Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Complete new Carpet Interior? - Where to get one if sold

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-04 | 06:51 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Default Complete new Carpet Interior? - Where to get one if sold

I just got my 92 SC300 and I was cleaning the carpet this weekend, it has some major stains in it...and I spilled some coffee (not just water but this one was made with milk...) and I tried the carpet cleaner, the one you spray and suck up, and it worked well, but there are still some major stains in the car, and it still has a little bit of a smell. Anyways I was wondering if it was possible to order a whole new carpet for it. Is this something I could risk at taprecycling if they even sold this kind of item. Or can I order it from Toyota or Lexus?

The person was also a smoker, luckily the car doesn't smell at all, but there are ashes imbedded in the carpet and nomatter how much I clean...there's still some left.

Hopefully I can order some new carpet, get some new leather and the car will be like new again!
Old 10-17-04 | 07:49 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

you need to simply remove the carpet and pressure wash it. a pre-treat stain remover will do the trick, followed by a pressure washer at the local carwash. Use one with good pressure
Old 10-17-04 | 08:01 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

I'll try that, not sure if it will get everything out, especially the ashes...those I think are in there forever.
Old 10-18-04 | 03:28 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TMaxxTim
I'll try that, not sure if it will get everything out, especially the ashes...those I think are in there forever.
If not, dye your interior black

Peace,

Jonny
Old 10-18-04 | 05:45 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

lol i wish, my coffee smell is still stuck in the car!
Old 10-18-04 | 06:43 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Have you tried a reputable professional detailier in your area? Try Autopia or DetailCity for references. It won't be cheap, but it'll be much, much less expensive than a new interior. I also agree with removing the carpets (very labor intensive) and presure washing--again, much cheaper than a new interior. Good luck.
Old 10-18-04 | 06:46 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

I got a carpet interior secured for $100 if I decide to go with it. I'll think about a professional cleaner. I probably just need to get it out of the car and look at it....this weekend!
Old 10-18-04 | 06:46 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by JellyBean
Have you tried a reputable professional detailier in your area? Try Autopia or DetailCity for references. It won't be cheap, but it'll be much, much less expensive than a new interior. I also agree with removing the carpets (very labor intensive) and presure washing--again, much cheaper than a new interior. Good luck.
Hey man,

I just removed my carpet a couple of days and it really isn't very labor intensive. I would say it takes an hour max to get it out. I think the longest part of it is removing the 2 bolts from each of the front 2 seats. Just remember to not disconnect the battery until u have a set from the front or back out - this way u don't get stuck without acess to to the other 2 bolts.

Good luck with whatever u decide,

Peace,
Jonny
Old 10-20-04 | 12:33 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

You can take the carpet to a detail shop and have them use their carpet cleaner on it. I paid like $75 and the carpet was near spotless afterwards. Just make sure to brush the piles in the right direction so that when it dries it isn't left stiff and in a different direction than the rest of the carpet.