hours of work. I'm sore now

Wash with DAWN
- Dry with 100% cotton towel
- Clay with MOTHERS
- Wash with Meguires Car Wash
- Dry with 100% cotton
- Pour about 1/3 of Z2 to the small bottle
- Put 3 - 4 drops of ZFX in
- Shaked it for 2 minutes
- Wax it on.....very very very little. If you can see the wax, you're applying too much
- About 1.5 hours later, I was done
- I let it sit for 30 minutes and I took it off with 100% cotton towel (there wasn't much to take off because I didn't put a lot on).

Oh yeah, I had a few beers somewhere in between

I took a day off to finish with the rear suspension and also to wash and wax. I thought I was going to get to both cars, but when I was done with this one, I was too tired to do the CR-V! Next time...

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Just used Zaino on my GS-122_2233.jpg  
Old 08-16-04, 06:59 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Did I mention that I love Zaino?

Last edited by Cadd; 08-16-04 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-16-04, 07:02 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

You can get an idea of the drop with the Eibach/Bilstein combo. I stil have a 2.5 - 3 finger gap For some reason, I expected it to be lowered even more.

You can also see my poor filthy CR-V

Last edited by Cadd; 08-16-04 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-16-04, 07:03 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Don't back up into my car. You'll have holes on your rear bumper if you do!

Old 08-16-04, 07:05 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cadd

looks awesome

just bought this stuff myself

cant wait to try it

any tips besides the beers

and paint those calipers

Last edited by T.L.W.; 08-16-04 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-16-04, 07:05 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Last pic

Old 08-16-04, 07:06 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Oh yeah, this is what happens when I tried to buff the wax off and I totally forgot that I had that license plate frame.

Old 08-16-04, 07:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Looks great, but don't you hate it when you've just finished cleaning like that and a bird flies over?
Attached Thumbnails Just used Zaino on my GS-hoodcrap.jpg  
Old 08-16-04, 07:07 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Now, I need a car cover!!!!!

There are 3 houses that are currently being demolished and being rebuilt within 100 feet from my house! All that dirt will be on the car

Last edited by Cadd; 08-16-04 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-16-04, 07:13 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the suspension should settle more, well the rear anyway since u just put it in...good job
Old 08-16-04, 07:17 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to see you finally got those springs on the car. Just to let you know, the springs should settle in over the first week or so that you have them on the car(assuming your driving it).....resulting in the car dropping down a slight bit more. Remember, they only drop the car an inch or so....but they will settle in.
Old 08-16-04, 07:24 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Cadd
[B]Did I mention that I love Zaino?

Your car looks great!!! Your pictures are a testament to those that are spectical of the shine that you get with zaino on a black car if your car has been properly prepped (clean..) Your car is coming along great and glad to read that your a pleased ZAINO user like myself..
Old 08-16-04, 07:45 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the compliments guys!

TLW, have lots of beer! Make sure you DAWN the car first....I would also clay it. The paint feels like glass after you clay it. VERY IMPORTANT to wash again after claying.....since there could be loose contaminants hanging on the paint. Yeah, my calipers need some black paint....but my next project is to bleed the brakes. BTW, notice my rotors? I'm sporting a new color....it's called "rusty orange".

Oh, back on topic.....more tips. Try to do it in the shade (here in NY, some of us have a driveway between two houses that will provide lots of shade). I have no shade The sun makes the black paint feel like 120 degrees! But it was cloudy today, so, I lucked out.

Only pour Z2 about 1/3 of the way onto the little bottle (less than 1 ounce). I filled it to 1/3 and still had left over.

Dave, not funny man! LOL

Bluelex, I hope it settles a little more. I haven't driven it much after I installed it. After installing the fronts, I only drove it 15 miles (it felt weird since the rear seems to be so much higher than the front). After the rears, I only drove it for 8 miles. So the front suspension has about 23 miles on them and the rears only has about 8 miles on them.

TTurboPimp, thanks for the suspension setup man! The car feels more secure when I take fast sweeping turns (long on-ramps). I also notice that it doesn't dive or squat as much as it used to when I accelerate/brake hard. You were right, it wasn't that difficult to install (althought I busted my front passenger-side upper ball joint boot). It has electrical tape all over it now

BTW, I'm still waiting for the monster that you have planned.

Johnee, this car was abused by its previous owner. Now, I guess I have to make up for that. First I have to build a carport or something....then next is a car cover. After that I can put more coats of Zaino on. But I'm amazed by the way it looks with just ONE coat of Zaino on. But man, it was hard work.

Next for the car are clear corners and larger wheels.

Last edited by Cadd; 08-16-04 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-16-04, 07:50 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Wait until you see when water hits your car..You"ll understand what I mean when it does.. Also ZAINO your windows, it works better than rain-x..
Old 08-16-04, 07:52 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Cadd
Oh yeah, this is what happens when I tried to buff the wax off and I totally forgot that I had that license plate frame.

LOL....I can see how you got the gash on your leg....them dang spikes on your license frame. LOL!!!

Drive the car around the block....that should clear up the rust from your rotors.

Btw....lookin good bro. I love Zaino too.

Pete
Attached Thumbnails Just used Zaino on my GS-122_2238.jpg  

Last edited by PHML; 08-16-04 at 07:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Just used Zaino on my GS