Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Questions for detail gurus...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-04 | 08:10 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Default Questions for detail gurus...

Have any of you heard of "Showroom Surface Gloss?" It's a "waterless carwash" product that you just spray on and wipe off with a microfibre towel.
I've seen it applied and it really does bring out the glossy shine of paint. Has anyone here tried it or know what the ingredients are?
I was told it's not available to the general public and is a little known secret that professional detailers use on showroom cars.

TIA, jd
Old 10-12-04 | 09:33 PM
Guitarman

Not familiar with it myself, but from the sound of it it's basically a quick detailer/ cleaner hybrid (same effect-remove light dust and dirt and add shine via a microfiber towel). FWIW, most of the products marketed to professionals aren't necessarily better than high-end stuff you can buy yourself (Zaino, Pinnacle, Klasse etc.) it's just that they're marketed to be sold in larger bulk containers , and meet general needs, rather than "enthusiast" needs. I have used a product that is similar called "Dri Wash & Guard" -

http://www.dri-waterless-car-wash.com/

which is pretty good, and seems to do the same things as the product you mentioned.

FWIW, it's easy to formulate a product that adds shine to paint . It's just harder to "keep" the shine there for a while, through the elements. Silicone is one example of a shine producing component that's found in many paint shine products, from wax to quick detailers.

Last edited by Guitarman; 10-12-04 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-12-04 | 09:46 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Cool. Thanks for the info Dan. Much appreciated.
jd
Old 10-13-04 | 04:48 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

yes i have some its called showroom shine and it works very well yes you have to get it from a detail supply store saves from washing your car alot i will try to find you a link
Old 10-13-04 | 04:51 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by lexusondubs
yes i have some its called showroom shine and it works very well yes you have to get it from a detail supply store saves from washing your car alot i will try to find you a link
here ia a link http://www.malcopro.com/cgi-win/mselect.exe/1104 dan this is more malco stuff i have been telling you about
its about 25 bux for 1 gallon that will last you at least 6 months to 1 year i use mine very day on my chrome wheels and every other day on my paint its well worth the money i highly recommend cause you can also use inbetween coats of zaino to provide a flawless finish ........
Old 10-17-04 | 07:28 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

hey GS did you find the showroom shine ?? was it what you were looking for ??
Old 10-18-04 | 07:47 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lexusondubs
hey GS did you find the showroom shine ?? was it what you were looking for ??
i got back in touch with the detailer. on the bottle he gave me it says "showroom surface gloss." but i found the actual website link:
http://www.pssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=pssales&Category_Code=1
and it looks like it goes by "paint gloss."
thanks, jd