Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Care of the OEM car cover?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-04, 05:58 PM
Stef
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Care of the OEM car cover?

I was wondering does anyone know how to clean and wash the OEM car cover for my gs300? I got it as a gift from a friend and it's been a while since I got it. The outside is somewhat dirty and the inside a little. It came with instructions how to clean it but I lost it. Anyone please help...

THANKS!
-Stef

Old 08-29-04, 08:21 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My "California Car Cover" NOAH cover cleaning instruction states:

Cover may be washed using a Large automatic washer without an agitator found in most commericial
laundromats. DO NOT use machines with agitators - this can damage the cover and cause tears or
rips. A home type washer is NOT large enough to accommodate the cover and provide proper cleaning.

Use 2 cups of liquid "Fantastic All Purpose Cleaner" ONLY ! (Not soap or detergent) Wash cover using
the "Normal or PermanentPress" cycles in COLD or Warm water. DO NOT WASH IN HOT WATER !!
Run cover through two rinse cycles 0- it is most important that all the cleaner be removed in order to
preserve the cover's water resistance. AIR DRY the cover - DO NOT put cover in an automatic dryer (the
fabric can melt) DO NOT DRY CLEAN ! A fabric protector such as Scotch Guard may be used to restore
from slight fabric leakage, if desired. The cover may be air dryed on the vehicle or layed out on a large
carpet to Air dry...
Old 08-30-04, 01:02 PM
Stef
Rookie

Originally posted by Tammy
My "California Car Cover" NOAH cover cleaning instruction states:

Cover may be washed using a Large automatic washer without an agitator found in most commericial
laundromats. DO NOT use machines with agitators - this can damage the cover and cause tears or
rips. A home type washer is NOT large enough to accommodate the cover and provide proper cleaning.

Use 2 cups of liquid "Fantastic All Purpose Cleaner" ONLY ! (Not soap or detergent) Wash cover using
the "Normal or PermanentPress" cycles in COLD or Warm water. DO NOT WASH IN HOT WATER !!
Run cover through two rinse cycles 0- it is most important that all the cleaner be removed in order to
preserve the cover's water resistance. AIR DRY the cover - DO NOT put cover in an automatic dryer (the
fabric can melt) DO NOT DRY CLEAN ! A fabric protector such as Scotch Guard may be used to restore
from slight fabric leakage, if desired. The cover may be air dryed on the vehicle or layed out on a large
carpet to Air dry...
Thank you sooo MUCH!!!!!!
I was wondering though what is a "agitator"? Is it that middle thing usually in washers? Also the "Fantastic All Purpose Cleaner" where is that available? Any market?

Thank u again!
Old 08-31-04, 11:24 PM
ArcES330
Driver

Originally posted by Stef
Thank you sooo MUCH!!!!!!
I was wondering though what is a "agitator"? Is it that middle thing usually in washers? Also the "Fantastic All Purpose Cleaner" where is that available? Any market?

Thank u again!
yes agitator is the middle spinning thingy. Fantasic is 409 any market, wal mart, target, costco you could get it.