Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

will rejex and zaino work if it is layered

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-04, 07:40 PM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default will rejex and zaino work if it is layered

currently i have many layers of zaino on my car, i was thinking about picking up a bottle of this rejex stuff just to try it out to see how i like it, well my question is will it work good on top of my zaino, and if i dont like the product will i have to strip all my wax off and and apply the zaino again or can i just apply it over the rejex thanks
Old 11-11-04, 09:02 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't (and I'm not sure anyone here can definitively) give you an answer on whether you can apply it then go back to Zaino without stripping everything. Being that it's a polymer sealant similar to Zaino, I doubt you'd see much difference, but then, it's your car and aside from the possible work involved in getting back to where you "were" with the Zaino, there's no harm in trying it really.

You're the first person I've come across to ask that question, so there's no "historical perspective" to fall back on that I'm aware of. I'd tell you to call Sal (Zaino) but we can pretty much guess what he'd say...

Are you unhappy (or just bored) with your Zaino?

If you want a different look, It would be easier to apply a carnauba over the Zaino ( and use the Rejex on another vehicle), at least you KNOW you can remove that without hurting the layers of Zaino. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Last edited by Guitarman; 11-11-04 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-12-04, 05:52 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Zaino's an my GX but switched to the Rejex in the wheel wells only. It has made getting the stuck on stuff that comes off the road easier to get off. Just tried it a month ago so I don't know how long it will last.
Old 11-12-04, 07:13 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for all the replies, i love zaino, tried griots garage stuff, meguiars nxt, klasse (but i love the all in one), and many many more than people have talked about and zaino is the best so far, its just that i have also been hearing good stuff about this rejex stuff and it is really affordable, just thought i try a bottle to see how it comes out, the reason why i wanted to try it on my car, cause after i zaino my car, i know how it comes out, if i use rejex on it i can compare, if it does come out good then i will try it on another vehicle also to make sure its not the zaino giving me the results i got. have u tried it yet guitarman since your the detailing expert.
Old 11-12-04, 07:15 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

also having tan leather in my gs, being a 98 its getting pretty dirty, what do u recommend to clean it, is it possible or just try to condition it every once in awhile, if u own a car with tan seats u know what i mean by getting dirty, also the front door speaker covers, is it possible to clean those cause they are really dirty also, thanks again
Old 11-12-04, 07:46 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have tan leather as well and just use Lexol leather cleaner and the conditioner. I clean and condition them 2-4 times a year. I also have heard the Lexus leather cleaner and the Zaino's leather cleaner are very good. I would just pick one of the brands and try it out. I hear the Zaino's actually smells like leather.
Old 11-12-04, 08:19 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have u tried it yet guitarman
Nope, haven't. Not that I wouldn't want to, but my life is too hectic and I rarely go out of my way to look for products if I already have something that's working for me to the same effect. And at this stage, I'm pretty set on what I use on my/ my customers cars, because it plain old "works" for me. I DO read reviews on ALL products though, especially at Autopia, to try and stay "in the loop"..

Usually, If I bump into it at a store, or someone gives me something to try, I do, but I'm not the best one to talk to about all the different products out there unfortunatley. But that's what's great about this (and similar) forums; so many people that DO try everything available, so you're bound to get feedback on it a different product sooner or later. Cheers.

Last edited by Guitarman; 11-12-04 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-12-04, 08:32 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for putting out the time to answer all my questions, if i do decide to pick some up this weekend, ill be sure to let everyone know how i like it.
Old 11-13-04, 10:41 PM
audphile1
Pole Position

here is an idea for you. how about just doing 1 fender with the new polish and leave the rest of the car with zaino. then you can compare and it will be easier to redo if you don't like it. also, strip the zaino off that part of the car you will do, just wash it with dawn. if you don't like rejex, wash it with dawn again and just zaino that part that you washed.
Old 11-14-04, 11:22 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for the input, yeah that is what i usually do just half a front fender, just to compare waxes. cant get a hold of the rejex vendor yet but once i do, ill let everyone know my opinion on rejex vs zaino